Syphilis cases on the rise in McKeesport

Syphilis cases on the rise in McKeesport

There are 4 comments on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette story from Jul 17, 2008, titled Syphilis cases on the rise in McKeesport. In it, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that:

The Allegheny County Health Department has reported an unusually high number of syphilis cases in McKeesport, with 12 cases recorded in 2007 and 11 already documented for the first half of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Syd

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jul 17, 2008
Great.... Like there isn't enough CRAP floatin around the City. Makes me alittle paranoid to even run into Giant Eagle for something. Definately, no reason to pick a Bucket of chicken for a quick dinner, either. The only thought that comes to minds is, "OOooooHhh" I know how it is contracted, but still it is an uneasy feeling. It is a true shame.
Just think, the infected, probably have kids, cause, the more kids have, the more money you recieve. So, these kids are in school with our kids. Hits a little to close to home, when you think of it that way. Heart Breaking....
neighbor 57

Uniontown, PA

#2 Jul 18, 2008
A crack down on prostitution is a good thought! How about sting operations. Some people probably know that they have it and just don't give a hoot if they pass it on to someone else. It's a very scary thought about the children, especially teenagers because most of them are sexually active. It only takes 1 person to spread it, so I hope that the health department can get a good grip on it. And for those of you who cheat on your spouses, let this be a good lesson to you!
JRM28

Elizabeth, PA

#3 Jul 21, 2008
1 out of every 5 teen girl has/had an STD. EDUCATION!!!!!!!!!!
Good Idea

Tempe, AZ

#4 Oct 7, 2013
Wow. Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Record rain brings river flooding; several Amis... (Mar '11) 3 hr ??? 4
News Did A Tornado Touch Down In West Liberty? (Mar '12) 17 hr Messenger 69
News Magnitude 6.5 Quake Strikes Off Coast Of Japan'... 23 hr Ainu 8
News La. senator defends 'hostage' comment about Fli... Sun Desirezzzz4251 2
News Looking back at the 1983 flood that sent a rive... Sat Lydia 2
News Fox Lake hit hard by thunderstorm Sep 23 Mr Earl 1
News Surviving Ebola -- Franklin Graham's Gripping D... Sep 23 Bob 1
More from around the web