Albemarle Church Performs Stations of...

Albemarle Church Performs Stations of the Cross

There are 36 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 26, 2013, titled Albemarle Church Performs Stations of the Cross. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Friday afternoon, a crowd gathered at the Church of the Incarnation for a tradition they say helps grow their faith.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
educate yourselves

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Mar 30, 2013
interesting.christianity stole all its beliefs from pagan myths and rituals. for anyone that wants the truth, there are several ways to get it. i recommend the documentary, zeitgeist. i don't expect christians will watch it because they don't want the truth. but give it a look....fascinating stuff.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Mar 30, 2013
educate yourselves wrote:
interesting.christianity stole all its beliefs from pagan myths and rituals. for anyone that wants the truth, there are several ways to get it. i recommend the documentary, zeitgeist. i don't expect christians will watch it because they don't want the truth. but give it a look....fascinating stuff.
I watched it recently, illuminating. Not that I wasn't aware that the bible was a sham anyway but this piece does a good job of putting all these FACTS together. Talk about robbing Peter to pay the Pope. There are some other very interesting stuff Zeitgeist has put out that will cause some to wonder what the heck kind of country do we really live in.
ActionJackson

South Boston, VA

#3 Mar 30, 2013
Re: the two above comments..what do you expect in a town of overly educated, soul-less liberals. Say a prayer for them.

“Praise Cheesus ! ”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4 Mar 30, 2013
Face it, EVERYONE lives godless lives, some folks just allow themselves to become deluded enough into pretending they have one.

“Praise Cheesus ! ”

Location hidden

#5 Mar 30, 2013
ActionJackson wrote:
Re: the two above comments..what do you expect in a town of overly educated, soul-less liberals. Say a prayer for them.
Hmmmm yes over educating your mind does seam to dis-spell unproven mythology, which I guess for you believers isn't much of a problem, since those who believe fictional book characters exist are usually the least properly educated in our population. Prayer= the art of doing nothing and thinking you are doing something. Prayer is like masturbation, the only person it does anything for , is the one who is doing the praying, but hey enjoy your mental ejaculations as you talk to yourself and pretend there is a god listening....
Proud Christian

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Mar 30, 2013
How very politically correct your report was! I am a proud member of Church of the Incarnation, and we do not BELIEVE that Jesus died for our sins and rose again, we KNOW He did! Alleluia!! Our GOD IS ALIVE!
Buggs

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Mar 30, 2013
Outspoken Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm yes over educating your mind does seam to dis-spell unproven mythology, which I guess for you believers isn't much of a problem, since those who believe fictional book characters exist are usually the least properly educated in our population. Prayer= the art of doing nothing and thinking you are doing something. Prayer is like masturbation, the only person it does anything for , is the one who is doing the praying, but hey enjoy your mental ejaculations as you talk to yourself and pretend there is a god listening....
Yes and we have a Holiday set aside for all Atheists. It's called April Fools Day!!!
Happy April Fools Day for all the Fools!
Lucy

Chesapeake, OH

#8 Mar 30, 2013
Why can't we all accept each others beliefs.? Why all the insults and hallelujahs? Most people are decent whether they are religious or atheists. Get over yourselves.
The Count

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Mar 30, 2013
Why do atheists try to force their immorality down everyone else's throat? If you don't believe fine, but that doesn't give you the right to inflict your lack of faith on the rest of us. You say the existence of God is an unproven myth. Can you prove otherwise? The rest of us rely on faith. Unfortunately I don't have much faith in those who try to infringe upon my First Amendment Right. That includes you Outspoken Atheist. May God have mercy on your soul!!

“Praise Cheesus ! ”

Location hidden

#10 Mar 30, 2013
The Count wrote:
Why do atheists try to force their immorality down everyone else's throat? If you don't believe fine, but that doesn't give you the right to inflict your lack of faith on the rest of us. You say the existence of God is an unproven myth. Can you prove otherwise? The rest of us rely on faith. Unfortunately I don't have much faith in those who try to infringe upon my First Amendment Right. That includes you Outspoken Atheist. May God have mercy on your soul!!
Yup I can prove otherwise, you see lack of evidence proving something exists is all it takes. As for immorality, how do you figure ? You see I don't believe in a book that condones slavery , rape or incest. I don't believe in a book that describes who to keep as slaves or how to beat them properly, I don't believe in a book that thinks rapists should be allowed to force their victims to marry them. I don't believe in a book that says incest populated the earth, nor do I believe in a book that says women are to be obedient to men and to remain in silence unless first given permission to speak. I don't believe in a book that says the military men can pick from the virgin POW's to find a wife and I surely don't believe in a book that promotes bigotry and hate. As for faith, that is what you must have when you lack fact, if you had facts then you would be calling it a theory since it was already proven, but you don't have any proof, so you must pretend what you believe is real. As for shoving these beliefs down your throat, I must ask when the last time you were awoken early on a Saturday morning by an Atheist coming to talk to you about the "good news" of reality ? because every single Saturday this month I have had a bible beater beating on my door to sell me their flavor of god. As for your first amendment right , I have the right to freedom from religion, just like you have the freedom of religion and I also have the right to free speech, so tough cookies !

“Praise Cheesus ! ”

Location hidden

#11 Mar 30, 2013
Buggs wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and we have a Holiday set aside for all Atheists. It's called April Fools Day!!!
Happy April Fools Day for all the Fools!
I guess I would rather be a fool that bases his life on logic and reason while embracing reality, compared to a deluded godtard pretending book characters exist basing it on mythology and wishful thinking...but hey enjoy pretending !
The Count

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Mar 31, 2013
Outspoken Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup I can prove otherwise, you see lack of evidence proving something exists is all it takes. As for immorality, how do you figure ? You see I don't believe in a book that condones slavery , rape or incest. I don't believe in a book that describes who to keep as slaves or how to beat them properly, I don't believe in a book that thinks rapists should be allowed to force their victims to marry them. I don't believe in a book that says incest populated the earth, nor do I believe in a book that says women are to be obedient to men and to remain in silence unless first given permission to speak. I don't believe in a book that says the military men can pick from the virgin POW's to find a wife and I surely don't believe in a book that promotes bigotry and hate. As for faith, that is what you must have when you lack fact, if you had facts then you would be calling it a theory since it was already proven, but you don't have any proof, so you must pretend what you believe is real. As for shoving these beliefs down your throat, I must ask when the last time you were awoken early on a Saturday morning by an Atheist coming to talk to you about the "good news" of reality ? because every single Saturday this month I have had a bible beater beating on my door to sell me their flavor of god. As for your first amendment right , I have the right to freedom from religion, just like you have the freedom of religion and I also have the right to free speech, so tough cookies !
You seem to be a little bit of a hypocrite. You state you don't believe in a book that condones rape or incest. Yet in other posts you support the sexual deviant in Chris Dumler and homosexuals. You can't have it both ways.

“Praise Cheesus ! ”

Location hidden

#14 Mar 31, 2013
The Count wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be a little bit of a hypocrite. You state you don't believe in a book that condones rape or incest. Yet in other posts you support the sexual deviant in Chris Dumler and homosexuals. You can't have it both ways.
Whoa.....I NEVER said I support Chris Dumler , what I was saying was he cannot be impeached from his political seat because of his conviction, unless it effects his duties. Just because he was convicted of a crime does not mean he still can't do the job he was elected to do, and without being bale to prove that, there is no case. If you need an example to this look at the case against Bill Clinton and how that failed after spending all the money they did to try and bring him down. As for supporting homosexuals YES I do ! I am guessing you are trying to imply that two loving consenting adults being in a relationship somehow supports incest, which is completely off base and just shows how ignorant you truly are!
educate yourselves

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Mar 31, 2013
Proud Christian wrote:
How very politically correct your report was! I am a proud member of Church of the Incarnation, and we do not BELIEVE that Jesus died for our sins and rose again, we KNOW He did! Alleluia!! Our GOD IS ALIVE!
see...you are a prime example of what i am saying. you refuse to investigate truth. your faith comes from the words and actions of others. you are a sheep. not that it is a bad thing. people like your pastor/reverend/minister need followers like you. otherwise, they have no authority and no power. cheers to you for empowering someone other than yourself!
Buggs

Troy, VA

#16 Mar 31, 2013
Outspoken Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I would rather be a fool that bases his life on logic and reason while embracing reality, compared to a deluded godtard pretending book characters exist basing it on mythology and wishful thinking...but hey enjoy pretending !
You also keep pretending there is no God!
educate yourselves

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Mar 31, 2013
Buggs wrote:
<quoted text>
You also keep pretending there is no God!
he is not pretending. there isn't a "god." show us a picture of him. is he on facebook?
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Mar 31, 2013
Buggs

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Mar 31, 2013
educate yourselves wrote:
<quoted text>
he is not pretending. there isn't a "god." show us a picture of him. is he on facebook?
Well then show me a picture of evolution as well. Is it on face book?
Proverbs 17:28
Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

Proverbs 18:2
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

Confucius say… never argue with a fool… he may be doing the same thing.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Mar 31, 2013
Amazing how we suffer through the diatribe of so called Christians when they themselves bastardize their own belief with judging others right off the bat. Can't even follow their own rules and want atheists to convert? Right. Hypocrites all.
sulh

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Mar 31, 2013
sez you wrote:
Amazing how we suffer through the diatribe of so called Christians when they themselves bastardize their own belief with judging others right off the bat. Can't even follow their own rules and want atheists to convert? Right. Hypocrites all.
haha...yep. but see, in christianity all you have to do is go to church sunday and be forgiven for all the bullshit you did during the week. hypocrisy at it's best! they can spew bible verses all day if you let them, they love to do that. trouble is, the whole book is full of lies...all of it stolen from pagan myths that existed way before christianity was even a word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obituaries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama tours flood-damaged Baton Rouge neighborh... 18 min Cordwainer Trout 8
Poll Dorothy I. Lissenden, R. N. Obituary (Oct '09) 6 hr KATHLEEN LISSENDEN 274
News Alfred University student dies from fight (Jun '08) 10 hr LaTisha 3
News Remembering 'Suzie' Mon RIP 1
News Former Medford resident Alan Osuna dies in Texas - (Oct '07) Sun J girl 25
News Jean E. Matthew Aug 18 Wanda Minkler 1
News Henderson, Lea Jane Aug 17 Jewlebaby101 1
More from around the web