How to Declare War on the New HIV Epidemic

Jul 15, 2013 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.poz.com

The AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power marched through cheering crowds at the historic New York City Pride Parade on June 30, 2013, to declare an HIV prevention emergency that threatens the health of the young queer community.

Comments
541 - 560 of 700 Comments Last updated Nov 8, 2013

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Sounds like an excellent reason to nuke those savages. Scum like that deserve no respect.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what we are going to do in Africa:
"On 15 May 2008, Jammeh announced that his government would introduce legislation that would set laws against homosexuals that would be "stricter than those in Iran", and that he would "cut off the head" of any gay or lesbian person discovered in the country.[21] News reports indicated his government intended to execute all homosexuals in the country.[21] In the speech given in Tallinding, Jammeh gave a "final ultimatum" to any gays or lesbians in the Gambia to leave the country." ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahya_Jammeh#Hom... )

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Honey, you have no fu**ing CHANCE of criminalizing homosexuality. As for it being spread by "bisexual men", the fact is that you hets are doing a marvelous job spreading it all on your own.

Children are "potentially dangerous to society"; let's outlaw them too.
Jiggz29 wrote:
That's funny I used to view homosexuality as a personal moral problem but since the HIV epidemic in African American community usually spread by bisexual men I now see that it has a way more dangerously profound effect on the community. If the gatemen king contract HIV can infect women with it on knowingly then they are potentially dangerous to society I'm not gonna go as far as to criminalize homosexual sexuality. But I do understand with the Africans are you doing but I don't entirely disagree.
We all know it

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY "safe sex" is non-homosexual sex.
You should practice it or if you have sex with your partner Abdurratln you should have safe sex.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

The sex offender registry is a joke. There are guys who had sex with a 16yo when they were 18...ooohhhhhhh, big threat to society! One crime does not mean the perp will re-offend, but they have to deal with restrictions all their lives. Even if wrongly convicted and exonerated, they sometimes cannot get off the list. It has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with social vengeance.

Wow...so the government should force everyone to get tested? I guess that whole privacy issue and right to be secure in their own person means nothing in the face of your fear.
Jiggz29 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you feel the same way about the sex offender registry huh. You now what it's a proactive measure these no false sense of security when you look up someone's HIV status. Yes I'm full aware that there are people out there that are HIV-positive and unaware. I believe that when people get out of prison itshould be mandatory that they take a HIV test, and if infected be put on the list.
The government should require people to take a HIV test before seeking medical attention from the most minor to major medical issue hospital should require people to take a HIV test. That would eliminate the problem of people being unaware of the HIV status.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Again: Why are you here if it's so great in the muslim countries? Or do you prefer the benefits of the non-muslim world while avoiding the pitfalls and lack of freedom?
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
I was looking for the more recent article in which His Excellency said that he was going to lock all homosexuals up in quarantined section of the prison. But, that article is suddenly not easy to find. That is why I had to go all the way back to 2008.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

I too would prefer that african gays live here, rather than be further subjected to african primitivism and superstition.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
As has suffered a great due to allowing homosexual tourists in. They deliberately infected African women. This is why you see a constant theme coming out of Africa that homosexual conduct is a threat to women. It is that simply. So in order to protect women, we have decided to limit homosexual tourists and visitors to Africa. We do not need them. And we certainly do not want them at the expense of our sisters. Even those who are already in Africa, African homosexuals themselves are being asked to leave. We would nothing better than to see black homosexuals all sent to New York or London. That way we would not have to spend our limited public financing to house and feed them in jails all over Africa. If the white man was such a great humanitarian as he likes to claim to be, he would open his borders to our black "gay community" so that we would not be tempted to violate their human rights.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Freedom and intellectual advancement are also at.01% there.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
The "safest sex guideline" is the one we have in the Muslim countries where HIV can be lower than .01%. And that "safe sex guideline" is not to have any sex whatsoever outside marriage. Good-bye homosexual conduct.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

When the facts don't fit your theory, the facts must be discarded. We get it. You're a fundie and a moron.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Magic Johnson is a homosexual of some type. Call it "bisexual" if it will help you to understand better. He even passed homosexuality on to his son, just as Obama is passing it on to his girls.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

In a sense, you're right. There is no god, so god=0.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
Look. GOD is the Source. How did the Arabs learn it? They learned by Word of mouth passed down over thousands of years. Where did they learn it? They learned it in Africa. We know almost for a fact that Africans had zero in our culture as far down as Zimbabwe. Where did humanity, civilization and religion come from? Africa, according to science.
But science is clearly limited. How did Revelation of Zero occur? Science does not answer that question. But we can get hints from the Bible and from The Quran. I do not pretend that I understand everything about GOD and Revelation. Nobody does. We do not need to know everything. I do not think humanity is ready to know everything. But logic takes us back to Africa. That is where I am focused right now. So, do not waste my time by dissing Africa.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Clearly not; the syphilis your father gave your mother is obviously manifesting in your mental capacity.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY "safe sex" is non-homosexual sex.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Freedom and intellectual advancement are also at.01% there.
<quoted text>
B-word, you would not even know what .0 is if we had not taught you.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Didn't answer the question. I'm going to assume it's because life is better here outside your precious muslim backwaters.

Nowhere near all gays have HIV; your fantasies are keeping you from seeing reality.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not get close to anybody who is not a clean Muslim whether they live in this country or anywhere else in the world. No matter where Muslims live, we do not have HIV. All homosexuals HAVE IT OR WILL GET IT IN THER LIFETIMES.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

You're an idiot. You created the integer "0", not the concept of "nothing." Other mathematical systems used other means to denote the concept. Even by your standards, your people haven't come up with anything in over a millennium.
Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
B-word, you would not even know what .0 is if we had not taught you.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Can't die from something you don't have, sweetcheeks. Just like you'll never die of intelligence.
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
You amaze me. Figured you'd done succumbed to the AIDS virus by now.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
You amaze me. Figured you'd done succumbed to the AIDS virus by now.
not amusing. Actually in horrible taste. Proud of yourself?

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
At age 30, 30% are HIV positive. At age 50, 50% are HIV positive. If they reach the age of 100, 100% will be HIV positive. But most will be dead before they even reach the age of 50. That is not a pretty picture. But I am not saying to dissuade homosexuals from committing suicide. I am saying this for the benefit of normal people, heterosexual people. If you let your guard and be nice to homosexuals, they will kill you too. Take a page from the book of the Muslim countries and African counties who are kicking "gay" people out of their countries and sending them to Jew York and London.
Does that mean if I live to one thousand years old that one thousand percent will be HIV?

LIAR. Check the stats on African American men. They got PLENTY of HIV. Better stock up on condoms. Why am I trying to protect YOUR worthless ass? I just don't want my precious insurance premiums to rise to treat you at some conty hospital.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
At age 30, 30% are HIV positive. At age 50, 50% are HIV positive. If they reach the age of 100, 100% will be HIV positive. But most will be dead before they even reach the age of 50. That is not a pretty picture. But I am not saying to dissuade homosexuals from committing suicide. I am saying this for the benefit of normal people, heterosexual people. If you let your guard and be nice to homosexuals, they will kill you too. Take a page from the book of the Muslim countries and African counties who are kicking "gay" people out of their countries and sending them to Jew York and London.
Pack up your scanty clothes and MOVE to Africa. Please, I'll send you some cash if it gets your UNGRATEFUL ass out of this wonderful country. PS, on THAT flight, you might want to leave out the bomb in your underpants.

“Black In Public,Black Out Loud”

Since: Mar 13

Black And Proud

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Honey, I've had mt legs spread more often than a can-can dancer, and I too have never had an STD. Safe sex is a useful skill to learn.
<quoted text>
Safe sex isn't always safe it doesn't matter if you open or close your legs , there are some STD/I that can spread even if you wear a condom.
Some STD/Is spread by oral sex or by skin contact like HPV. That's you and who knows you might be lucky like the minority , that not the same situation for other people which are the majority.

“Black In Public,Black Out Loud”

Since: Mar 13

Black And Proud

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>How about using a condom? What's so hard about that?
Erm.. skin to skin contact can spread STD/I too condoms don't protect you from everything.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>THEY invented algebra? Oh, great, talk about a weapon of mass destruction! I was the dumbest math student on earth and still shudder at the thought of Y=3!!! I don't get it to this day, either.
I have heard about how liberal and cool that Muslims were in other days, far more than some of the western folks behaved, but since those days are over and done, I am afraid that it is not going to be an easy ride from here on in.
Not just the high school kind. They probably knew somewhat about group theory and fractals, as the arabesque decorations of mosques seem to demonstrate a knowledge of this. Not sure how they got so dumbed down as to follow fundamentalism but I would guess it has something to do with the loss of empire.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boy hurt in magnitude-6.0 Napa earthquake: a I ... 2 hr John Fowler 2
Possible tornado captured on video 2 hr HILLSBURGH 1
Severe thunderstorm warning ended for western M... 2 hr HILLSBURGH 1
Developing News: Cracks in the Glacier - Possib... 3 hr Hope 1
Global warming risks being irreversible, draft ... 4 hr SpaceBlues 4
Napa quake damage to private homes, businesses ... 4 hr Wine 1
Southwest U. S. may face 'megadrought' this cen... 4 hr SpaceBlues 5
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••