3 fatal weekend motorcycle accidents

3 fatal weekend motorcycle accidents

There are 11 comments on the WWMT-TV Kalamazoo story from Aug 2, 2010, titled 3 fatal weekend motorcycle accidents. In it, WWMT-TV Kalamazoo reports that:

Four people are dead after three separate motorcycle crashes in West Michigan. The first crash happened Saturday night on Bater Road in Batavia Township.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WWMT-TV Kalamazoo.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#1 Aug 2, 2010
Witnesses say 18-year-old Chelsea Clevenger from Litchfield turned in front of Charles Skutt Junior's bike.

Skutt crashed and both he and his passenger, Janean Skutt, died at the scene.

They are from Coldwater.

Deputies believe Clevenger may have been talking on her cell phone when the crash happened. They are still investigating.
REALLY

Collierville, TN

#2 Aug 3, 2010
Richard_ wrote:
Witnesses say 18-year-old Chelsea Clevenger from Litchfield turned in front of Charles Skutt Junior's bike.
Skutt crashed and both he and his passenger, Janean Skutt, died at the scene.

They are from Coldwater.

Deputies believe Clevenger may have been talking on her cell phone when the crash happened. They are still investigating.
Hahahahahaha, you people need to talk some more on your dang cell phones.
Dustin

Coldwater, MI

#3 Aug 6, 2010
Yea, real funny, Im sure the girls who lost both parents in one day are laughing.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#4 Aug 6, 2010
Dustin wrote:
Yea, real funny, Im sure the girls who lost both parents in one day are laughing.
Awwwwwwww, you sound like you're ticked that a drunk man in a pickup truck wasn't the killer, go have yourself a cookie.
Smithy

Reading, MI

#5 Aug 19, 2010
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Awwwwwwww, you sound like you're ticked that a drunk man in a pickup truck wasn't the killer, go have yourself a cookie.
This accident is not a "go have yourself a cookie" joke. A family has lost their parents, and a young promising girl, who made a horrible mistake, will have to live knowing she took away what the other family has to live without.

As a sidenote, I have seen many posts on this story on other news pages. Many people are quick to condemn, demonize, and chastise the young woman who killed the motorcyclists. The only difference between her and SO MANY other people who use their cell phone and drive is the simple fact that she was in an accident that day. I am not saying anyone should forget what happened. She will have consequences. However, there are many hypocrites out there who are looking down on her yet probably went out and talked to someone or texted on their cell phone as soon as they got in their car. We all should learn from this situation and not let these young parents' death or a newly troubled life of Chelsea's be in vain.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#6 Aug 19, 2010
Smithy wrote:
<quoted text>
This accident...
"Accident"? Hahahaha, killing people is an "accident"? Nope, it's not an accident, it's negligent homicide, dude.
Smithey

Reading, MI

#7 Aug 21, 2010
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>"Accident"? Hahahaha, killing people is an "accident"? Nope, it's not an accident, it's negligent homicide, dude.
And yet... you're stilling laughing "hahahahah".

Yes, that will more than likely be the charge.. or vehicular homicide.. or involuntary manslaughter.

There is a distinction, however. While Chelsea's actions (which she chose to do with her own free will, I agree) directly led to these people being killed, she did not intentionally kill them. She did not leave her home that morning and say, "I'm going to go kill 2 beautiful people today. Yep, that's what I'm going to do." If that were the case, she'd be charged with open murder, and I doubt that will happen. I wish she would have thought about what her actions on the phone could (and did) lead to before she left her house. I bet she also wishes she had thought about that, too.

And I say again, many who ridicule her for this horrible event are hypocrites as they probably have texted/called with their phones while driving, too. The ONLY difference between her and them is what happened that day. A big difference, yes. But I think those people need to take a good hard look at what they continue to do and change their behavior.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#8 Aug 21, 2010
Smithey wrote:
There is a distinction, however. While Chelsea's actions (which she chose to do with her own free will, I agree) directly led to these people being killed, she did not intentionally kill them.
Wrong, Bucko. The intent occurred when she, by her own free will, ignored her duty as a driver to remain alert and attentive to her driving.

750.324 Negligent homicide; penalty.

Sec. 324.

Any person who, by the operation of any vehicle upon any highway or upon any other property, public or private, at an immoderate rate of speed or in a CARELESS, reckless or negligent manner, but not wilfully or wantonly, shall cause the death of another, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison not more than 2 years or by a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

History: 1931, Act 328, Eff. Sept. 18, 1931 ;-- Am. 1947, Act 162, Eff. Oct. 11, 1947 ;-- CL 1948, 750.324 ;-- Am. 1965, Act 38, Eff. Mar. 31, 1966
Just someone who cares

Plymouth, MN

#9 Aug 31, 2010
The whole situation is tragic. A family loses a mother and father, and a young girl loses her future. I am sure this poor girl will have nightmares for many years to come. Any who laugh and any who wish her ill are sadly lacking in any form of compassion for another human being. the circumstances are the worst. She will live with this forever the childern will live without their parents forever. It is no laughing matter. I think her life has been ruined enough to put a young girl in jail/prison will surley finish ruining her life. It was an accident, one that will scar her more than anyone can imagine.
Jake

East Lansing, MI

#10 Dec 12, 2010
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>"Accident"? Hahahaha, killing people is an "accident"? Nope, it's not an accident, it's negligent homicide, dude.
hey i graduated with her and it was accidental she had a promising future and mad a mistake just wait till you mess up in your life and people do this to you

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#11 Dec 13, 2010
Jake wrote:
<quoted text> hey i graduated with her and it was accidental she had a promising future and mad a mistake just wait till you mess up in your life and people do this to you
I hear a whahahahahambulance?

She still has a promising future as the message bearer of what happens when you kill people in a negligent car crash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Obituaries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Felony arrest - Lisa M. Hunsdon, 22, Ticonderoga (Feb '09) Mon Crackho 42
News Man who died after struggle with Fontana police... (Jul '10) May 14 Adelio servellon_Son 85
News James (Jim) Richard Ramsdell May 13 Nanay 1
News Doris Nelson (Feb '08) May 7 OldMail 3
News Don L. Clutter 1946 - 2011 (Dec '11) May 6 mikefarnsworth 3
News Richard (Dick) G. Mason May 6 richard s wallace 1
News Obituaries received today (Oct '11) May 3 jsm 4