How to Declare War on the New HIV Epi...

How to Declare War on the New HIV Epidemic

There are 700 comments on the www.poz.com story from Jul 15, 2013, titled How to Declare War on the New HIV Epidemic. In it, www.poz.com reports that:

The AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power marched through cheering crowds at the historic New York City Pride Parade on June 30, 2013, to declare an HIV prevention emergency that threatens the health of the young queer community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.poz.com.

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#65 Jul 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Just fine. I'm not a Christian. I'm not bound by such claims nor worried about "folks". I'm simply not going to sit back and watch some pea-brained idiot give others advice that may kill them.
Stop acting like a judgmental Christian then.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#67 Jul 17, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope folks take heed to what you state. CDC isn't being honest with people IMO.
Well, hon, not all opinions are created equal, or you would have your brain surgery done by your neighbor's kid.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#69 Jul 18, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop acting like a judgmental Christian then.
No, I'm not acting like one of you. Interestingly enough, one of YOU has encouraged and promoted another suicide. Good Job.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-shore/anti...

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#70 Jul 18, 2013
Hitterman wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=8YmOGJ8tDV g ……… D.U.M.A Defended Unaccepted Marriage Act
stupid

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#71 Jul 18, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm not acting like one of you. Interestingly enough, one of YOU has encouraged and promoted another suicide. Good Job.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-shore/anti...
I am not concerned what homosexuals choose to do, so continue to cast judgement as you seem inclined to do often.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#73 Jul 18, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you homosexual?
Are you a delusional fool?

Am I gay, uh, DUHHHHH! Yep, and LOVING it. Why do you ask, JEALOUS?

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#75 Jul 18, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a delusional fool?

Am I gay, uh, DUHHHHH! Yep, and LOVING it. Why do you ask, JEALOUS?
It was merely a question considering you brought sexual orientation into the discussion when it was not a sort of it.

Palm Springs, California

#76 Jul 18, 2013
Reginald wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think the HomoQueers should be having sex with children in public.
Whatever, SHAWN, oops, REGINALD, or whatever false lying name you use today, LITTLE liar.

Palm Springs, California

#77 Jul 18, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
It was merely a question considering you brought sexual orientation into the discussion when it was not a sort of it.
Ohh, yes, MA'AM. You are absolutely ZERO fun, I am afraid.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#78 Jul 18, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not concerned what homosexuals choose to do, so continue to cast judgement as you seem inclined to do often.
Yeah, I knew you weren't human. You seem to have an issue with being exposed as who you are? Learn to shut your mouth sometime and they won't know you are a frigid cow.
Loulou

Denmark

#79 Jul 18, 2013
This is hilarious .
That's what I've always said cold showers and confessions. And saving the wreath marriage. I have my doublestandards to live up to. Loooool.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#80 Jul 18, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I knew you weren't human. You seem to have an issue with being exposed as who you are? Learn to shut your mouth sometime and they won't know you are a frigid cow.
Please stop projecting.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

#81 Jul 18, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The biggest problem is that the AIDS crisis happened before many of these people were born; it's not real to them. There's also the mindset that we can manage it through drugs. The gay business community needs to once again work to raise awareness; everything from bars to shops to bathhouses needs to be involved in actively getting the word out. Safe sex works; they need to learn how to use it.
No. The biggest problem is nobody wants to say that homosexual behavior is at the root of the whole problem. If homosexuals were monogamy as in "gay marriage" that would help although I am against "gay marriage". "Gay marriage" is legalizing homosexual behavior. Somebody needs to say loudly and clearly that any kind of sex outside marriage is wrong and that it causes HIV/AIDS.

Saint Louis, MO

#82 Jul 18, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>What? I thought you heteros were IMMUNE, in fact I heard your blood is so fine, they are using it as serum. In fact, I heard that they are using your blood at church on Sunday instead of wine, since your hetero blood is clean as Jesus' blood was.
The ONLY way heterosexuals can get HIV is from homosexuals either directly or indirectly. So we would be justified in being very angry at homosexuals, especially their perverted sexual activity.

Saint Louis, MO

#83 Jul 18, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want me to help you castrate yourself, like Klingsor or a member of a 19th century Russian sect? Abstinence and celibacy are not a natural state of being for adults. Furthermore, the belief in them as something spiritual is hardly universal - among religions it is primarily found in Christianity and Buddhism alonmg with some Hindus. Other religions, whatever their traditional view on gays are, reject the idea of celibacy and monasticism. Judaism and Zorastrianism are especially scornful of these.
Islam does not encourage homosexual behavior. For us it is generally not an issue at all one way or the other. Ideally, marriage between a man and a woman is encouraged and extramarital sex of any kind is discouraged.

Saint Louis, MO

#84 Jul 18, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, really, and adult heteros NEVER have more than one partner, huh? How fascinating! I guess all of you are as pious and pure as the driven snow on Liberty Avenue.
That's right. More than one partner is not the norm. More than one partner is acceptable ONLY is cases of spousal death or legal divorce. Why is that so hard to understand? So a person should remarry if he is single for those reasons. But he should not engage in any kind of "free sex" involving multiple partners.

Saint Louis, MO

#85 Jul 18, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
One can discipline oneself to not engage in behavior that can lead to HIV, etc.
That is the whole point" self-discipline based on a sense of sexual morality. Thank you for saying that. We need to voice that more often and more loudly especially in the African Community.

Saint Louis, MO

#86 Jul 18, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Monogamy is wonderful. Try it!
It is the best sex I ever had. Perverts and liberals do not know what they are missing.

Saint Louis, MO

#87 Jul 18, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Since all sexual behaviors can lead to HIV or the etc, your idea is one that the first generation that takes it up is guaranteed to be the last. Since all but a very, very few us come with a very natural instinct to be sexual, be it with our opposite sex, same sex or some degree another to both, the better response is to teach folk how to be responsible with that instinct and the discipline necessary in that. Hoping and even legislating that folk keep their hands and other body parts to themselves, a noble idea, too bad it has never, ever worked.
All sex does not lead to HIV. The ONLY sex that leads to HIV is male homosexual behavior.

Saint Louis, MO

#88 Jul 18, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>While there are many reasons to encourage and even reward monogamy, it isn't the only option on the menu. There are those who find plural relationships of various sorts to be perfectly wonderful too.
Rather than say monogamy, it is better to simple say MARRIAGE. If a man has four wives and none of them has sex outside their marriage, obviously they will not be exposed to HIV or any other STD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 4 hr Mitts Gold Taliblets 13
News Residents line up to see wildfire-ravaged city;... 11 hr Cordwainer Trout 3
News How Northeast Mississippi farmers, scientists a... Sun Short sight 1
News Sevierville church sells trees for wildfire vic... Sun kim kardashian 2
News PHOTOS: Flood of Illegal Aliens Continues at Bo... Sat tomin cali 1
News Cushing Denied Disaster Assistance After Novemb... Dec 1 stanforj 2
News Pay more for Columbia River, minister tells U.S. (Oct '14) Dec 1 Enough 2
More from around the web