Study links California drought to glo...

Study links California drought to global warming

There are 89 comments on the Star Tribune story from May 3, 2014, titled Study links California drought to global warming. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

Utility worker Steve Upton, right, explained to Larry Barber how to use a timer to conserve water in drought-stricken Sacramento, Calif.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#62 May 8, 2014
Coal is King wrote:
<quoted text>
And what's your real name? Wang. Wong. Mao Ze Dung.
Knot kin cole. LOL.

Since: Aug 10

Concord, CA

#63 May 8, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Fools believe that science is just an argument.
Science tells you otherwise.
Science tells us that you are completely wrong. Did you somehow miss the memo about the so called "expert climate scientists" at east Anglia university who got caught in emails that they purposely falsified data to further their agenda since the real data was a complete contradiction to what they were attempting to prove.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#64 May 8, 2014
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Science tells us that you are completely wrong. Did you somehow miss the memo about the so called "expert climate scientists" at east Anglia university who got caught in emails that they purposely falsified data to further their agenda since the real data was a complete contradiction to what they were attempting to prove.
Show us why I'm wrong, liar.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#65 May 8, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>huh
The bottom line is that every region of the country must both do its part to reduce carbon emissions and plan to adapt to the effects it is unlikely to avoid.
The best way to cut greenhouse gases would be through a national policy that puts a price on carbon dioxide emissions. Experts are all but unanimous on this point, but Congress has yet to respond.
Local governments can enforce stronger building codes and various other measures, particularly in the absence of robust federal action.
All levels of government, meanwhile, must plan for coming changes.
Last week the journal Science published an analysis on the cost-effectiveness of various ideas to harden New York City against flooding.
A group of experts found that retrofitting existing buildings to better withstand floods and storms would help in all sorts of future conditions.
In middle-of-the-road warming scenarios, they also figured, it would make economic sense to enhance waterside flood barriers around major infrastructure.
This is the sort of analysis that communities large and small should be conducting now.
Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2014/05/08/4169085...
Sounds great, I'm all for clean air, but it will do nothing and I write Nothing in any change in the climate. It will cost us jobs and ruin our economy even more. I suggest that since the biggest polluter is China that you start with them.

Elk Grove, CA

#66 May 8, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Show us why I'm wrong, liar.
Go back and read, he just explained the email scam to you. And it's safe here in Sacramento today, I came out of my bunker and survived the sky falling.
Ralph

Bloomingdale, IN

#67 May 8, 2014
Darn, all this time I thought drought was caused by lack of rain.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#68 May 8, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Go back and read, he just explained the email scam to you. And it's safe here in Sacramento today, I came out of my bunker and survived the sky falling.
Hey comprehension says otherwise.

Go away, coalfire.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#71 May 8, 2014
Why does Topix break the same link now and then?
Coal is King

Madisonville, KY

#72 May 8, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds great, I'm all for clean air, but it will do nothing and I write Nothing in any change in the climate. It will cost us jobs and ruin our economy even more. I suggest that since the biggest polluter is China that you start with them.
He/she/it is not going to address the China question.

It would not surprise me in the least if Communist China isn't secretly financing the environmentalists' war on American coal -- and pulling the puppets' strings from behind the scenes.

Can you think of a better (and safer for the Chincoms) way to destroy the U.S.A. as a world power?

Elk Grove, CA

#73 May 9, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Hey comprehension says otherwise.
Go away, coalfire.
I'm out of my bunker today, it seems to be safe, I have not seen any sky falling today. Let me know if you hear of a weather cloud or if it's going to be windy.
litesong

Everett, WA

#74 May 9, 2014
wrecked car fire wrote:
Let me know if you hear of a weather cloud...
Need water on your wrecked car fire......
litesong

Everett, WA

#75 May 9, 2014
"wrecked car fire" wrote:
Go.....
/////////
SpaceBlues wrote:
Go away, coalfire.
////////
litesong wrote:
"wrecked car fire" can't go. Its wrecked car is on fire.
litesong

Everett, WA

#76 May 9, 2014
coal is kinky wrote:
Communist China....... secretly financing ..... war on American coal --
re-pubic-lick-uns forgot that chinese communists(always small letters) murdered, tortured & starved to death 100 million of their own BROTHERS, SISTERS, CHILDREN & BABIES. re-pubic-lick-uns gave money, jobs & technology to communist chinese(always small letters). Now sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar re-pubic-lick-uns are skeerred of communist chinese(always small letters).
Coal is King

Cadiz, KY

#77 May 9, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
re-pubic-lick-uns forgot that chinese communists(always small letters) murdered, tortured & starved to death 100 million of their own BROTHERS, SISTERS, CHILDREN & BABIES. re-pubic-lick-uns gave money, jobs & technology to communist chinese(always small letters). Now sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liar re-pubic-lick-uns are skeerred of communist chinese(always small letters).
Thanks for the help.

We're having some trouble here with a few RINOs who actually believe the Global Warming "science" hoax. Every time you sling one of your "re-pubic-lick-uns" slurs it makes another RINO holdout see the light and come over to the right way of thinking.

Again, thanks. Keep up the good work.

Concord, CA

#78 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Show us why I'm wrong, liar.
Read the entire post, moron. I can see that you flunked reading comprehension in the seventh grade or did you simply flunk out of school altogether prior to that.

Explain why it is proven scientific fact that there has been no warming in over 17 years yet you brain dead drones are still scared to death of global warming.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#79 May 14, 2014
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the entire post, moron. I can see that you flunked reading comprehension in the seventh grade or did you simply flunk out of school altogether prior to that.
Explain why it is proven scientific fact that there has been no warming in over 17 years yet you brain dead drones are still scared to death of global warming.
Your bird brain is not comprehending but..

skepticalscience.com

realscience.com

bbc.com

Concord, CA

#80 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your bird brain is not comprehending but..
skepticalscience.com
realscience.com
bbc.com
What I comprehend from your stupid post is that you found a website that produces a profit through Paypal donations to perpetrate a hoax on non thinking morons such as yourself. The other two links, I don't understand your point of posting them at all. Realscience is just a do it yourself science forum looking for "CONSENSUS" which still is NOT PROVEN SCIENCE. BBC???? I far left leaning British news rag, what's the point?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#81 May 14, 2014
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
What I comprehend from your stupid post is that you found a website that produces a profit through Paypal donations to perpetrate a hoax on non thinking morons such as yourself. The other two links, I don't understand your point of posting them at all. Realscience is just a do it yourself science forum looking for "CONSENSUS" which still is NOT PROVEN SCIENCE. BBC???? I far left leaning British news rag, what's the point?
You are pointless, birdbrain.

Get educated on your own. Those sites would help others but birdbrains..
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#82 May 14, 2014
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away, birdbrain. You are WRONG.

Concord, CA

#83 May 14, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Go away, birdbrain. You are WRONG.
Here you go dummy, I can post links too.

Nhttp://townhall.com/tipsheet/ katiepavlich/2014/04/28/polar- bears-face-problems-thanks-to- too-much-ice-n1830450

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Manhunt in Memphis continues after officer, 33,... 10 hr serfs up 51
News Storm damage (Jul '11) Tue is roof off 9th line 5
News Expectant mothers in California urged to vaccin... Mon slack jaw 1
News Thousands of Invaders Are Walking into Europe, ... Mon SunceTiJebem 11
News Severe thunderstorm watch issued for Toronto, V... Mon news community 1
News A storm in Goderich on Aug. 2, 2015. Image cred... Mon Storm 1
News Boso asks Tomblin for funding to help pay for W... Sun whocares 3
More from around the web