Hamilton Township victim of December ...

Hamilton Township victim of December beating dies

There are 52 comments on the Public Opinion story from Feb 11, 2010, titled Hamilton Township victim of December beating dies. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

A Hamilton Township woman allegedly beaten by her adoptive son in December has died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
George

Owosso, MI

#1 Feb 12, 2010
Heartbreaking to think that the woman's last memory is having been beaten to death by the child that she raised to manhood. His picture and the description of his previous arrest tell me that no matter how well she tried to raise him, he's nothing but a thug and deserves to spend the remainder of his life in a jail cell.
disagree

Greencastle, PA

#3 Feb 12, 2010
Chambersburg has lots of news and it's all sad. This woman dies from a beating, a woman is killed in an auto collision on Warm Spring Rd, and the huge fire at Letterkenny. Why is it that bad news gets the attention and good news is relatively unnoticed? Is our society that sick?
Point

Newville, PA

#4 Feb 12, 2010
disagree wrote:
Chambersburg has lots of news and it's all sad. This woman dies from a beating, a woman is killed in an auto collision on Warm Spring Rd, and the huge fire at Letterkenny. Why is it that bad news gets the attention and good news is relatively unnoticed? Is our society that sick?
Answer: Yes, it is.
Smither

Gettysburg, PA

#5 Feb 12, 2010
disagree wrote:
I don't mean this rudely - it's just an observation. But you chose to click on this story, read it and comment. Yes, bad news sells better than good news.
Paula

Fayetteville, NC

#6 Feb 12, 2010
Thats exactly how I feel. I knew her, she was the sweetest kindest lovin soul and she certainly did not deserve this. He needs to be hung by his testicles and let slowly die. God Bless you Consy..R.I.P as I know you are not suffering anymore. You will be deeply missed
Huh

Elizabethtown, PA

#7 Feb 12, 2010
disagree wrote:
No. Our society isn't sick. We fell into a supposed moral trap. We have lost our battle and we will lose the war for the sake of profit,power and some sort of gain. I don't know about the rest of the world but i'm cutting out. Screw it.
Yvette

United States

#8 Feb 12, 2010
God saw that you were tired and came to take you home, I miss you so much. Our morning, afternoon and evening calls/visits are what we miss most. Your loving smile and tight hugs will forever be in our hearts and souls. All our love.
Yvette, Anthony, Jada, Jamal, AJ (Babe as you called him)
Commentor

Shippensburg, PA

#9 Feb 12, 2010
George wrote:
Heartbreaking to think that the woman's last memory is having been beaten to death by the child that she raised to manhood. His picture and the description of his previous arrest tell me that no matter how well she tried to raise him, he's nothing but a thug and deserves to spend the remainder of his life in a jail cell.
He deserves the death penalty!
disagree

Greencastle, PA

#10 Feb 12, 2010
Smither wrote:
<quoted text> I don't mean this rudely - it's just an observation. But you chose to click on this story, read it and comment. Yes, bad news sells better than good news.
Does that mean you agree our society is sick?
disagree

Greencastle, PA

#11 Feb 12, 2010
Yvette wrote:
God saw that you were tired and came to take you home, I miss you so much. Our morning, afternoon and evening calls/visits are what we miss most. Your loving smile and tight hugs will forever be in our hearts and souls. All our love.
Please accept my condolences for your loss.
Eileen

Greencastle, PA

#12 Feb 12, 2010
I feel so sorry for the victim. She gave this person a life and a home.
By the way, where is the story in the Public Opinion about the fatality accident on the Warm Spring Road last evening where a 35 yr. old woman was killed. It is on other news.
born here

United States

#15 Feb 12, 2010
You can't get anymore defenseless as sleeping in your own bed. My sympathies are with the family, I hope he spends the rest of his life in jail making new 'friends'.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#16 Feb 12, 2010
Death penalty should be on the table for this thing. I can't even call him a person, he beat his own mother to near death and then left her there. If he would do that to his mother (adopted or not she was still his mother), he wouldn't think twice to do it to just anyone.
I hope this woman's family and friends find some kind of peace through all of this senselessness.

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

#17 Feb 12, 2010
I'm at a loss at how a family comprehends the circumstances of her loss. How in the world does what's supposed to be the precious relationship between mother and son go so unspeakably wrong?
mommy dearest

Shippensburg, PA

#18 Feb 12, 2010
I'd like to know why all his rage was projected onto his Mother. There is a reason no matter how twisted it is. She took him in and raised him yes but that doesn'tt mean there wasn't severe dysfunction within their relationship.
Dean I disagree with your statement. You act as if Mother's are the dearest and nurturing of beings and the fact is mothers have the power to make or break a child. Not all mothers deserve respect.
I don't know this woman nor do I know what type of mother she was I am voicing another side. Noone deserves to be murdered.
Beth

Greencastle, PA

#19 Feb 12, 2010
Trail by jury of peers. Conviction of first-degree murder. Sentence: death by lethal injection.
Marcus is a sociopath. A sick animal. Put him down.
Alexia

Arlington, VA

#20 Feb 12, 2010
Yvette wrote:
I miss you too, Aunt Consie. I will always cherish all the talks we used to have from home improvements to football and our beloved Steelers, watching our Steelers play on the little TV in the kitchen while you fixed Sunday dinner or listening to it on the radio while we were at Jamals football games with the Cburg Steelers. You instantly became a part of our family and allowed us to become a part of yours and we will cherish every moment that we had with you. I love you, Aunt Consie. You ARE the best!!

“Not fallen”

WalMartBoro, PA

#21 Feb 12, 2010
mommy dearest wrote:
I'd like to know why all his rage was projected onto his Mother. There is a reason no matter how twisted it is. She took him in and raised him yes but that doesn'tt mean there wasn't severe dysfunction within their relationship.
Dean I disagree with your statement. You act as if Mother's are the dearest and nurturing of beings and the fact is mothers have the power to make or break a child. Not all mothers deserve respect.
I don't know this woman nor do I know what type of mother she was I am voicing another side. Noone deserves to be murdered.
This is exactly why people have no regard for human life anymore. There's always a vehicle in a scum bag lawyer that presents the alibi and protects the criminal. Why can't there be some things that are just wrong? Didn't it used to be that way?

Frankly, I hope the best defense he requires (and loses) will be that of his testicles when the news breaks of her death in the day room of the prison. Big bad inmates love their ma-mas.
mommy dearest

Shippensburg, PA

#22 Feb 12, 2010
BGSU wrote:
<quoted text>This is exactly why people have no regard for human life anymore. There's always a vehicle in a scum bag lawyer that presents the alibi and protects the criminal. Why can't there be some things that are just wrong? Didn't it used to be that way?
I don't underestimate what mommy's actions/non-actions can do to a person internally nor do I condone murder of another human being, no doubt he will pay for his actions.
You have to ask why or how one can be capable of doing this to their mother and once you begin psychoanalyzing the dynamics of their relationship you begin to understand a criminal mind.

“Not fallen”

WalMartBoro, PA

#23 Feb 12, 2010
Current weather tidbit & story:

With the heavy rains in Northern FL right now, I can't help but think of Weeki Wachee, FL. In 1979 a bunch of us piled up in an old station wagon and headed to FL for spring break. All my roommates that year were from Lima, OH. I don't think they had been anywhere but Bowling Green. They were one happnin' bunch--weekend suitcasers. The one roommate took it upon herself to plan out this whole trip (she lived for going home on weekends to work at KFC).

So we get on the road, share the driving and the trip goes alright. My 1st indication that this could not have been the best trip decision I ever made was what turned out to be the destination. Their idea of FL spring break was to literally cross the Georgia/Florida line. Vacation spot--Weeki Wachee, 1.0 square mi. with a population of 12.

Our accommodations were three tents provided by the KFC girl. The Lima girls' boyfriends were "in charge" of pitching these things and they pointed them downhill toward a pond of scum. The first night very heavy rains slid our tents right down the hill. I went and found the KOA "clubhouse" and bought a six-pack of beer. The one boyfriend who lived for the Mork and Mindy show asked me if I was going to drink "all that beer."

The next day we piled up in the old truck of the Mork & Mindy guy and headed for the beach. Great! The guy drove us around all day; we never stepped on sand. The next day, one other girl and I hung out at the KOA campground swimming pool. Twenty-six hours driving to sit at a pool in FL with with no excitement around. We both got so burnt, we had to walk around with wet, cold towels on our arms the whole next day. That's when we ended up back in the truck and somebody got the bright idea to stop at a tourist trap. One of the couples got separated in the event and fought and cried the whole way home to Weeki Wachee.

Shortly after that, we drove home. And I made up for it the next year in Miami & Daytona while they were probably at some KOA again with KFC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obituaries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obituary: Richard T. Lewis, 66, former resident Sep 21 Paul Karl 1
News William Pryor Evers -Wednesday, February 22, 2012 (Feb '12) Sep 21 Williams daughter 2
News Scott Leahy, 37, Avenel (Jul '07) Sep 21 bob 86
News Vigil Planned for St. Thomas Firefighter Murder... Sep 20 M-Lawson 1
News Child's suicide Sep 17 L O S T L A N G U... 1
News Voices: In bloody Chicago, teen died straddling... Sep 11 grounded in reali... 1
News Enedina Morquecho (Dec '12) Sep 11 Marih7 2
More from around the web