Coal, oil and gas are killing climate

Coal, oil and gas are killing climate

There are 162 comments on the Earth Times story from Jun 17, 2013, titled Coal, oil and gas are killing climate. In it, Earth Times reports that:

Here is the Australian Climate Commission's complex figure showing global warming resulting largely from the burning of fossil fuel; image ; Credit: Australian Climate Commission The Australians have suffered more than most from climate change problems, with fire and flood dominating their headline news annually.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Earth Times.

SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#155 Jul 16, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessary.
Necessary.

When It Comes to Climate Change, This Is the Only Equation You Need to Know

http://news.yahoo.com/comes-climate-change-on...
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#156 Jul 16, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking for reasons to be rationally racist? No one is rationally racist.
.. except for Darwin.
lowprofile

Perth, Australia

#157 Jul 16, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Necessary.
When It Comes to Climate Change, This Is the Only Equation You Need to Know
http://news.yahoo.com/comes-climate-change-on...
Sounds like this guy has been visiting the same websites as you. And as far as "the only equation you need to know" goes, you need to take note of 2 'equations' the first is, there has been no global warming for the past 15 years and the second is you have been completely brainwashed by GW bullshit.
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#158 Jul 16, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like this guy has been visiting the same websites as you. And as far as "the only equation you need to know" goes,...
Your brain is a wasteland.

Don't worry about it.
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#159 Jul 16, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like this guy has been visiting ..
This one:

Australia’s Climate Commission, the official body that advises the country’s government, has just issued a stark warning that a whopping 80 percent of global fossil fuel reserves will have to stay in the ground, if we are to avoid dangerous climate change.

http://ecowatch.com/2013/report-finds-80-perc...
lowprofile

Perth, Australia

#160 Jul 17, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>This one:
Australia’s Climate Commission, the official body that advises the country’s government, has just issued a stark warning that a whopping 80 percent of global fossil fuel reserves will have to stay in the ground, if we are to avoid dangerous climate change.
http://ecowatch.com/2013/report-finds-80-perc...
You don't seem to be able to grasp the fact that no matter where you live the local government is spewing out their own form of bullshit and idiots like you are swallowing it hook line and sinker, why don't you tell us all again how barry the bastard is going to 'fix' the global climate LOL!
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#163 Jul 17, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to be able to grasp the fact that no matter where you live the local government is spewing out their own form of bullshit and idiots like you are swallowing it hook line and sinker, why don't you tell us all again how barry the bastard is going to 'fix' the global climate LOL!
Your language suggests you are currently convicted.

Stop assuming about me.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#164 Jul 18, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
Haven't you realised that you're dealing with the absolute dross of American society when responding to the climate catastrophist rabble that populate this forum?
They don't even have a good excuse for posting here.
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#165 Jul 18, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't you realised that you're dealing with the absolute dross of American society ..
The aristocracy of England has spoken..
More CO2 the better

Dallas, TX

#166 Jul 20, 2013
off we are: Read this

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/images/stor...

Conclusion Extract:

There are no experimental data to support the hypothesis that increases in human hydrocarbon use or in atmospheric carbon dioxide and other green
house gases are causing or can be expected to cause
unfavorable changes in global temperatures, weather, or landscape.
There is no reason to limit human production of CO2
, CH4, and other minor greenhouse gases as has been proposed (82,83,97,123).
We also need not worry about environmental calamities even if the current natural warming trend continues. The Earth has been much warmer during the past 3,000 years without catastrophic effects. Warmer weather ex tends growing sea sons and generally improves the habitability of colder re
gions.
As coal, oil, and natural gas are used to feed and lift from poverty vast numbers of people across the globe, more CO2 will be released into the atmosphere. This will help to maintain and improve the health, longevity, prosperity, and productivity of all people.
The United States and other countries need to produce more energy, not less. The most practical, economical, and environmentally
sound methods avail able are hydrocarbon and nu clear technologies.
Human use of coal, oil, and natural gas has not harmfully warmed the Earth, and the ex
trapolation of current trends shows that it will
not do so in the foreseeable future. The CO2
produced does, however, accelerate the growth rates of plants and also permits plants to grow in drier regions. Animal life, which depends upon plants, also
flourishes, and the diversity of plant and an
imal life is increased.
Human activities are producing part of the rise in CO
2 in the atmosphere. Mankind is moving the carbon in coal, oil, and natural gas from below ground to the atmosphere, where it is available for conversion into living things. We are living in an increasingly lush environment of plants and animals as a re
sult of this CO2 increase. Our children will therefore enjoy an Earth with far more plant and animal life than that with which we now are blessed.
Jim

Katy, TX

#167 Jul 20, 2013
[QUOTE who="More CO2 the better".[/QUOTE]
Nice. Feeding the trolls who worship the anthropoglobalcimategenicwarmi ngchange hoax. They need to wallow in their misery and revel in the belief that they are oh so much smarter than the rabble they seek to educate.They will lead you to such esteemed sources of scientific genius as thinkprogress. Or maybe the Huffington post. Or you might get lucky and end up at moveon.org . They are the deniers. They deny any facts that upset their world view and run bury their collective heads in the frack.

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#169 Jul 20, 2013
In the late 80's there were scientists employed to tell the world that the science was wrong, regarding the harm smoking causes. And I heard people agreeing with them, "yeah my Grandpa smoked all his life and he lived to be 95", etc.

Australia

#170 Jul 20, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like this guy has been visiting the same websites as you. And as far as "the only equation you need to know" goes, you need to take note of 2 'equations' the first is, there has been no global warming for the past 15 years and the second is you have been completely brainwashed by GW bullshit.
Why then have something like 15 species of fish migrated from NSW to Tasmania?
Why is it far to warm to wear my faux fur coat? for at least 3 years.
Why did my plum tree last Autumn, start losing its leaves then one branch got blossoms again?(never have I ever experienced that)
Why am I not freezing in winter like I used to be?
I can feel it. The fish can, the plants can.
lowprofile

Perth, Australia

#171 Jul 20, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
Why then have something like 15 species of fish migrated from NSW to Tasmania?
Why is it far to warm to wear my faux fur coat? for at least 3 years.
Why did my plum tree last Autumn, start losing its leaves then one branch got blossoms again?(never have I ever experienced that)
Why am I not freezing in winter like I used to be?
I can feel it. The fish can, the plants can.

Why is it that the winters EVERYWHERE are getting colder, Why is it that everything the the governments climate change guru Tim Flannery has ever said about climate change has over time been proven wrong. Why is it that even NASA has stated that there has been no increase in global temperature for at least 15 years, do I need to go on???

Australia

#172 Jul 20, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that the winters EVERYWHERE are getting colder, Why is it that everything the the governments climate change guru Tim Flannery has ever said about climate change has over time been proven wrong. Why is it that even NASA has stated that there has been no increase in global temperature for at least 15 years, do I need to go on???
Why are summers warmer, breaking record temps? We had Andrew Bolt Jurno from Hearld Sun, saying why is it pouring down in Queensland, and he wrote, SEE, SEE, SEE!!! Because the waters are warmer, that's why.(thought we all knew at least that). Why are the waters warmer? Should it be 20 deg in the sea in July, one hour north of Sydney? is that average?
Melbourne's winter's aren't getting colder, they are without doubt warmer than 10 years ago.
Instead of quibbling about right and wrong we should be stopping the ugly pollution of our home. But NO, much easier to make a massive mess and leave ("Lion King" mentality).
I want my kids to breath free, the more shite we put in the atmosphere, the more likely it is that we change this world. We would have to be completely stupid if we can't see what we're doing.
Can you tell me what it is the people spreading "Bad" science want?
lowprofile

Perth, Australia

#173 Jul 21, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are summers warmer, breaking record temps? We had Andrew Bolt Jurno from Hearld Sun, saying why is it pouring down in Queensland, and he wrote, SEE, SEE, SEE!!! Because the waters are warmer, that's why.(thought we all knew at least that). Why are the waters warmer? Should it be 20 deg in the sea in July, one hour north of Sydney? is that average?
Melbourne's winter's aren't getting colder, they are without doubt warmer than 10 years ago.
Instead of quibbling about right and wrong we should be stopping the ugly pollution of our home. But NO, much easier to make a massive mess and leave ("Lion King" mentality).
I want my kids to breath free, the more shite we put in the atmosphere, the more likely it is that we change this world. We would have to be completely stupid if we can't see what we're doing.
Can you tell me what it is the people spreading "Bad" science want?
Who cares what's going on in melbourne, you can sum that up in 3 words 'it doesn't matter' the winters aren't any warmer where I live its been 8-10 degrees for the last 2 days. as far a shit in the atmosphere goes, CO2 isn't going to hurt your kids, grow a brain. Just answer this question if everything is getting hotter why does NASA say it hasn't got any hotter for the last 15 years ?
Instead of swallowing everything you are told by the media why don't you do some of your own research, you may get a big wake up call.

Australia

#174 Jul 21, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what's going on in melbourne, you can sum that up in 3 words 'it doesn't matter' the winters aren't any warmer where I live its been 8-10 degrees for the last 2 days. as far a shit in the atmosphere goes, CO2 isn't going to hurt your kids, grow a brain. Just answer this question if everything is getting hotter why does NASA say it hasn't got any hotter for the last 15 years ?
Instead of swallowing everything you are told by the media why don't you do some of your own research, you may get a big wake up call.
Sorry your an ignorant ranting lunatic. Dumb rude pig; I know the birds and bees know, the fish know, so you believe everything NASA tells us! We can feel it and see it. And after all they may be part of the media that is lying!!
It doesn't matter what is happening in Melbourne? dumb f. it matter's what is going on everywhere. Ignorant pig dog, how do you know what co2 does or doesn't do, to children? Where's your proof, where's the experiments? WE DO NOT KNOW, so get over yourself.
yinyang now

Perth, Australia

#175 Jul 21, 2013
Everything people have been taught is smoke and mirrors. They don't even need gas and oil anymore. Even rockets are outdated. They have anti gravity for gods sake. UFOs are the usual. When people have had enough to call them out, they'll say it's for defence. They make you believe in the primal, in a far secretive advanced techno reality. Stop trusting in the usual jargon. Love always.
LessHypeMoreFact

Etobicoke, Canada

#176 Jul 21, 2013
lowprofile wrote:
<quoted text>
Just answer this question if everything is getting hotter why does NASA say it hasn't got any hotter for the last 15 years ?
Apples (everything) getting hotter vs oranges (air temperature at 2 meters) is pretty much the sum of your logic. But even your apples are rotten. The surface is affected by AGW to about 600 meters (or more) in the oceans and about 150 meters on land. Air temperature is a reflection of the heat exposed at the interface between air and land/ocean surface averaged.
lowprofile

Perth, Australia

#177 Jul 21, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Apples (everything) getting hotter vs oranges (air temperature at 2 meters) is pretty much the sum of your logic. But even your apples are rotten. The surface is affected by AGW to about 600 meters (or more) in the oceans and about 150 meters on land. Air temperature is a reflection of the heat exposed at the interface between air and land/ocean surface averaged.
I used NASA as just one source, there are many sources stating the same thing, eg the british MET office, a lot or organisations are finally standing up and calling all this GW bullshit, like i said do your own research, try starting with the Lake Vlostock ice core research from antartica. This info goes back multiple ice ages ago when surprise surprise there was much more CO2 in the atmosphere than what there is now and also the CO2 came centuries AFTER the planet heated again after ice ages, like I said you've been fed garbage, some have swallowed it most haven't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Seismic Sunday' Continues With 4.1 Magnitude Q... (Dec '14) 6 hr bantom sunshine 2
News USGS: Earthquakes Shake Alfalfa County (Dec '14) 6 hr bantom sunshine 2
News Lewis Sheriffa s Department, Lowville PD quietl... 7 hr Liberty and justi... 15
News The Ones the Wolves Pull Down 18 hr processedfluently 1
News Dover fair has historic roots (Jul '08) Fri Pinhead 5
News Firefighter fatality reported at huge Californi... Dec 15 Concave 1
News The Latest: Trump: US must fix 'lax immigration... Dec 11 Jose 1
More from around the web