Duluth collector and costume dealer dies after fall

Doug Moen puts a customer's coat in the coat check room of his costume shop on Tower Avenue in Superior shortly before Halloween 2005. Full Story
Laweez Luscious

Rochester, MN

#1 Feb 24, 2013
Doug was one of the coolest people I ever crossed paths with.
Much love and respect to all those who knew him.
A hundred years ago, when I was working 8 days a week I walked into the Second Act In the Colonial Warehouse in Mpls MN and I was transported to another place. I told Doug i'd work Mondays for free and gave up a paid work day to sew and mend and clean and sort and ogle over the treasures in the giant space. One of the things i remember most, is how silent it was in the shop that was so densely filled with more clothes than, unless you've been there, you can. possibly imagine. He saved all the best ties for himself, which made my heart smile. He taught my abstaining inamorato how to dress like Gatsby, which still makes me swoon. Thanks Doug, for the memories. the few pieces you allowed me to buy/steal and the reality escape sessions. YOU are in my thoughts. Bless and God Speed my old friend. Thanks. <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obituaries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Destiny Marie Garrett Mon Jane 1
Funeral Held for President of Hells Angels (Jul '09) Oct 19 pissed off old lady 134
Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Oct 18 Roger and Terri 42
I would like to start an Obituary Forum & Poll ... (Sep '10) Oct 17 KATHLEEN LISSENDEN 25
Scott Leahy, 37, Avenel (Jul '07) Oct 14 KIss 71
To those with no pride in Sanford: Youa re outn... Oct 13 Lucille Arsenault 1
Kenneth Ray Kirkham Oct 12 Esther in London 1

Obituaries People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE