Information gag is wrong - journalist...

Information gag is wrong - journalists have duty to report in public interest

There are 1 comment on the South China Morning Post story from Jul 16, 2014, titled Information gag is wrong - journalists have duty to report in public interest. In it, South China Morning Post reports that:

In 2003, Chinese government gagged the state-run press for months to prevent the true SARS story from being revealed, before finally unleashing the media to report more freely on the epidemic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South China Morning Post.

stan the man

Espanola, Canada

#1 Jul 18, 2014
IT'S ACTS LIKE THESE THAT ALLOW SOME OF THESE FATAL DISEASES TO SPREAD AND BECOME A WORLD EPIDEMIC. IF WE ALL SHARE ALL OF OUR INFORMATION ; POSSIBLY WE COULD KEEP SOME OF THESE TERRIBLE EPIDEMICS FROM HAPPENING. COVER-UPS NEVER WORK FOR ANYTHING, THEY ALWAYS MAKE IT WORSE AND YOU WILL COME OUT LOOKING LIKE AN A__HOLE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay man legally donates blood after a year with... 3 hr Pardon Me 18
News Chicago's lame winter - is Canada to blame? 18 hr maybe 1
News Which emits more carbon dioxide: volcanoes or h... (Jul '16) 19 hr Nick10 3
News Global warming made Paris floods far more likel... (Jun '16) Tue Calvin 146
News Obesity in dogs sparks epidemic of canine arthr... Tue LIFELONG IMMUNITY 1
News Clinton Inc exposed for what it was Mon Ahahahahahaha 1
News Recycled wastewater to give Los Angeles County ... (Nov '15) Jan 16 Dudley 6
More from around the web