Typhoon smashes into Philippines

Dec 3, 2012 Full story: Suria 13

Typhoon Bopha smashed into the southern Philippines early Tuesday as more than 40,000 people crammed into shelters to escape the onslaught of the strongest cyclone to hit the country this year.

Full Story
Edward

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#1 Dec 3, 2012
Any news from Cagayan de Oro? I'm praying for all of you!

Since: Apr 09

Olongapo City, Philippines

#2 Dec 4, 2012
Edward wrote:
Any news from Cagayan de Oro? I'm praying for all of you!
Seems no news is coming out of that area which is not a good sign. Could just be a power outage but I know there are no live news feeds and that is not a good sign. Normally news people will get right in the middle of it to report.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#3 Dec 4, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems no news is coming out of that area which is not a good sign. Could just be a power outage but I know there are no live news feeds and that is not a good sign. Normally news people will get right in the middle of it to report.
ive had the news on for a few hours , but its not too concerned as of now.

the rest of the channels are biz as usual.
Edward

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4 Dec 4, 2012
A huge storm is passing through after Sendong and it isn't all over the news in the Philippines? Crazy...
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#5 Dec 4, 2012
Edward wrote:
A huge storm is passing through after Sendong and it isn't all over the news in the Philippines? Crazy...
for now its all forcasts of where it is headed. not where it is or has been.

i saw one broadcast that said 8 dead and showed rescue boats headed out to a bridge where people were waiting.

on camera was a guy out in a boat gathering coconuts floating by.:)

hey.. free coconuts.

#6 Dec 4, 2012
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
ive had the news on for a few hours , but its not too concerned as of now.
the rest of the channels are biz as usual.
If the world suddenly ended and aliens came to the Philippines they would think our extinction had something to do with "Eat Bulaga".
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#7 Dec 5, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
If the world suddenly ended and aliens came to the Philippines they would think our extinction had something to do with "Eat Bulaga".
miss kris and vice ganda would still be there to greet them.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#8 Dec 5, 2012
Edward wrote:
Use the internet for news in the Philippines. Just google and type Philippine news and you can get the latest current news about the typhoon in all cities. Don't depend on cable or radio news..The best, Philippines Daily Inquirer news...
shisssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssss...
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#9 Dec 5, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, so you love eat bulaga?? The reason why you returned ASAP from Thailand. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...

#10 Dec 5, 2012
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, so you love eat bulaga?? The reason why you returned ASAP from Thailand. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...
Yes that's the reason, found me out.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#11 Dec 5, 2012
Don the American wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that's the reason, found me out.
hey don... catch that wil big time show if you get a chance.

wil is having spelling contests and giving out cash if you can spell the word?

hahahahahahahahaha omfg!!!!!!!!!

its really worth the time to watch.

wil is on the move these days and ending the show to produce his own show i think plus developing his own island resort.

i actually like this guy. he is a smart one and his spelling contests are done im sure to show just how badly the people are educated here or not educated at all.

he picked out a cop and asked him to spell graft... hahahahah

couldnt do it... amazing....
Lol

San Francisco, CA

#12 Dec 6, 2012
amc wrote:
<quoted text>
hey don... catch that wil big time show if you get a chance.
wil is having spelling contests and giving out cash if you can spell the word?
hahahahahahahahaha omfg!!!!!!!!!
its really worth the time to watch.
wil is on the move these days and ending the show to produce his own show i think plus developing his own island resort.
i actually like this guy. he is a smart one and his spelling contests are done im sure to show just how badly the people are educated here or not educated at all.
he picked out a cop and asked him to spell graft... hahahahah
couldnt do it... amazing....
So what if people fail to spell correctly whatever words asked for them to spell. They're not applying or competing for anything, but only for the publicity stint of your favorite TV personality WIL..(worth your time, sure)...

Hello, don't be too hard on yourself and make fun of the people. So you mean to say that John Edwards who ran for VP in the USA is badly educated for misspelling "tomato"" Come on, don't be a hypocrite at the expense of the Filipino people.
amc

San Juan, Philippines

#14 Dec 6, 2012
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
So what if people fail to spell correctly whatever words asked for them to spell. They're not applying or competing for anything, but only for the publicity stint of your favorite TV personality WIL..(worth your time, sure)...
Hello, don't be too hard on yourself and make fun of the people. So you mean to say that John Edwards who ran for VP in the USA is badly educated for misspelling "tomato"" Come on, don't be a hypocrite at the expense of the Filipino people.
excuses excuses excuses excuses. its a good new name for the filipins dont you think?

they are competing for 5000p you dimwit.

i dont suffer from it. its something funny to look forward to everyday.
dont kick on me. its your bro wil who is showing how ignorant you are.

spell dog.... uhhhhhhh uhhhhhhhh uhhhh d? uhhhhhh uhhhh a? hahahahahahahahahahahaha

o? uhhhuhhhhuhhhh c?

good that you have spell checker huh LOL? still doesnt help you write proper sentences though does it? hahaahahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebola commentary desperately needs clarification 34 min Even Steven 44
Let's have a balanced plan for producing the el... 1 hr IBdaMann 15
Paris sculpture removed after vandals strike 3 hr Sir Andrew 10
Ebola: Africa's image takes a hit 3 hr Smack Down 5
Cuba to host ALBA summit on Ebola 9 hr John Grimbaldsun 6
Gay-rights group backs use of HIV-prevention pill 10 hr Smack Down 23
5 worst problems faced by Las Vegas 11 hr creditrepairlasvegas 1

Natural Disasters People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE