N.J.'s Christie blames aid delay on DC

N.J.'s Christie blames aid delay on DC

There are 47 comments on the Yahoo! story from Oct 27, 2013, titled N.J.'s Christie blames aid delay on DC. In it, Yahoo! reports that:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie comforts Kerri Berean, 33, a Chapman Street resident, in this Nov. 3, 2012 file photo taken in Little Ferry, N.J. Christie was in many ways the face of the storm, whether he was embracing President Barack Obama during a visit to the battered coast or consoling a tearful 9-year-old girl who had lost her house and told ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Yahoo!.

Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#34 Oct 28, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> There were progressive add ons to the bill that caused that. Politics wields it ugly head many times in Washington. Never let a crisis....
There were?

Then why didn't teabaggers name, names?

So much for the self proclaimed "conservatives".

Everyone it seems wanted the "pork", that in no way, shape or form, would have passed on it's own merit.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#35 Oct 28, 2013
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
wow larry!
a lucid, well thought out response...
what happened?
i agree he HAS done some wonderful things for New Jersey...he should stay there.
btw, in YOUR opinion he's the only threat to a democrat victory...
in my opinion, a real republican would be a threat...not a Romney republican, not a "progressive" republican like Cristie and CERTAINLY not a McCain republican...
I know. You'd prefer someone to the right of Louis XIV. You've got plenty to choose from. Grab one before they reach the moon.
Chicopee

New Fairfield, CT

#36 Oct 28, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
There were?
Then why didn't teabaggers name, names?
So much for the self proclaimed "conservatives".
Everyone it seems wanted the "pork", that in no way, shape or form, would have passed on it's own merit.
Only one third of that $50 billion bill was for Sandy aid. The rest of it was for all kinds of goodies. FBI salaries, the Head Start program, repairs to buildings in DC, like the Smithsonian. And aid for states like Alabama, Mississippi, Texas and Louisiana, to add to the aid they had already received previously for prior problems.

It was the teabaggers in the House that helped vote down all that pork.

This is all BS anyway, plenty of agencies had already received billions in aid to help the victims of Sandy. It is government red tape, rule changes, massive confusion and endless reams of paper forms with conflicting rules that are holding up the works now.

And the fact that the media forgot about Sandy victims soon after the storm. There was no 24/7 reporting and news agencies camped out on location for weeks, like we saw with Katrina. These victims were forgotten by mid December and the Sandy Hook tragedy.
Akim Von Sigurd

Albstadt, Germany

#37 Oct 29, 2013
Christie converted it Islam.

any other reason why he is licking Ubama's Assssshole ?
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#41 Oct 30, 2013
obama's tyranny and lack of sincere obligation will never accept responsibility for POTUS'S LACK OF RESPONSE.....their favorite phrase " it's Bush's fault" crap doesn't stand any longer AND NEVER DID. POTUS'S NASTY EXCUSE. What would've happened if the WH had washed away? don't tell me Bush's fault, he caused it!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#42 Oct 30, 2013
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
obama's tyranny and lack of sincere obligation will never accept responsibility for POTUS'S LACK OF RESPONSE.....their favorite phrase " it's Bush's fault" crap doesn't stand any longer AND NEVER DID. POTUS'S NASTY EXCUSE. What would've happened if the WH had washed away? don't tell me Bush's fault, he caused it!
Not a CLUE, Eh?

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#43 Nov 1, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>One in the same. You will keep your plan, you will keep your doctor, you will keep your insurance.........one lie after another. Even Carney, the white House stand up comic admitted it.
Insurance companies are denying policies because they don't want to pay for PREVENTATIVE MEDICINE and TREATMENTS.

In a nation of obese, lazy, diabetic, heart diseased fat asses, you must be so proud of the insurance companies that making billions is more important to them than keeping their clients healthy through preventative treatments.

Of course, insurance companies are innocent and the good guys and the black guy is the bad guy. KKKeep up the good work, teabigot.
Everything is President Obamas fault. lmao

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#44 Nov 1, 2013
Insurance companies and the medical community have paid the GOP to throw up all this resistance.....teaparty House republican's support Corporate America, not the citizens.....
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#45 Nov 1, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Insurance companies are denying policies because they don't want to pay for PREVENTATIVE MEDICINE and TREATMENTS.
In a nation of obese, lazy, diabetic, heart diseased fat asses, you must be so proud of the insurance companies that making billions is more important to them than keeping their clients healthy through preventative treatments.
Of course, insurance companies are innocent and the good guys and the black guy is the bad guy. KKKeep up the good work, teabigot.
Everything is President Obamas fault. lmao
thanks, the most sensible thing you've done is admitting "Everything is President Obamas fault". Knew you'd come around to seeing the light!
Chicopee

New Fairfield, CT

#48 Nov 2, 2013
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Insurance companies are denying policies because they don't want to pay for PREVENTATIVE MEDICINE and TREATMENTS.
In a nation of obese, lazy, diabetic, heart diseased fat asses, you must be so proud of the insurance companies that making billions is more important to them than keeping their clients healthy through preventative treatments.
Of course, insurance companies are innocent and the good guys and the black guy is the bad guy. KKKeep up the good work, teabigot.
Everything is President Obamas fault. lmao
Bullsh!t.

Insurance companies are dropping people because they can't sell policies with all the required coverage and mandates that are included in the ACA.

Some lucky people have enough money to buy all the required coverage in order to keep their current insurance company, but as one widely covered story about a man in California shows, it cost him $10,000 more per year to keep the same coverage as he had for his family of six.

And that's what people are finding out. It's too expensive to get the required coverage through some of the private insurance companies that are still offering it.

And that in most states, it costs considerably more to get insurance through the exchange, either through higher premiums or through considerably higher deductibles and out of pocket expenses with the lower cost packages.

More and more people are learning this everyday. Some are in the media and are talking about it. Insurance company execs are starting to dish and thousands of people are in sticker shock now that they had to go to the exchange. They're talking about it, even in some far left venues. and print news all over the country is all over it, too.

Get a clue and stop spouting the hyperbole. Too many people are finding out otherwise, and some of this President's most ardent supporters are starting to criticize all the lies.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#50 Nov 2, 2013
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one third of that $50 billion bill was for Sandy aid. The rest of it was for all kinds of goodies. FBI salaries, the Head Start program, repairs to buildings in DC, like the Smithsonian. And aid for states like Alabama, Mississippi, Texas and Louisiana, to add to the aid they had already received previously for prior problems.
It was the teabaggers in the House that helped vote down all that pork.
This is all BS anyway, plenty of agencies had already received billions in aid to help the victims of Sandy. It is government red tape, rule changes, massive confusion and endless reams of paper forms with conflicting rules that are holding up the works now.
And the fact that the media forgot about Sandy victims soon after the storm. There was no 24/7 reporting and news agencies camped out on location for weeks, like we saw with Katrina. These victims were forgotten by mid December and the Sandy Hook tragedy.
"It was the teabaggers in the House that helped vote down all that pork".

Yes they did.

And I agree, however, if they were more concerned about the "pork" and less concerned about "politics", they would have named names of the politicians who added the pork in the relief bill.

Had they done that, they would've had a clean bill in less than 48 hours.

Instead.

They WHINED for 3 MONTHS.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#51 Nov 2, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You should volunteer to send uncle sugar more tax money pookie, or is it you only like spending others money.
Teabaggers sure don't mind.

There are 67 Republicans from the House of Representatives who voted against the first round of federal money to pay for flood insurance claims from Hurricane Sandy. You ought to remember every one of them, all these elected officials who seem to have all the qualities of dogs except loyalty.

The worst on this list, and the ones who come across as the biggest phonies, are the ones from places like Florida and Alabama and the Carolinas and Mississippi, the ones who have come running to the federal government with their hands out after their own natural disasters, practically demanding money.

For the second time in two months, the federal government has turned down an appeal by Gov. Rick Scott for disaster aid for a hurricane that clipped but didn't barrel into Florida.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency announced this week that it will not honor the governor's request for disaster assistance to Florida’s communities after Hurricane Sandy damaged beaches and infrastructure in seven South Florida counties from Miami-Dade to Brevard on Oct. 24-26.

“Beaches are an essential element in Florida’s economy. We are frustrated by the inconsistency in policy regarding funding beach damages by FEMA," said Florida Division of Emergency Management Director Bryan W. Koon. "This denial places a burden on the already fiscally constrained counties.”

Scott had originally applied for the disaster funds in November but the request was rejected. The governor appealed the decision and was denied. A similar request, seeking $26 million in federal aid for Hurricane Isaac, was rejected in September and then approved the relief for 11 north Florida counties.

Many of these people who voted “no” on Sandy relief voted yes on a $50 billion supplemental bill after Katrina, and a $2 billion increase in flood insurance coverage. They include Tom Graves of Georgia. Wilson of South Carolina. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee. Louie Gohmert and Randy Neubebauer and Kenny Marchant and Mac Thornberry from Texas. Bob Goodlatte, Virginia. Tom Price, Georgia. Trent Franks, Arizona.

Yes, those "conservative" teabaggers.

Only applies when it's "someone else".

Poor teabagger.
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#53 Nov 2, 2013
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh!t.
Insurance companies are dropping people because they can't sell policies with all the required coverage and mandates that are included in the ACA.
Some lucky people have enough money to buy all the required coverage in order to keep their current insurance company, but as one widely covered story about a man in California shows, it cost him $10,000 more per year to keep the same coverage as he had for his family of six.
And that's what people are finding out. It's too expensive to get the required coverage through some of the private insurance companies that are still offering it.
And that in most states, it costs considerably more to get insurance through the exchange, either through higher premiums or through considerably higher deductibles and out of pocket expenses with the lower cost packages.
More and more people are learning this everyday. Some are in the media and are talking about it. Insurance company execs are starting to dish and thousands of people are in sticker shock now that they had to go to the exchange. They're talking about it, even in some far left venues. and print news all over the country is all over it, too.
Get a clue and stop spouting the hyperbole. Too many people are finding out otherwise, and some of this President's most ardent supporters are starting to criticize all the lies.
VERY TRUE, Chicopee....thanks! this has to be most embarrassing to the dictator and his supporters.
Reality Bites

AOL

#54 Nov 2, 2013
So what Christie.
No ONE expects better from this White House.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#55 Nov 2, 2013
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> VERY TRUE, Chicopee....thanks! this has to be most embarrassing to the dictator and his supporters.
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." -- George Bush -- Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

Poor teabagger.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#56 Nov 2, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>Teabaggers sure don't mind.

There are 67 Republicans from the House of Representatives who voted against the first round of federal money to pay for flood insurance claims from Hurricane Sandy. You ought to remember every one of them, all these elected officials who seem to have all the qualities of dogs except loyalty.

The worst on this list, and the ones who come across as the biggest phonies, are the ones from places like Florida and Alabama and the Carolinas and Mississippi, the ones who have come running to the federal government with their hands out after their own natural disasters, practically demanding money.

For the second time in two months, the federal government has turned down an appeal by Gov. Rick Scott for disaster aid for a hurricane that clipped but didn't barrel into Florida.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency announced this week that it will not honor the governor's request for disaster assistance to FloridaÂ’s communities after Hurricane Sandy damaged beaches and infrastructure in seven South Florida counties from Miami-Dade to Brevard on Oct. 24-26.

“Beaches are an essential element in Florida’s economy. We are frustrated by the inconsistency in policy regarding funding beach damages by FEMA," said Florida Division of Emergency Management Director Bryan W. Koon. "This denial places a burden on the already fiscally constrained counties.”

Scott had originally applied for the disaster funds in November but the request was rejected. The governor appealed the decision and was denied. A similar request, seeking $26 million in federal aid for Hurricane Isaac, was rejected in September and then approved the relief for 11 north Florida counties.

Many of these people who voted “no” on Sandy relief voted yes on a $50 billion supplemental bill after Katrina, and a $2 billion increase in flood insurance coverage. They include Tom Graves of Georgia. Wilson of South Carolina. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee. Louie Gohmert and Randy Neubebauer and Kenny Marchant and Mac Thornberry from Texas. Bob Goodlatte, Virginia. Tom Price, Georgia. Trent Franks, Arizona.

Yes, those "conservative" teabaggers.

Only applies when it's "someone else".

Poor teabagger.
Soooooooooeeeeeeeee pork pork pork. The liberal stash for vote buying.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#57 Nov 2, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooooooooeeeeeeeee pork pork pork. The liberal stash for vote buying.
Seems those "conservative" teabaggers were trying to feed at the same trough.

Must have been on the leaner side.

Hoping no one would notice.

Poor teabagger.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#58 Nov 3, 2013
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> thanks, the most sensible thing you've done is admitting "Everything is President Obamas fault". Knew you'd come around to seeing the light!
It's so cute how you teabaggers like to see only what you want to see.

I said "Everything is President Obamas fault." LMAO

Sarcasm. Look into it, Ashiti.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#59 Nov 3, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
Why is Hillary Clinton's popularity sliding?
Since leaving the Obama administration, Clinton's favorability ratings have plunged a net 18 points
By Jon Terbush | November 1, 2013
In every poll that places Christie, Bush, Ryan, Cruz etc
running against Hillary, Hillary ALWAYS wins, but hey
Le Jimcrow, at least you have your dreams.
Hold on to them very tight!
TeaParty Rules

United States

#60 Nov 3, 2013
Christie is a RINO. President Ted Cruz will save this country.

Fatboy is just mad because all the libtard crap was cut from the aid package.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study predicts spike in West Nile cases for Ont... 20 hr Mr Pizza Hut 1
News Hopkinsville considers eminent domain in acquir... Aug 18 fo real deal 9
News New dams coming to California? A dozen projects... Aug 16 Solarman 1
News Despite Reduction in Oil, Gas Wastewater Inject... Aug 16 soldierows 1
News EPA overrules GE on Housatonic PCBs cleanup (Oct '16) Aug 15 KABBALAH Occult 11
News Hurricane Andrew: A look back Aug 14 Razor Bronco 1
News Recycled wastewater to give Los Angeles County ... (Nov '15) Aug 14 Solarman 13
More from around the web