Ariz. tour bus driver may face 'stupi...

Ariz. tour bus driver may face 'stupid motorist' charge

There are 1 comment on the Marshfield News-Herald story from Jul 29, 2013, titled Ariz. tour bus driver may face 'stupid motorist' charge. In it, Marshfield News-Herald reports that:

The driver of a Las Vegas-bound tour bus that flipped over in a flooded wash near Kingman after a trip to the Grand Canyon Skywalk may be charged under Arizona's "Stupid Motorist Law," authorities said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marshfield News-Herald.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Jul 31, 2013
Interesting:

I do like the idea of a "stupid motorist" law particularly as regards fine issues. seems better overall than all those speed cams where the flashy thingy goes off at 10Mph lower than the (suddenly absent) reminder disc speed limit postings that were there before the speed camera went up.

Stupid motorists tend to be obvious (usually because the car is stationary & in need of repairs & the immediate aftermath).

This case would result in a minor driver fine at most as the driver was following a car weighing less then his coach over a washover after a thunderstorm. In a stupid driver case the car would have been the washout victim & the coach driver a spectator. Appears in his case that a pulse + debris flow broadsided the coach while it was crossing the washover sheet.

Have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton proposes new federal fund to combat Zik... 6 hr USA Today 35
News Criminal complaint details brutal slaying of Ne... 8 hr buypolar 1
News Mobile homes returning to Louisiana after deadl... 9 hr WeTheSheeple 8
News Our Opinion: Resources needed for addiction fight Wed junkies are scum 1
News California firefighters stretched thin as blaze... Wed Clinton Fire 1
News Deadly earthquake in Italy claims dozens of lives Wed fukuda 1
News West Virginia city swamped by overdoses, as nat... Wed southern at heart 2
More from around the web