Issue #112: Polar Ice Caps Are Global...

Issue #112: Polar Ice Caps Are Global Warming Deniers

There are 42 comments on the The Heartland Institute story from Dec 6, 2013, titled Issue #112: Polar Ice Caps Are Global Warming Deniers. In it, The Heartland Institute reports that:

Southern Hemisphere polar ice extent set new records this week, combining with fairly average Northern Hemisphere polar ice extent to set the final stages of a year marked by above-average global polar ice extent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Heartland Institute.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cut n Paste

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Dec 7, 2013
Every Science Academy agrees:
Greater polar ice extent is an example of "noise" within the data.
Below average ice at the poles are evidence of Global Warming.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#2 Dec 8, 2013
If there's more ice it's 'noise', if there's less ice it's global warming.

Can you see how silly that sounds.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#3 Dec 8, 2013
"fairly average Northern Hemisphere polar ice extent"*

*for the 2000s.

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/files/2000/...

The extent is way below levels of three decades ago.

It's not as if southern hemisphere sea ice increase cancels this out.

The southern hemisphere increase is nothing compared to the northern hemisphere increase.

http://tamino.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/ano...

Both the north and south poles are warming.

Thus the southern hemisphere must be down to regional variation, and indeed it is.

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2013/...

The huge decline in Arctic sea ice is rightly ascribed to global warming and is dramatic evidence of it.

And the increase in southern hemisphere is indeed an example of noise that climate change deniers like to point to as an excuse for ignoring the real evidence.
Jim

Katy, TX

#4 Dec 8, 2013
Fairly Gamey wrote:
And the increase in southern hemisphere is indeed an example of noise that climate change deniers like to point to as an excuse for ignoring the real evidence.
I feel sorry for the deniers. The real deniers. The simpletons who deny the hoax formerly known as Anthropoglobalclimategenicwarm ingchange. Their shrill cries are getting more and more desperate. But but but, IT'S ALL THE FAULT OF MAN...AND CO2....AND EVIL CAPITALISTS...PRAISE GAIA! Any deviation from the mantra will be severely whined at and you will be shamed by the Holy Hockey Stick. As Reverend Hansen sweats his Ice Caps off in the sauna.
litesong

Everett, WA

#5 Dec 8, 2013
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/06/...

Antarctic sea ice was predicted to increase in 2002, confirmed in 2005, & proved to be such, by AGW. toxic topix AGW deniers think if they deny the AGW predictions long enough, that toxic topix AGW deniers can claim a new ice age.

As for toxic topix AGW deniers claiming that cold has increased arctic sea ice by 60%, ushering in a new ice age:
2013 Arctic sea ice VOLUME is presently only 7% greater than the 2010 to present month average & is a full 9500 cubic kilometers LESS than the 1980-89 Arctic sea ice VOLUME average.

"The toxic topix AGW denier ice up claim" should be corrected to, "The toxic topix AGW denier ice clam-up.....".
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#6 Dec 8, 2013
Predicted? If the arctic decreases the antarctic increases, didn't have to be predicted it had been observed.

The arctic and antarctic have a 'see-saw' relationship to each other. Many studies have described this.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/dhm135...

http://nsidc.org/cryosphere/sotc/images/arc_a...

This one I really found interesting. Although the see-saw relationship has been known this was the first I saw to show a correlation between the AMO, Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation, and the antarctic ice extent.

http://toryardvaark.files.wordpress.com/2012/...
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#7 Dec 8, 2013
What is also interesting in the ice core data you can see that climate change happens first in the antarctic. The arctic follows.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#8 Dec 8, 2013
litesong

Everett, WA

#9 Dec 8, 2013
fun farts wrote:
The arctic and antarctic have a 'see-saw' relationship to each other.
Of course, the AGW scientists that made the prediction gave AGW reasons for the Antarctic sea ice increases. Your cyclical observation AFTER the fact, makes you an also-ran, failing to cross the finish line, or even the start line. The race was over, years before you started squawking, ".....but.....but.......b ut..... looky looky at this......"

Another AGW prediction related to your cyclical observation, is that your cycle may come to an end.

"the green troll"

#10 Dec 8, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
Predicted? If the arctic decreases the antarctic increases, didn't have to be predicted it had been observed.
The arctic and antarctic have a 'see-saw' relationship to each other. Many studies have described this.
Go on then, post a study that describes it.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#11 Dec 9, 2013
LOL, I have posted so many studies and you don't read them, so now I just post pictures. If you're interested look it up.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#12 Dec 9, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, the AGW scientists that made the prediction gave AGW reasons for the Antarctic sea ice increases. Your cyclical observation AFTER the fact, makes you an also-ran, failing to cross the finish line, or even the start line. The race was over, years before you started squawking, ".....but.....but.......b ut..... looky looky at this......"
Another AGW prediction related to your cyclical observation, is that your cycle may come to an end.
Of course it will come to "an end" that's the nature of cyclical processes.

Take a look at the ice core data, nice long record of ups and downs. Not in ice extent but in temps and if temps are what causes increases and decreases in the ice then you will still see the pattern.

"the green troll"

#13 Dec 9, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
LOL, I have posted so many studies and you don't read them, so now I just post pictures. If you're interested look it up.
Fun Facts wrote:
What is also interesting in the ice core data you can see that climate change happens first in the antarctic. The arctic follows.
Your pictures don't show "happens", because that means again and again.

Where are the studies you claim show this?

Or was that claim, as usual with you, just a lie.

What is it with you deniers, you lie so easily?
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#14 Dec 9, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Your pictures don't show "happens", because that means again and again.
Where are the studies you claim show this?
Or was that claim, as usual with you, just a lie.
What is it with you deniers, you lie so easily?
LOL, I've known about this for years, therefore so have you, since I posted all relevant studies. If you did not read them then I guess you're SOL.

Now go to Skeptical Science and find out what you should post next. LOL

"the green troll"

#15 Dec 9, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I've known about this for years, therefore so have you, since I posted all relevant studies. If you did not read them then I guess you're SOL.
Now go to Skeptical Science and find out what you should post next. LOL
Usual bullshit.

1. Tell a lie.
2. If somebody calls you out on it, claim you posted studies to prove it at some point in the past.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#16 Dec 9, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Usual bullshit.
1. Tell a lie.
2. If somebody calls you out on it, claim you posted studies to prove it at some point in the past.
LOL

"the green troll"

#17 Dec 10, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You find it amusing to be exposed as a liar?

Revealing.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#18 Dec 10, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
You find it amusing to be exposed as a liar?
Revealing.
What I find amusing is the fact that you can't come up with anything else. So like the 4th grader on the playground you just revert to personal attacks.

You have no real interest in the subject at hand or you would have looked to see if what I had posted had any validity. Like the guy who claims the earth is 6000 years old, you have decided to believe and anyone who does not believe is a liar.

Well, I don't believe and as a result I'm called a liar frequently. When I 'consider the source' it's no biggee.

"the green troll"

#19 Dec 10, 2013
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
What I find amusing is the fact that you can't come up with anything else. So like the 4th grader on the playground you just revert to personal attacks.
You have no real interest in the subject at hand or you would have looked to see if what I had posted had any validity. Like the guy who claims the earth is 6000 years old, you have decided to believe and anyone who does not believe is a liar.
Well, I don't believe and as a result I'm called a liar frequently. When I 'consider the source' it's no biggee.
Diversion.

Where are the studies that prove a see-saw relationship between Arctic and Antarctic ice?

They don't exist.

You are a liar and get called a liar because you lie.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#20 Dec 10, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Diversion.
Where are the studies that prove a see-saw relationship between Arctic and Antarctic ice?
They don't exist.
You are a liar and get called a liar because you lie.
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming made Paris floods far more likel... (Jun '16) 3 hr Into The Night 152
News Get ready for our next heat wave Wed BPT 1
News Flood destroys entire cash contents of Wisconsi... Wed Marco R s Secret ... 2
News What are the chances? Tropical Storms Don, Hila... Wed anonymous 2
News Suburban waterfront residents love their homes ... Tue Mister Cicero 1
News EPA overrules GE on Housatonic PCBs cleanup (Oct '16) Jul 18 MOMBACH lucifer 8
News Hobby drones are threats to firefighting aircraft Jul 17 Joe 1
More from around the web