Federal report: Warming is disrupting...

Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs

There are 1084 comments on the Cape Breton Post story from May 6, 2014, titled Federal report: Warming is disrupting America with weird weather, rising pollen, more costs. In it, Cape Breton Post reports that:

Global warming is rapidly turning America into a stormy and dangerous place, with rising seas and disasters costing citizens from flood-stricken Florida to the wildfire-ravaged West, according to a new U.S. federal scientific report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cape Breton Post.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#568 May 15, 2014
http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/05/climat...

barry better hope for global warming next winter. if we have a heating oil shortage due to his power grab.....it will be hell to pay for the empty suit.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#569 May 15, 2014
Christsharians on the DL wrote:
<quoted text>
You slipped up again.
You don't think greenhouse gases are a problem, supposedly.
Then why are you asking about reducing China's emissions? You don't think emissions are a problem.(You say that you don't think emissions are a problem, anyway.)
Of course you and all the other cherry picking, lying, disingenuous, uneducated deniers know perfectly well there is a greenhouse effect and how it works and that it's a problem to some degree or other.
Your frequent slip ups reveal this.
And you failed to address how slow the ice ages and warmings you referenced were. They took thousands of years. The current, human mediated changes are going much, much faster. This is why your ruse about, "the earth has always warmed and cooled" is nonsesical.
I don't have all the answers, I don't pretend to know everything. But I do like to discuss things and I am skeptical of the climate doom zealots.
Like, Mt. St. Helens didn't cause much cooling, probably because it exploded sideways and less ash was carried high up, but it did spew suphur and CO2 into the air. What is the overall effect of that? How does natural methane releases from the ocean and other sources contribute? I think methane is a more potent greenhouse gas, right? Is there even an appreciable temperature increase globally? Is it within the measurement data error? Old thermometers don't read to fractions of a degree and instruments pretty can range pretty wide from each other, even when calibrated. Then we have the "adjusted data" with the loss of the original data debacle. Past warming and cooling events happened over long periods, with some spikes and drops along the way. Who knows, are we on track? For a while, scientist made their best guesses and said we were cooling, then they said warming, now the hypothesis is that climate is changing. Ok, that is a safe bet, it does not stay static. What was the earth like when all the fossil fuels were being grown? Was it warm and balmy and nice? Will the "extra" CO2 free in the air, that was just stored up, be soaked up by lots of new plant growth?
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#570 May 15, 2014
Naughtyrobot wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have all the answers, I don't pretend to know everything.
No, you pretend that you know climate change is not human mediated and is not a problem.

You have stated that and other nonsense directly.

Now you're dissembling badly about having so stated.

You don't know anything. You're not a skeptic. You're an ideologue. Oh, and a bigot.
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#571 May 15, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you aren't qualified to make that statement
We know biologists are not qualified to be climate scientists. Educated people know that Creationists are not qualified scientists. They are "religious" people pretending to be involved in science.

That's just the first guy on the partial list. And he's a member of what I consider to be an xstain cult to boot, 7th Day. What a great authority he is! A veritable poster child.

Not even the protestant fundies will put up with his "religious" beliefs, and that's when you know you're pretty far gone.
Mechanic

Marthaville, LA

#572 May 15, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how old the earth is.
I do know that liberal junk scientists have turned global warming into a racket.
Well,, at least when the Polar ice caps melt my great grandchildren won't have to drive so far to get to the beach! That will help reduce their carbon foot print.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#573 May 15, 2014
Mechanic 'i' like your way of thinking.

Naughtyrobot said; "I don't have all the answers, I don't pretend to know everything. But I do like to discuss things and I am skeptical of the climate doom zealots."
To explain that 'i' say: "Money Matters" -&- each is going to find their way of getting it.
Oil to reduce the need for coal
Natural gas to reduce the need for oil
Coal to provide the heat and electricity we need to survive
Obama to kiss asses for the democratic party contributions
XL pipeline to benefit the nation, the people, and Canada which 'we' need
to get access to their water.

6 tenths of one-percent in the last ten years hasn't got me worried. CO2
What about you?

Spirit67_

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#574 May 15, 2014
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Mechanic 'i' like your way of thinking.
Naughtyrobot said; "I don't have all the answers, I don't pretend to know everything. But I do like to discuss things and I am skeptical of the climate doom zealots."
To explain that 'i' say: "Money Matters" -&- each is going to find their way of getting it.
Oil to reduce the need for coal
Natural gas to reduce the need for oil
Coal to provide the heat and electricity we need to survive
Obama to kiss asses for the democratic party contributions
XL pipeline to benefit the nation, the people, and Canada which 'we' need
to get access to their water.
6 tenths of one-percent in the last ten years hasn't got me worried. CO2
What about you?
I usually hold my nose when I'm around 'CO2'!
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#575 May 15, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You tee baggrz can't even get that right. The lame joke would be about methane. co2 is odorless.

Conservatives don't know the first thing about the subjects they hold dear, they never will, and they don't want to.
Manny Toba

Huntington, NY

#576 May 15, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do the same around Marley!!!

What a coinkadinck!!!!!

Spirit67_

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#577 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
You tee baggrz can't even get that right. The lame joke would be about methane. co2 is odorless.
Conservatives don't know the first thing about the subjects they hold dear, they never will, and they don't want to.
I am not a 'tea bagger'.....however, I do brew tea! And I do hold my nose during dangerous 'gasses'!
Take your meds

United States

#578 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Settle down little fella. Take some deep breaths and come back down to planet Earth.
Mechanic

Marthaville, LA

#579 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Methane actually has no smell. It is a colorless and odorless.
Now if you have a little H2s mixed in with the human produced methane then it starts getting serious.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#580 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
We know biologists are not qualified to be climate scientists. Educated people know that Creationists are not qualified scientists. They are "religious" people pretending to be involved in science.
That's just the first guy on the partial list. And he's a member of what I consider to be an xstain cult to boot, 7th Day. What a great authority he is! A veritable poster child.
Not even the protestant fundies will put up with his "religious" beliefs, and that's when you know you're pretty far gone.
we're aware you don't know anything about the subject. that's why you keep bringing up fundamentalists, son.

can you say why you so religiously believe in co2 mitigation which has never been scientifically tested? of course you can't! you're just an indoctrinated sheep who believes what you're told.

read....learn....and think for yourself. are you too lazy to do that, son?

btw.....if you're going to disqualify someone from your 'partial list', why are you afraid to provide the name of the signee?

you make up more shyt than mann, man!

lol

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#581 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
are you claiming that methane isn't an odorless gas, son??

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#582 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
You tee baggrz can't even get that right.
pretty revealing that almost every post you make refers to 'tee baggers'!

is that because your beliefs are guided by politics instead of the scientific method, son?

that would sure explain a lot about your weird and unscientific comments.
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#583 May 15, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>why you keep bringing up fundamentalists, son....can you say why you so religiously believe in co2 mitigation which has never been scientifically tested
I keep bringing up fundamentalists and tee baggrz because they hold a constellation of views like climate change denial, earth under 10000 years old, guns make homes safer, vaccines more dangerous than the diseases they protect against, Birtherism, Creationism which all share the same anti rationality. They aren't exactly bright people, I mean, apart from their feral attachment to ideology over basic information.

You're confused again with your made up mitigation claim. No one disputes the effect of greenhouse gases. There's no controversy about what less or more greenhouse gases in the atmosphere means. Mitigation would have an effect, just as increased emissions do.(There are some kooks who are trying to claim that these greenhouse effects are not very serious. That's different.)
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#584 May 15, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>are you claiming that methane isn't an odorless gas, son??
Then you're saying the remark about co2 and holding one's nose made sense? It didn't.

The methane which gets released into the air does smell. Its sources are not emitting pure gases, but that would get us into a discussion of meat production, and we know anti rational fundies and tee baggrz can't and won't be rational about those well known facts.
You failed chemistry

United States

#585 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Then you're saying the remark about co2 and holding one's nose made sense? It didn't.
The methane which gets released into the air does smell. Its sources are not emitting pure gases, but that would get us into a discussion of meat production, and we know anti rational fundies and tee baggrz can't and won't be rational about those well known facts.
No.... All methane is odorless. So is Propane, butane, and other gaseous hydrocarbons. It's the Sulfur compounds added to gas supplies that you smell. It is the sulfur dioxide and hydrogen sulfide in bio-gas sources that you smell. Methane is one single compound and it is odorless.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#586 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
I keep bringing up fundamentalists and tee baggrz because they hold a constellation of views like climate change denial, earth under 10000 years old, guns make homes safer, vaccines more dangerous than the diseases they protect against, Birtherism, Creationism which all share the same anti rationality. They aren't exactly bright people, I mean, apart from their feral attachment to ideology over basic information.
You're confused again with your made up mitigation claim. No one disputes the effect of greenhouse gases. There's no controversy about what less or more greenhouse gases in the atmosphere means. Mitigation would have an effect, just as increased emissions do.(There are some kooks who are trying to claim that these greenhouse effects are not very serious. That's different.)
co2 has an amplifying effect, but lags temperature. don't sweat it! a warmer climate has benefits, too, even if the hoax was true.
You failed chemistry

United States

#587 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
You keep bringing up Fundementalist because you are anon-christian fundamentalist who uses them as a strawman argument for everything your biplolar little mind sees as opposition to any view you have. Anyone and everyone who doesn't prescribe to your crybaby ramblings of big government and legislated ass-kissing is a bigot, fundamentalist, racist, or homophobe. You have weak arguments to support your extremist views and use these sad little crutches to validate yourself. Grow a damn backbone and stop throwing temper-tantrums everytime someone doesn't worship the ground you walk on or doesn't give you your way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lewis Sheriffa s Department, Lowville PD quietl... 6 hr The REBEL 14
News Autism, mercury, aluminum and vaccine-induced e... Sun UNAVOIDABLY UNSAFE 1
News Mammoth Lakes area hit by swarm of hundreds of ... Sat Sad but True 8
News The Latest: Thousands flee Southern California ... Dec 7 Martha 3
News Hurricane Irma Recovery Fails Miami's African-A... Dec 7 ADAM THE MACHO LI... 25
News Condom dispute highlights dangers of HIV among ... Dec 6 Bernhard Goetz 1
News Earthquake occurs in Lake Erie Dec 5 Porcelain throne 4
More from around the web