No more pause: Warming will be non-st...

No more pause: Warming will be non-stop from now on

There are 37 comments on the New Scientist story from Aug 31, 2014, titled No more pause: Warming will be non-stop from now on. In it, New Scientist reports that:

Enjoy the pause in global warming while it lasts, because it's probably the last one we will get this century.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Scientist.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Thinker

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Sep 1, 2014
Enjoy it???
My gas bills have been through the roof do to below average temps the Last Three Winters. This coming winter is predicted to be just as bad. Oh, and just a side note: here-100° highs are now a thing of the past.

IF warming returns ...most of the US and Europe will join me in celebration.

Of course some people living in the deserts of The Western U.S. may not feel the same way.
Thinker

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Sep 1, 2014
"do" = due
JMWinPR

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#3 Sep 1, 2014
Due to age I doubt that I'll live much past the mid 30's. So doc, I'll offer a small wager, put some numbers to your generalizations, for 10 yr increments. Let me peruse them, and I'll bet you $100 in 2014 dollars you're wrong. What your new numbers are will determine how much error I'll allow you to have.
JMWinPR

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

#4 Sep 1, 2014
Oh, you can't use numbers from IPCC, NASA or U Penn. They have all been shown to manipulate numbers to suit their predictions. You know lie to me once shame on you, lie twice...............
Random Dude

Qrendi, Malta

#5 Sep 1, 2014
This unanticipated "pause" shows they know nothing, why should anyone believe a word they say.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#6 Sep 1, 2014
Random Dude wrote:
This unanticipated "pause" shows they know nothing, why should anyone believe a word they say.
There's no pause.

You don't have to believe anything what scientists say. Afterall, you already believe a man-god in the sky, a dead santa who visits your kids on one day, etc.

Science is settled on AGW aka man-made global climate change. Predictions are useless unless you want to take action against fossil fuel burning.

If you are not willing to learn more, then keep out of the way.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7 Sep 1, 2014
JMWinPR wrote:
Oh, you can't use numbers from IPCC, NASA or U Penn. They have all been shown to manipulate numbers to suit their predictions. You know lie to me once shame on you, lie twice..........
Science is solid. If you have a beef, publish it in science journals.

Otherwise, you are out of your league, bye.
The Anti-Muhammad

Melbourne, Australia

#8 Sep 1, 2014
The same website reckons Dinosaurs shrank to become birds
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25982-d...
Mossad

Spring Mountain, Australia

#9 Sep 2, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
IPCC recent report stated NO lower troposphere temperature increase for over 20 years and no surface increase for 17 years. Yet they say we have global warming. How do you say science solid when IPCC can't keep straight story.
Lowprofile

Colonel Light Gardens, Australia

#10 Sep 2, 2014
Mossad wrote:
<quoted text>
IPCC recent report stated NO lower troposphere temperature increase for over 20 years and no surface increase for 17 years. Yet they say we have global warming. How do you say science solid when IPCC can't keep straight story.
Spaceballs has never let the facts get in the way of it's crazy rantings!
JMWinPR

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#11 Sep 2, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
Put your money where your mouth is. BTW, science is the wrong tool to discover or refute global warming. If data collection and manipulation, followed by computer simulations worked, you could use the same procedure to predict stock market fluctuations.
Oh, and which journal should I use? The one from Holland where the researcher created his own data as well as the peers who reviewed it? Or how about Scientific American, the one that excoriated the Wright Brothers and later in the '60's took on the folks who were in the process of proving plate tectonics?
SpaceBlues?? Space is black, people like you are one the reasons we no longer have a space program and must piggy back on the Russians when they're in the mood.
Bye

“world is a beautiful mosaic”

Since: Nov 11

Sydney, Australia

#12 Sep 2, 2014
Why are they so gloomy?

Why not focus on ways to mitigate the damage?

Just another means via which some institutions use to maintain their relevance.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#13 Sep 2, 2014
Mossad wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no mystery. You just don't read about the truth and facts.

Antarctic coastal waters 'rising faster'

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-2...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#14 Sep 2, 2014
Any relevant science journal would do. My list starts with Nature and Science.
Plato

France

#15 Sep 2, 2014
What a silly assertion. There is no evidence that climate change is man made and there is no anomaly in the long term record.

If you can sit down for a few minutes why not listen to a comprehensive overview by geologist Bob Carter of so called climate change.

Here, start by watching this:

Do I need to remind you that the liars said there was going to be an ice age in the 70s...guess what, caused by humans of course.

The fact is there has always been climate change - and CO2 levels were far higher in the past, when in fact temperatures were cooler. There is simply no correlation between CO2 and temperature, other than the correlation that clearly shows that CO2 lags temperature rise. This occurs because as the temperature increases, more CO2 is released from the ocean.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Saint Kilda, Australia

#17 Sep 2, 2014
Plato wrote:
Why follow liars - just think for yourself.
In that case no one should follow you.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/T6...

Saint Kilda, Australia

#18 Sep 2, 2014
Plato wrote:
Why follow liars - just think for yourself.
Again, in that case no one should follow you.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TQ...
Faith

United States

#20 Sep 2, 2014
Good! I fckn hate winter.

Saint Kilda, Australia

#21 Sep 2, 2014
Plato wrote:
I don't think what I said is a lie - I think you are a Jew.
Plato wrote:
I don't want anyone to follow me - I'm not a self absorbed narcissist.
What have we here!?

Lying about lying. Two lies for the price of one!

No one can ever accuse you of being confused when all you are is villainously dishonest.

Oh, and untruthful also.

:)
litesong

Everett, WA

#22 Sep 2, 2014
thinker unthunk wrote:
My gas bills have been through the roof do to below average temps the Last Three Winters.
"thinker unthunk" don't thunk much. AGW has forced lots of warm fronts into the winter NP pole region, which then, forces cold Arctic fronts south, onto Canada & the U.S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The autism epidemic is rising steadily in Ameri... 12 hr friend 9
News 7 things about vaccines and autism that the mov... 13 hr friend 2
News Fires in Nopiming Provincial Park double in siz... 15 hr May 1
News David Suzuki: Feeding humanity in a warming world 15 hr Talkin To Real Am... 2
News Dayton Hamvention 2016, Day 3: Sunshine and Ser... Mon Bob 1
News Fire calls: April 28 - May 4 (May '14) Mon Who Started Alta ... 5
News They Shot a Baby Named MiracleBy Michael Daly May 23 binaries 1
More from around the web