Will Black Nationalism Reemerge?

Will Black Nationalism Reemerge?

There are 140 comments on the Free Republic story from Sep 21, 2013, titled Will Black Nationalism Reemerge?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

In the summer of 2008, a tidal wave of liberal and youth activists began to carry presidential candidate Barack Obama on a journey leading inexorably to the White House.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#146 Sep 30, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
Also, would someone be so kind as tell me what ...C/S means?
Counter strike? or other?
Co-Sign.......

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#147 Sep 30, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Just watch any discovery channel crime show and you will see white people killing, raping and molesting daily.
Conviction rates as opposed to arrest rates are absolutely skewed towards minorities. Known fact for a while. I'm not going to do the homework for you. I know your stats are propaganda for the most part.
I see you have no facts to back that up.
I gave you bothe the DOJ stats and the FBI, yet you claim they are both erronious. Still waiting on your stats which we both know you cannot produce. Now I see why you think you are a bullsh!t detector, it takes one to know one.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#148 Sep 30, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> BLACK AWAKENNG IN CAPITALIST AMERICA is another good book with interesting discussions of diverse forms of Black Nationalism. Written back (I believe) in the late 1960s when things were still jimping.
thing is the US isn't based on Capitalism just in name only.

How Capitalism Works

by Julia Layton

In this article, we'll explore capitalism: its roots, principles and effects, benefits and shortcomings. We'll find out how capitalism compares to the alternative method of doing business. Incidentally, the United States doesn't actually practice capitalism. No one does these days.

Today, the economies of nations that are typically referred to as capitalist are in fact mixed economies -- they incorporate certain aspects of capitalism and certain aspects of planed economies. In pure capitalism, things like child labor laws, Social Security, anti-discriminatory hiring practices and a minimum wage have no place. Capitalism rejects all government intervention in economic matters.

In the 1930s, the British Economist John Maynard Keynes published a new take on capitalism. Keynes believed that government intervention can help stabilize a capitalist economy. By varying taxes and spending and manipulating interest rates, the government can keep the money supply level and protect the economy from the "boom and bust" periods inherent to the capitalist system.

Keynes' economic theories contributed to the U.S. Congress passing the Employment Act of 1946, which put the responsibility of economic stability squarely in the hands of the federal government. With that, laissez-faire economics was officially dead in the United States.

http://money.howstuffworks.com/capitalism.htm

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#149 Oct 1, 2013
On times when African-american society is so divided and disunited, Pan-Africanism and black nationalism would be essential for greater cooperation, unity and prosperity of the black community. That's why racists fear black nationalism at most, it means progress and amelioration of ourselves as a people and citizens.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#150 Oct 1, 2013
NotSoDivineMsM wrote:
*peeks in*
Another thread gone haywire.....smh.....
*turns out lights.....leaves*
There's simply no way of keeping out the trolls who want to disrupt. By the way, I now have two interesting DVDs: "Black Power Mixtape" and "Free Angela Davis and All Political Prisoners."
Already There

AOL

#151 Oct 1, 2013
Race Card please ?

Location hidden

#152 Oct 1, 2013

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#153 Oct 2, 2013
Only blacks can help the black.

Location hidden

#154 Oct 2, 2013
Darkjaemess wrote:
True and if someone could get that point across to the Blacks in Detroit since they don't want to help themselves to be self sufficient nothing there in Detroit is ever going to change.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#155 Oct 2, 2013
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>I see you have no facts to back that up.
I gave you bothe the DOJ stats and the FBI, yet you claim they are both erronious. Still waiting on your stats which we both know you cannot produce. Now I see why you think you are a bullsh!t detector, it takes one to know one.
Stats? If you read for comprehension you will see that a source of information was given to you. If you choose to ignore it, that sounds like your problem.
Patriot

Mexico

#156 Oct 2, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Stats? If you read for comprehension you will see that a source of information was given to you. If you choose to ignore it, that sounds like your problem.
Every time you popup its with more bullshit than yesterday. Get your worthless ass on a boat and go back home. Wild animals are appreciated in Afrika! Not in America!

Brooklyn, New York

#157 Oct 2, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Every time you popup its with more bullshit than yesterday. Get your worthless ass on a boat and go back home. Wild animals are appreciated in Afrika! Not in America!
Keep your drug selling cousins on that side of the border...We don't need anymore Zimmermans over here, junior.

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#159 Oct 2, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation.....I am unable to back up my claims so I will try and make excuses.

Bottom line Rhino, blacks commit 50% of the murders yet only account for 13% of the population. Something is broken.

Since: Oct 09

Paris France

#161 Oct 6, 2013
Darkjaemess wrote:
True sir.

It does not exclude that some whites may support Black emancipation movements where they emerge and get stronger.
And also that the same whites can work inside the present world to destroy the white matrix. I am sure doing that as much as I can.

a whiteboi
All Aboard

Mentor, OH

#162 Oct 8, 2013
To Late !

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#163 Oct 8, 2013
Check out some flics related to thi topic: THE BLACK POWR MIXTAPE, FREE ANGELA DAVIS AND ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS, and maybe BLACK AUGUST.

I'm trying to check out the book PANTHER BABY by Jamal Joseph (if I can just find the time).

One orator in the Angela davis flic said: "Do you know what Black Power means? DIGNITY!"

Brooklyn, New York

#164 Oct 10, 2013
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Translation.....I am unable to back up my claims so I will try and make excuses.

Bottom line Rhino, blacks commit 50% of the murders yet only account for 13% of the population. Something is broken.
And the white community ...Everything is coming up roses on your side, right?

Denial only makes you look desperate.
Hoo Dee Doo

Mountain Home, AR

#165 Oct 10, 2013

“Unions are still scum ”

Atlanta

#166 Oct 10, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
And the white community ...Everything is coming up roses on your side, right?
Denial only makes you look desperate.
Sure the white community has room for improvement, but they are not killing each other at the rates blacks are killing blacks.
Sam I Am

Mountain Home, AR

#167 Oct 11, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News EPA overrules GE on Housatonic PCBs cleanup (Oct '16) 10 hr Dalsimer is a zio... 16
News Donald Trump blames hurricane-hit Puerto Rico f... Wed humptytrumpty 35
News Lewis Sheriffa s Department, Lowville PD quietl... Nov 22 narc101 12
News Is Sex with a Circumcised Man Different? (May '14) Nov 20 Jim 18
News Vaccines, Worse Than Opioids - Section #13, CDC... Nov 18 VACCINES MAIM KILL 1
News Ash creates a haze in Kodiak, as seen on this F... Nov 17 Sundance79 1
News Medicaid fueling opioid epidemic? New theory is... Nov 17 Sue The Docs N Bi... 3
More from around the web