HK opposes Sichuan quake aid over cor...

HK opposes Sichuan quake aid over corruption fears

There are 34 comments on the Seattle Times story from Apr 24, 2013, titled HK opposes Sichuan quake aid over corruption fears. In it, Seattle Times reports that:

Hong Kong lawmakers fiercely opposed a plan Wednesday to donate money to a Chinese provincial government for earthquake victims, underlining widespread public concerns about mainland corruption.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Guangzhou, China

#23 Apr 26, 2013
Hi der wrote:
Topix, and most sites online work fine here.
We aren't using VPN's dumbass notice the location listed under our names? The way computers/the internet works is this site gets our geoip data from our IP address.

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

#24 Apr 26, 2013
Lucifer wrote:
No, its bloacked nearly everywhere. They are using VPN's bought by the state to mask their identitities. You an have your IP in just about any location you wish that way. There is a documented state sponsored effort to refute and comment on all China related posts in international media. The CCP believes that this will in some way correct foriegners' wrong headed thinking.
Notice the difference when VPN is on?

Schmuck. And don't insinuate that I'm a Chinaman just because I have been living in their country.
OCCUPY TIANNANMEN

Port Moody, Canada

#26 Apr 26, 2013
Lucifer wrote:
No, its bloacked nearly everywhere. They are using VPN's bought by the state to mask their identitities. You an have your IP in just about any location you wish that way. There is a documented state sponsored effort to refute and comment on all China related posts in international media. The CCP believes that this will in some way correct foriegners' wrong headed thinking.
Yes, the CCP are lying, scummy criminals.

Giving anything towards anything controlled by the corrupt CCP is always a mistake.

It would likely be used to hire thugs to beat the grieving parents of children killed in badly-constructed-due-to-CCP-c orruption-schools just like the last time!

See the lying Chinese Communist Party scumbags above trying to bizarrely change the subject or blame "the US and UK" for the FACT that the Chinese Communist Party is HATED in Hong Kong DUE TO ITS OWN INCOMPETENCE and INABILITY TO TOLERATE AN OPEN SOCIETY and due to its CRUDE, THUGGISH, CRIMINAL DICTATORSHIP?

Poor China.
Communism is future

Podgorica, Montenegro

#27 Apr 26, 2013
Chinese people do NOT need Democracy!
Communism is FAILURE

Surrey, Canada

#28 Apr 26, 2013
Everybody on earth needs DEMOCRACY, stupid!

It is the FUTURE!

Dying Stalinist swindles like that of the Chinese Communist Party are ALMOST ALL GONE! COLLAPSED! FAILED! EVERYWHERE!

Even Traitor Wen Jia Bao said so in one of his insincere swindles meant to deceive the Chinese people! Wen said "The Chinese people have a sincere desire for DEMOCRACY."

So you must HATE the Chinese people and want them to follow a FAILED AND DYING garbage theory proven wrong everywhere it has been tried?

How MEAN!
Communism is FUTURE

Podgorica, Montenegro

#29 Apr 26, 2013
Communism is FAILURE wrote:
It is the FUTURE!
Dying Stalinist swindles like that of the Chinese Communist Party are ALMOST ALL GONE! COLLAPSED! FAILED! EVERYWHERE!
Even Traitor Wen Jia Bao said so in one of his insincere swindles meant to deceive the Chinese people! Wen said "The Chinese people have a sincere desire for DEMOCRACY."
So you must HATE the Chinese people and want them to follow a FAILED AND DYING garbage theory proven wrong everywhere it has been tried?
How MEAN!
No one need 'Democracy'!!
Democracy is lie!!
You EVIL Capitalist Greedy Pigs!!
Go lick the ass of AMERICA if you want!

People will WAKE UP and reject Democracy-Hipocracy one day!!

Capitalist Pigs!!!

I hope North Korea NUKE America!!!!!
Art of robber

Thailand

#30 May 6, 2013
Hongkong offer Donation to japanese but oppose to Chinese .
Treacherous let go to Canada and other Country
Art of robber

Thailand

#31 May 6, 2013
I Love China
I buy HTC
Art of robber

Thailand

#32 May 6, 2013
Go out of Diayou
Surround Diaou
Boycott Japan
Let Sharp loss Billion dallAr
I will buy Hier Lenovo
Chinese Granit
Chinese Smart phone
Get out Zen Uniqlo Sony
Art of robber

Thailand

#33 May 6, 2013
Even China is Not communist.
Still are US and its Ally such as Japan the enemy of Chima.
Art of robber

Thailand

#34 May 6, 2013
Chineses should Immigrant into Malasia to increase voter as the government allow
Muslim from Indonesia to vote.
Art of robber

Thailand

#35 May 6, 2013
Go out japan
Art of robber

Thailand

#36 May 6, 2013
Chinese must not be interdependent with japan.
Chinese bright students must use all vital energy
To develop all fold of technology to battle with japan .boycott boycott cut off Japanese cars
Let Sharp loss loss loss loss
Nissan fall 70% to completely stop buying
CORRUPT STUPID CCP

Port Moody, Canada

#38 May 6, 2013
Communism is FUTURE wrote:
<quoted text>No one need 'Democracy'!!
Democracy is lie!!
You EVIL Capitalist Greedy Pigs!!
Go lick the ass of AMERICA if you want!
People will WAKE UP and reject Democracy-Hipocracy one day!!
Capitalist Pigs!!!
I hope North Korea NUKE America!!!!!

It is the FUTURE!

How MEAN!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Higher Arctic Temperatures Likely to Shift Glob... 8 hr Embarrass NM 1
News Legalize marijuana in W.Va.? Mon dumb asses 6
News Volcano blows hole in global warming fight (Oct '10) Mar 19 Volcano 10
News Bridgeport shrugs off snow Mar 19 Monica 6
News Toxic Dust from a Dying California Lake (May '16) Mar 19 oc native 2
News Trump Tremors Will Cause Cracks in California's... Mar 18 Solarman 1
News Blizzards in the time of Trump Mar 18 America Gentleman... 6
More from around the web