Arkansas SWAT officers kill man, 107, in standoff

Sep 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KCAU

Diana Nyad's 110-mile swim from Cuba to Florida has generated positive publicity and adoration for the 64-year-old endurance athlete - along with skepticism from some members of the small community of marathon swimmers... Police in the southeast Arkansas city of Pine Bluff say a 107-year-old man is dead after SWAT officers shot back at him during a ... (more)

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Slambo

El Prado, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Really? It takes a SWAT team shootout to take down a 107 year old man?

Only in hillbilly land.
Jim

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

What a bunch of worthless scum bag swat officers.
Just like the columbine swat team who cowered while kids bled to death.
Professor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Racial Murder committed by the police is gaining popularity in this country but that does not make it right.

Any officer that cannot disarm a 100 plus year old invalid sitting in his bed is not really a police officer but a piece of shit.

Where is the old mans family on this? Have they sought any payback yet?

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Professor wrote:
Where is the old mans family on this? Have they sought any payback yet?
Payback for what? Shoot at the cops, you get killed. The cops should have this guy's next of kin reimburse their department for their time, with the family's deepest apologies for this dirtbag putting officers in harms way.
Litagator

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Payback for what? Shoot at the cops, you get killed. The cops should have this guy's next of kin reimburse their department for their time, with the family's deepest apologies for this dirtbag putting officers in harms way.
Not being from Arkansas, and only driving through once, I am not sure. But round here, you kill someones Grandfather for no reason as these animals did. Then there is a good chance the family will feel there is a score to settle.

But really what difference does it make. If some family member gets them or after the trial the inmates get them in prison. See inmates love police officers the best. Either way, the police must stop killing people. We the decent people, and yes, the same ones that kicked their asses in school, are not going to allow it. We will see that charges are brought on these animals and the do serious time. A sentence in the 100 plus years range. Sure they will not have to do it, because after a few cell parties with their new friends, some nut case prisoner will do them in. Happens every time as I understand it.

Send them down with a couple tube of Preparation H and a big jar of vaseline. I think these boys are going to need it.
Litagator

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Slambo wrote:
Really? It takes a SWAT team shootout to take down a 107 year old man?
Only in hillbilly land.

Arkansas is not hillbilly land. Just a plain old sewer, complete with sewer rats.
execute_them

Succasunna, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Those police are complete murdering scumbags, time to get revenge.
execute_them

Succasunna, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Payback for what? Shoot at the cops, you get killed. The cops should have this guy's next of kin reimburse their department for their time, with the family's deepest apologies for this dirtbag putting officers in harms way.
You friggin brown nose dic. How dare you, you need to disappear. Get wacked.......... They murdered an old guy friggin 107 years old. Nothing better to do? F.U. piece of sh&*
Summer

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 9, 2013
 
I think you don't fully understand that this man was SHOOTING at POLICE.

If you think ANYONE can shoot at police and not get shot, you are ridiculous.

You think a 107 year old man can't kill someone? You are wrong.

You think when he was shooting at officers and he killed one that his family would be ok because he was "107".

Age is just a number, and everyone is accountable for what they do.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Litagator wrote:
But round here, you kill someones Grandfather for no reason as these animals did..
This was as far as I needed to read to discover that you're a nut. If you'd do a little research, instead of only hearing what you want to hear about this story, you'd understand that the cops were right, and this old duffer was wrong. If you threaten people with a gun, then shoot at the cops when they come to talk to you about it, you're going to wind up dead whether you're 27 or 107 years old.

Great job police! One more dirtbag in the ground.
Litagator

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Summer wrote:
I think you don't fully understand that this man was SHOOTING at POLICE.
If you think ANYONE can shoot at police and not get shot, you are ridiculous.
You think a 107 year old man can't kill someone? You are wrong.
You think when he was shooting at officers and he killed one that his family would be ok because he was "107".
Age is just a number, and everyone is accountable for what they do.
If you are sitting in your bed, and someone you do not know enters your house, and tosses gas in on you. You would not shoot?

The solution here should have been simple.

You have a camera in the room.(So you can watch the old man.)

There's no one in the house but the old man.(As in no one is in danger.)

The subject is 107 years old. How long could he stay awake in a standoff? I'll bet he does not remain awake more than 4 hours at a time. Or gas him to sleep.

The police in their zeal to do whatever caused this incident. They should have to pay.
Summer

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 9, 2013
 
Litagator wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are sitting in your bed, and someone you do not know enters your house, and tosses gas in on you. You would not shoot?
The solution here should have been simple.
You have a camera in the room.(So you can watch the old man.)
There's no one in the house but the old man.(As in no one is in danger.)
The subject is 107 years old. How long could he stay awake in a standoff? I'll bet he does not remain awake more than 4 hours at a time. Or gas him to sleep.
The police in their zeal to do whatever caused this incident. They should have to pay.
If that was the case, I would agree.

They didn't call SWAT for no reason.

They shot at police, and swat came in. Even the news said 45 minutes after the call SWAT came. So in 45 minutes he had plenty of time to surrender, to apologize, or go to "sleep" as you all say. He did none of the above but wait for more action.

He fired at swat and they threw gas in to hopefully distract him. He fired again when they were coming in, and they fired back.

I'm sorry if you think the outcome would be any different.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 11, 2013
 
Litagator wrote:
The police in their zeal to do whatever caused this incident. They should have to pay.
Wrong. This old duffer, dirtbag "caused this incident". And contrary to you're opinion, the cops won't have to pay squat. Oh I'm sure this dirtbag's family will sue the department in civil court as all families of deceased criminals always do, to try to make some money from this incident.

Great job police. Good guys=1 Bad guy=0
concerned citizen

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 11, 2013
 
Before everybody start argueing over who is right & wrong, listen to the care takers, family, friends & nuns speaking to the public meeting about this man then u will ask yourself, the same question the citzens who lives there..the question why. Im asking this myself becuz the man was blind, deaf, Confused,frail, scared & thought he was getting broke into by the lady who called 911 in the first place. In the confused state vunerable position they also placed the old man in becuz nobody explained to them his true condition & circumstances went in shooting..i see fault in soo many directions & a scared old man standing his ground. just saying get the facts first, not all social & news media is factual. they thrive on entertainment & ratings. sometimes the truth dont come out until its too late..just like what happened to many victims who died by the hands of others. voilence plus voilence doesnt equal justice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••