Gays Blamed for History's Biggest Nat...

Gays Blamed for History's Biggest Natural Disaster - Noah's Flood

There are 80 comments on the www.advocate.com story from Jan 10, 2013, titled Gays Blamed for History's Biggest Natural Disaster - Noah's Flood. In it, www.advocate.com reports that:

By pastor Scott Lively's history of the world, wedding songs at gay marriage ceremonies caused the great flood that had Noah escaping in the ark.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.advocate.com.

straight shooter

Barre, VT

#57 Jan 11, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>It get's even better.
Consider the following. The religious fundies of Abstinence only programs tell teens anal sex between a boy and girl isn't sex and a good way to avoid pregnancy. But it IS sex if two boys do it.
And there is a camp in VA that says stroking horses will cure gay men of their homosexuality. Which doesn't explain the popularity of the IGRA – International Gay Rodeo Association!
Our nation has been raising a few generations of Homer Simpsons and telling them they are succesful.
its exactly like how if you have homosexual sex one time, you are not necessarily gay...
mere word games...

and BTW, your assessment of what they are taught is WAY OFF base...
sex must have the potential to be life giving is the rule....
anal sex, as you know, does not meet their definition...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#58 Jan 11, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys use stereotypes and then play up your own stereotype and then get mad when anyone suggests there is a gay stereotype...
And people say we have no similarities to blacks.

Go figure.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#59 Jan 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
They are ours to use as comedy.
You can't.
J8st like ther black community, Rednecks, Hillbillies, Hispanics, Jews, etc.....

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#61 Jan 11, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
its exactly like how if you have homosexual sex one time, you are not necessarily gay...
mere word games...
and BTW, your assessment of what they are taught is WAY OFF base...
sex must have the potential to be life giving is the rule....
anal sex, as you know, does not meet their definition...
An excellent clarification. My thanks.

Like I've been saying for over a year now, I'm really getting sick of fundies re-defining my parents, sisters and brothr's marriage. They were married. They were not signing a legal contact for a puppy mill.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#62 Jan 11, 2013
oops
"brother's"
"contract"
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#63 Jan 11, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange, thought you Fa$$ots didn't believe in God,
you're thinking too hard
Your heads will explode

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#64 Jan 11, 2013
Everyone knows the K-T boundary event was caused when two male T. Rex's had sex with one another.
straight shooter

Barre, VT

#65 Jan 11, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>And people say we have no similarities to blacks.
Go figure.
wow, you share that you have stereotyopes like them?
like whites, irish, women, people with glasses... fat people...

yup, you guys have as much in common as a fat chick and a dude in glasses....
straight shooter

Barre, VT

#66 Jan 11, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>J8st like ther black community, Rednecks, Hillbillies, Hispanics, Jews, etc.....
so anyone but white straight christian men...right?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#67 Jan 11, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
you're thinking too hard
Your heads will explode
I hope you won't mind my correcting you again today, but zits don't explode they ooze, harden or pop.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#68 Jan 11, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
so anyone but white straight christian men...right?
no I include you as well.

Your sense of entitlement is showing, Homer.

D'OH!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#69 Jan 11, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, you share that you have stereotyopes like them?
like whites, irish, women, people with glasses... fat people...
yup, you guys have as much in common as a fat chick and a dude in glasses....
you'd be the expert on that one not me.

Born gay. Not born a bigot. Raised to be heterosexual. Became a man with a mind and a sense of honesty justice and a belief in our Constitution.
What's your excuse?
straight shooter

Barre, VT

#70 Jan 11, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>no I include you as well.
Your sense of entitlement is showing, Homer.
D'OH!
so, we can make fun of ourselves but you can't?

doesn't seem to apply around here...

BTW, you do remember the episodes where Homer tries his hardest to make sure Bart isn't gay, right?
straight shooter

Barre, VT

#71 Jan 11, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>you'd be the expert on that one not me.
Born gay. Not born a bigot. Raised to be heterosexual. Became a man with a mind and a sense of honesty justice and a belief in our Constitution.
What's your excuse?
I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say here...
what i can gather from it I simply do not care about...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#72 Jan 11, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say here...
what i can gather from it I simply do not care about...
I could see that. Except you obviously DO care because you responded.
Get the Maalox ready and try digesting this:
backlash at the top of the stairs
"The noted British historian Arnold Toynbee has a sweeping theory of human development called "The Cycle of Challenge and Response." According to this theory every civilization faces a constant succession of challenges and confrontations, and its viability and soundness can be measured by the vigor and nature of the response. It may meet the challenge head on, emerging stronger and healthier for the encounter; it may react defensively, desperately, leaving the struggle exhausted; or it may, at the first sign of threat, simply lie down and die. As it is with civilizations, so it may be with movements. For that matter, so it may be with individuals. Our vitality, our spirit, and our very capacity for survival can likely be measured not only by the vigor of our response to challenge and confrontation but also by the pattern and the nature of that response....
Our battle for freedom and recognition parallels to a striking degree that experienced by the blacks, for we are (in every modern sense of that term) a minority. We have our ghettos, our unemployment, our underemployment, and our Uncle Toms. We have our establishment (composed of society as a whole and, particularly, of many of the professionals in the governmental and private agencies). That establishment condescendingly loves us if we stay in our places, and bitterly resents us if we strive for equality...
....they tell us that there is no discrimination and that we are not a minority. We want no strife or confrontation, but we will do what we have to do. We are simply no longer willing to be second-class citizens. We have said it before, and we say it again: We know who we are, and we will never go back!...
.... No group ever goes from second-class status to first-class citizenship without passing through a period of hostility. Several years ago I made the statement that we had not even come far enough up the stairway of independence for anybody to hate us. I believe I can safely say that that problem has now been solved. We have enemies enough to satisfy even the most militant among us. We have actually progressed to the point of creating a backlash.
However, we must see the situation in perspective. The hostility and backlash which we are experiencing are not due to mistakes on our part or to radical behavior or to over aggressiveness or to any of the other trumped-up charges which have been made against us. Just as with the black civil rights movement and Martin Luther King, the hostile reactions and backlash are an inevitable step on the stairs which lead from the depths of rejection and custody to the upper level of freedom and first-class status. The bottom steps of that stairway are often paved with condescension and pity; the middle steps are sometimes paved with goodwill and the beginnings of acceptance; but the top steps are always paved with resentment and fear. We have come a long way up. We are approaching the top of the stairs, and we are experiencing our full measure of fear and resentment...."
An Address Delivered By Kenneth Jernigan
President, National Federation of the Blind
At the Banquet of the Annual Convention
Miami Beach, July 5, 1979
https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/conve...

(continued in next post)

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#73 Jan 11, 2013
correction. The last 10 words of the Pledge of Allegiance.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#75 Jan 11, 2013
Bert wrote:
<quoted text>
Any parenting outside of a male and female balanced environment is not ony wrong but unproven. You could have four fathers or four mothers and it would only compound and confuse the child even further. You people need to be institutionalized for all these Nazi experiments and one day it will come to fruition.
Pahana told me so.
Unproven? Children raised in single parent households show no less capability or balance than those in dual parent households. You also assume children are stupid, they are not, they just don't have ignorant hang ups about homosexuals, that is a learned behavior only.
straight shooter

Barre, VT

#77 Jan 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Children raised in single parent households show no less capability or balance than those in dual parent households.
I have never seen a study that supports this, care to share one?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#78 Jan 11, 2013
Wounded Paw wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about single parent homes you gd idiot! I already understand said problems do exist. You bastards seem to think homosexuality and parenting are the messiah of all family matters when it is not. Stick to the topic at hand instead of ONCE AGAIN rationalizing homosexuality at the expense of other peoples own frailies and failures.
So you just want to hate someone, and choose the most acceptable person to hate, according to your god delusion.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#79 Jan 11, 2013
straight shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never seen a study that supports this, care to share one?
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-h...
http://newsmomsneed.marchofdimes.com/...
http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/family/single-pa...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fort McMurray pastor and firefighter: confronti... 1 hr Reverend Laidlaw ... 1
News Number of Lyme disease cases more than triples ... 4 hr 9403zoe 1
News Global warming made Paris floods far more likel... 4 hr Earthling-1 113
News Beyonc and Kendrick's BET Awards Smash 6 hr larryX 3
News The Latest: Obama pledges federal support in fl... 17 hr WasteWater 10
News Rainelle natives and mayor uncertain of what's ... Sun Dennis Neathawk 1
News At gay pride parades, large crowds and increase... Sun OUCH 4
More from around the web