International Feature: Volcanic Plume...

International Feature: Volcanic Plumes Tower over Mount Etna

There are 1 comment on the U.S. Air Quality story from Nov 8, 2013, titled International Feature: Volcanic Plumes Tower over Mount Etna. In it, U.S. Air Quality reports that:

Twin volcanic plumes--one of ash, one of gas--rose from Sicily' Mount Etna on the morning of October 26, 2013.L'Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia Osservatorio Etneo reported that Etna was experiencing its first paroxysm in six months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at U.S. Air Quality.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Nov 11, 2013
Nice pics.

The NE crater ash was mentioned in the report from the now up & running smithsonian institution GVP website.

Currently no report on the type of ash from the NE crater plume (may have been phreatic or a deep degassing jet through a narrow bore hole,(a thin section view of the shards would provid the answer).

New SE crater now looks rather large (especially in the pic), no idea of the current height of the SE crater cone.

Weather @ the time was excellent...

Have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Korea cancels annual beer festival, tour ... Tue Palin s Turkey Th... 3
News Gay men can now donate blood three months after... Mon Darby 4
News Mammoth Lakes area hit by swarm of hundreds of ... Jul 23 No Holds Barred 4
News Flooding on Bayview Avenue, near Pottery Road, ... Jul 23 Solar 1
News Whittier Fire: Friday, July 28 Update Jul 22 None 1
News #abq4ward: Amid growing crime epidemic, KOB new... Jul 22 Frmr-fmer505-1951 6
News Get ready for our next heat wave Jul 22 America Gentleman... 3
More from around the web