Satellites look into a volcano's hell

Satellites look into a volcano's hell

There are 1 comment on the Megite Technology News story from Dec 8, 2012, titled Satellites look into a volcano's hell. In it, Megite Technology News reports that:

Smoke and lava issue forth from Russia's Tolbachik Volcano in a pair of pictures from NASA's Earth Observing 1 satellite.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Megite Technology News.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Dec 10, 2012
Nice pics.

Appears that the Tholeiite erupting from Tolbachik is rather voluminous but not as explosive as the initial eruption in 1975(or thereabouts).

This appears to be the 2nd fissure eruption since the rebound/ long duration, mercalli X (r/lx) event and bloody gret big tsunami of 1737. and it appears nowadays that the Kliuchevsloi volcano group sector got the large runout and ~70m tsunami that the r/lx was famous for.

This appears to be a 2nd magma filled fracture being squeezed into Tolbachik, but it appears to have re used the initial fissure conduit which was probably still warm & rather soft.

Will definitely keep watching that space.

Have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City splash pads reopen amid record-breaking he... 5 hr Hydro off again 1
News Kingstonians soak up the sun as heat warning sw... 5 hr Humid 2 1
News Georgetown and Acton cooling centres remain ope... 6 hr peeps outside 1
News South Berkshire talk covers warning signs, trea... (Apr '15) 16 hr Ka Boom Talmudistan 7
News Evacuations from Bali volcano swell to more tha... 16 hr Wildchild 1
News Rangers: Woman armed with frying pan helped sto... 21 hr Pence of Tides 2
News Asheville agencies address complexities of opio... Sun Humanspirit 3
More from around the web