Floods force thousands to evacuate in...

Floods force thousands to evacuate in Germany

There are 2 comments on the Bellingham Herald story from Jun 9, 2013, titled Floods force thousands to evacuate in Germany. In it, Bellingham Herald reports that:

At least 21 flood-related deaths have been reported in central Europe, as rivers such as the Danube, the Elbe and the Vlatava have overflowed after a week of heavy rains and caused extensive damage in central and southern Germany, the Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bellingham Herald.

ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#1 Jun 9, 2013
can nearby countries that are not affected go to their aid offering any kind of help? thank God the majority which is in the thousands were quickly evacuated. The rivers are major rivers and need the help of other countries to rebuild breached levies. Lets see what kind of help WE SEND, I really think if our own still are awaiting their repairs from the latest storms we've had there's little hope "o" would bother himself with these countries who would greatly appreciate ANY TYPE OF HELP. Golf comes first. Pathetic but true, when a disaster happens here in our country his response comes weeks later, which shows where his heart is.
rfirma1

Burbank, CA

#2 Jun 10, 2013
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
can nearby countries that are not affected go to their aid offering any kind of help? thank God the majority which is in the thousands were quickly evacuated. The rivers are major rivers and need the help of other countries to rebuild breached levies. Lets see what kind of help WE SEND, I really think if our own still are awaiting their repairs from the latest storms we've had there's little hope "o" would bother himself with these countries who would greatly appreciate ANY TYPE OF HELP. Golf comes first. Pathetic but true, when a disaster happens here in our country his response comes weeks later, which shows where his heart is.
well, i'm no fan of the current u.s. president, however i seriously doubt there is much "o" can do at this point. europe and, in this case specifically, germany better hope their citizens have good insurance policies....20-30 years ago when we (the u.s.) had a larger military presence in europe we might have been able to assist....but in these days of budget cuts and the europeans wanting to free themselves of the american presence they will just have to get by on their own resources.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Radio amateurs make history in B.C. disaster dr... 2 hr dutch supporter 2
News Central New Zealand shaken by 4.7 magnitude ear... 2 hr dutch supporter 1
News Life-saving decision on flood swollen river (Dec '15) 2 hr THE COMEDIAN 3
News Global warming made Paris floods far more likel... 3 hr Earthling-1 90
News Cooling centres in Halton Hills open to residents 10 hr Sophistry 5
News Ottawa region entering 'moderate' drought condi... 11 hr Natural Disasters... 1
News 80 homes burned, 1,500 threatened in 'extremely... 17 hr tamikoholling 1
More from around the web