Commission chairman warns no snow runoff

Commission chairman warns no snow runoff

There are 2 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Feb 27, 2014, titled Commission chairman warns no snow runoff. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

The prospect for snowmelt this year is grim and that means springs may dry up and rivers may slow to a trickle, and in some places, disappear, Lincoln County Commission Chairman Jackie Powell warned county residents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

Since: Jul 11

Ruidoso NM

#1 Feb 27, 2014
This article is pretty alarming.
I had no idea that in January, the Rio Ruidoso was dry from Glencoe east for six miles. That certainly doesn't bode well as a dry spring is predicted and we are in what is considered the most severe drought area of NM.

“ My body is your temple”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#2 Feb 27, 2014
So glad I got my money out of that hellhole. When the river runs dry, the Corruption will end. Only because those shitburgers will move on, leaving the town they pillaged.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming made Paris floods far more likel... 2 hr IB DaMann 92
News 80 homes burned, 1,500 threatened in 'extremely... 7 hr Blackbutler 2
News Radio amateurs make history in B.C. disaster dr... 10 hr dutch supporter 2
News Central New Zealand shaken by 4.7 magnitude ear... 10 hr dutch supporter 1
News Life-saving decision on flood swollen river (Dec '15) 10 hr THE COMEDIAN 3
News Cooling centres in Halton Hills open to residents 18 hr Sophistry 5
News Ottawa region entering 'moderate' drought condi... 19 hr Natural Disasters... 1
More from around the web