Stranger than Fiction: Volcanic Erupt...

Stranger than Fiction: Volcanic Eruption Creates Deadly Acid Lake

There are 1 comment on the Live Science story from Oct 14, 2013, titled Stranger than Fiction: Volcanic Eruption Creates Deadly Acid Lake. In it, Live Science reports that:

Grandma's death by acid is a highlight of the 1997 camp classic "Dante's Peak." The disaster epic chronicles the race to save a small town from a deadly volcanic eruption.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Live Science.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Oct 16, 2013
Nice pics.

I hear a lot about Karymsky (or at least did) via the Smithsonian's global volcanism network website.

I did't get to see a lot of the pics though. Seems @ resent that Karymsky is relatively quiet having squeezed in the bulk of the long magma filled fracture from the driver of the Karymsky & Akademia nauk eruption.
This fracture was unusual in tapping the magma chambers of BOTH volcanoes having popped up to the surface between them after hitting the arc graben wall.

have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spirits are high as forest fire evacuees come t... 13 min Prez of the Rez 23
News San Jose warns residents about illegal fireworks (Jul '12) 5 hr GFYS 14
News Drought cuts size of Canada's cattle herds 9 hr Gourd Steaves Wife 2
News Urban League releases report on New Orleans sin... Sun Oh No You Di-nt 1
News 170 acres burned near Black Butte Lake Sun Here Is One 1
News Washington's wildfire season gets off to an ear... Sun fatbacksx 1
News You Haven't Left The Building But Your Brain's ... Sun Sam 1
More from around the web