Pegram fire: Fire chief assesses resp...

Pegram fire: Fire chief assesses response

There are 2 comments on the The Tennessean story from Feb 12, 2014, titled Pegram fire: Fire chief assesses response. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

Reflecting on the events of Feb. 1, Pegram fire chief Brent Stuart is still moved by the enormity of the fire that destroyed the Pegram Valu Plus Supermarket on Highway 70. "In 22 years with the Pegram Fire Department, I have not seen anything to this magnitude concerning a commercial structure fire on the south end of the county," Stuart said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

Arthur

Kingston Springs, TN

#1 Feb 19, 2014
It is time for the Town of Pegram to review its Fire policy, Fire Plan and General Emergency Services and Public Safety Plan, Cheatham County is relatively small in size and population but has numerous independent fire units. The County has a fire tax and a County Fire chief, emergency management director plus other law enforcement and disconnected codes personnel. There should be a call to evaluate and reorganize Emergency management with guidance and direction from the State level.The Pegram Planning Commission and the Board of Mayor and Alderman should be in Emergency session to look at Fire Prevention, Alarm systems, frequency and severity of incidents, personnel and regular codes and fire inspections.

If i were not already "trapped" in Pegram, I would be somewhere else.It is time for the Town to act like a Town and look beyonf barbeques, fish frys and fireworks.
Sally

Kingston Springs, TN

#2 Oct 8, 2014
Is Pegram or Cheatham County Fire people doing any kind of fire codes inspections or fire prevention?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton proposes new federal fund to combat Zik... 40 min okimar 8
News California firefighters stretched thin as blaze... 1 hr Clinton Fire 1
News Deadly earthquake in Italy claims dozens of lives 6 hr fukuda 1
News West Virginia city swamped by overdoses, as nat... 7 hr southern at heart 2
News Earthquake 'more powerful than Italian quake' s... 8 hr Italy repeat 7 yr... 1
News The world's deadliest earthquakes since 2000 8 hr repeat 7 years later 1
News Preliminary 6.7 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Ce... (Apr '09) 9 hr repeat 7 years later 5
More from around the web