Doctors Without Borders: Deplorable C...

Doctors Without Borders: Deplorable Conditions for Cholera Patients in Haiti

There are 4 comments on the Common Dreams story from Mar 12, 2013, titled Doctors Without Borders: Deplorable Conditions for Cholera Patients in Haiti. In it, Common Dreams reports that:

March 12 - A lack of funds and supplies has crippled cholera treatment programs in Haiti , leading to unnecessary deaths and increasing the risk of greater outbreaks during the upcoming rainy season, the international medical humanitarian organization Doctors Without Borders/Mdecins Sans Frontires said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Common Dreams.

United States

#1 Mar 12, 2013
Where is the President of Haiti? Children are dying of cholera and he should not be afraid to express his outrage towards the UN via media outlets. We are all aware that the UN is responsible for this crisis and the great humanitarian organization that they are has once again decided to turn their backs on dying children. They were prepared to drop $500 million into the hands of Assad of Syria but Haiti's poor get handed a death sentence. What was their crime? Drinking the water!

United States

#2 Mar 12, 2013
The UN hangs around Haiti like the last guest to leave the party. They don't want to help clean up, they don't want to leave, and they do want to keep consuming your alcohol until it's all gone. The UN is a pest bearing pestilence; cholera, specifically. Ban Ki Moon is a jellyfish that goes where the wave takes him. I would rather have Sponge Bob Square Pants running the UN circus than that sea snot.
Nadim Salomon

Ardsley, NY

#4 Mar 13, 2013
It is very clear that the UN introduced cholera in Haiti. At the very beginning a vaccination program could have reduced the number of cases but the UN was more interested in a cover up. The organization acted cowardly by invoking the claim of immunity. The UN should take responsibility and compensate the victims. President Martelly should blast the UN response to the cholera epidemic and demand compensation without delay.

Nadim Salomon, MD

Hurst, TX

#5 Mar 15, 2013
I am traveling to Haiti in less than 3 weeks. Maybe things will improve?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Water shortages will put 5 billion people at ri... 3 hr Enough Already 18
News New Mexico produces less chile in 2017 Wed Tinman 5
News Slog AM: Bill Gates' Closed-Door Trump Meeting,... Mar 16 Southern Baptist 1
News California needs new laws to boost earthquake s... Mar 15 Solarman 5
News Cause of Mr. Thom's fire doesn't surface quickly (Jul '08) Mar 11 christo 10
News Around Alamo: Residents see recent quakes as re... Mar 11 thedoctorisin 1
News The Deadly Flow of Opioids Mar 11 P Man 4