How to Declare War on the New HIV Epidemic

Jul 15, 2013 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.poz.com

The AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power marched through cheering crowds at the historic New York City Pride Parade on June 30, 2013, to declare an HIV prevention emergency that threatens the health of the young queer community.

Comments (Page 26)

Showing posts 501 - 520 of700
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
Rick, sorry, but neither the Western nor Eastern Romans extended their hegemony into the Arabian peninsula.
While their territorial claims never extended that far, their influence and presence was undoubtedly felt throughout the region, cutting them off by land as they did.
snyper wrote:
At the time of the first sack of Jerusalem, many fled eastward across the Jordan, and moved along trade routes, even creating new ones. At the time that Mohammad was a boy, there were several sects of Judaism living in his home town, and still others in other locations around. Medina had a community descended from the remnant followers of John the Baptist. Mecca had three variants of Phariseeism, and not a few Cohenim, though most of those traveled northeast, settling around the Black Sea and further north. Around Mecca, there were remnants of Ebionites and Nasoreans, most of whom had incorporated gnosticism from contact with surrounding cultures by that time.
The Jews and their written teachings had been emigrating throughout the region long before they were driven off en mass by the Romans the last time. It's how their one God became the basis for both Christianity and Islam, because those were stories that even non-Jews had been made familiar with.

Since: Mar 13

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

How about people trying to keep their legs closed, it worked me and i'm STD/I free. what's so hard about not being promiscuous.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Jiggz29 wrote:
(nothing worth repeating)
What will actually be more helpful to everyone concerned would be a registration data base of those who spread false and malicious information about HIV/AIDS and those with it. People need to know who these dangerous idiots are.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Jiggz29 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I don't appreciate your sarcasm on such a serious subject no the list won't be posted in bars,clubs and dating sites it will be a website you type your partners name and social and guess what if their not HIV positive they will not be on the list it will be private between you and your sexual partner.
But you do not address the large fraction of undiagnosed HIV+ people--carriers who are in the most infectious period.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The Qur'an was written in the first half of the 7th Century and contains bits and pieces of both Judaism and Christianity,
Show me ONE Sentence, ONE Verse taken from the Bible.
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>While there was no longer a "Jewish" state anywhere in the mix, there were still plenty of them around to learn from.
Actually it were the Jewish who were learning from Muslims or should have been learning from Muslims. Muslims protected them in Medina. And the Constitution of Medina was written in part as a document to protect Jews. It was the first constitution in history. israel still does not have a constitution which is why it is not a legitimate modern state.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Jiggz29 wrote:
The best why to declare war is to acknowledge that there are many problems when trying to stop the infection of HIV. HIV once was a gay decease and then it because just a decease any one could get from all ethnic backgrounds .
Despite the propaganda lies, it is still a homosexual disease because the primary source of every transmission is anal sex. It will always be a homosexual disease no matter how many times you deny it. Homosexuals are the ONLY group that can be expected to have every single members become HIV positive in a lifetime.

Jiggz29 wrote:
Today HIV is now a black decease and way is that? Because our Community leaders do not see it as a epidemic within our communities the spread of HIV is largely due to have sexual sex not homosexual sex today within the African American community.
That is a lie. It is virtually impossible for a man to catch HIV from a woman. There are rare exceptions to the rule. But basically, as a rule of thumb. women do not transmit HIV to men.
Jiggz29 wrote:
It's not that people are not using condoms is that people are not coming forth and being honest about their status. Many young man get lock up and then spend a couple years in prison come out with HIV and will not revile their status to their partner.
It is from homosexual behavior inside the jails.
Jiggz29 wrote:
This is why I'm in favor of a list people infected with HIV should have to register.
They are worse than pedophiles and that sort of things. I am in favor of locking them up. We could write a law the exempts women and IV drug users. Within a couple of years, HIV would be under control because it would be confined to the prisons. And no one who is HIV positive should be allowed to leave prison.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Honey, I've had mt legs spread more often than a can-can dancer, and I too have never had an STD. Safe sex is a useful skill to learn.
Transition wrote:
How about people trying to keep their legs closed, it worked me and i'm STD/I free. what's so hard about not being promiscuous.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Who the hell is going to hand out their SSN to someone they are dating or picking up? This kind of thing will do nothing more than discourage people from getting tested.
Jiggz29 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I don't appreciate your sarcasm on such a serious subject no the list won't be posted in bars,clubs and dating sites it will be a website you type your partners name and social and guess what if their not HIV positive they will not be on the list it will be private between you and your sexual partner.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

The public can't avoid getting pregnant either, by those standards. Should we have a "slut list"?

The government is not there to regulate the lives of the people. It's not there to take over responsibility for the people.
Jiggz29 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay in over the past 25 to 30 years we've come to London the general public isn't responsible enough to pretty much practice safe sex even with all the education on HIV and other STDs and with that accessibility of condoms still the HIV rate in African American community has risen not drop.
That's why we have a government and leaders to think for the general public because the general public is incapable of gratifying these problems collectively.
Anybody want to come down the personal responsibility most people and not thinking of a retirement know that's why Social Security is so important. Because the government actually ensures people will save for their retirement by forcibly taking it out of their check ever week or two weeks.
So don't give me a crap about personal responsibility because the general public doesn't know know such a thing or do they practice it.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Abdurratln wrote:
Same phaggs different day.
Considering that my question was "why you have obsessed about nothing else for the last week?", meaning talk non-stop about same sex sexual behavior which you claim disturbs you. This strikes me as a really stupid answer.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, even you cannot possibly be that ignorant, there are a number of Jewish works and later Christian stories which were adapted into the Qur'an. All are very similar to their originals and would have been familiar to most folk, even among those who weren't Jewish or Christian. Sorry.
How do you know? Have you ever Read The Quran? Of course not. If you had Read it, you would be able to show me exactly where we took from the Jews and Christians. You would know that there is not One Verse in The Quran taken from the Bible. We deal with the same prophesies, it is true. But, The Quran has a different take on every one of them from the Bible. For example, when The Quran talks about Jesus (Peac3e and Blessings be upon him), It does not say he was crucified. It says that Jesus did not die on the cross.
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>First however, it was the Arabs who learned from the Jews about this one God of theirs, then they learned from the Christians that there was more than one possible way to serve this one God.
No. We do not Believe that there is more than One Way. We Believe that there is Only One Way.

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The Arab peoples also learned from the Sumerians, various Greeks, Assyrians, Romans, Phoenicians, Indians, Chinese, Carthaginians, Africans and every other group they had been in contact with over the centuries and the Qur'an contains bits and pieces of all that knowledge.
The Arabs traveled around the world and learned from every culture. But Muslims traveled around the world and taught Islam in very culture. We did not so much as learn from as to teach The Truth to them.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Considering that my question was "why you have obsessed about nothing else for the last week?", meaning talk non-stop about same sex sexual behavior which you claim disturbs you. This strikes me as a really stupid answer.
I have not mentioned "same sex" anything even once. That is not my language at all. I have been talking about HIV and how it is transmitted and how to control it.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Abdurratln wrote:
How do you know?
It's called learning. You might want to try it at some point.
Abdurratln wrote:
Have you ever Read The Quran? Of course not.
I've read at it, not the easiest thing in the world to read in English. I have however learned much about it from other sources, I've even had Muslim friends over the years.
Abdurratln wrote:
If you had Read it, you would be able to show me exactly where we took from the Jews and Christians.
Adam & Hawwaa, Qabil $ Habil, Nuh, Ibrahim & his nephew Lut, Moses, Jesus, Mary, Zacharia, John the Baptist. You're the one who has read the book, you telling me those influences AREN'T in there? Please.
Abdurratln wrote:
You would know that there is not One Verse in The Quran taken from the Bible.
I didn't say God was that lazy dear, he told the Prophet versions of their stories, hence their influence is in it.
Abdurratln wrote:
We deal with the same prophesies, it is true. But, The Quran has a different take on every one of them from the Bible. For example, when The Quran talks about Jesus (Peac3e and Blessings be upon him), It does not say he was crucified. It says that Jesus did not die on the cross.
Have you ever wondered why? God tells the Prophet that the central precept of the Christian faith, the crucifixion and resurrection, never really happened, after telling him how important he was to God's plans for the future. Christianity had been around for almost 6 centuries at this point. Shouldn't he have told THEM this little secret?
Abdurratln wrote:
No. We do not Believe that there is more than One Way. We Believe that there is Only One Way.
Now if all Muslims would actually agree as to what that one way actually is, you might have something there. In spite of the faith's best efforts to promote the image that you all actually agree with one another on everything, Islam, in many ways, is as fractured as Christianity.
Abdurratln wrote:
The Arabs traveled around the world and learned from every culture. But Muslims traveled around the world and taught Islam in very culture. We did not so much as learn from as to teach The Truth to them.
Whether they want to hear it or not and yet you say you have nothing in common with Christians. You're only praying you know the truth and are acting in accordance the will of God, I know enough about Islam to be able to tell you that. Those of you with an absolute certainty that God is going to agree with you are going to be in for the rudest awakening.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Jiggz29 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey understand about taking personal responsibility and being account for oneself bite my general public is being attacked by epidemic I believe the governments job and concern we is America's got understand that we pay taxes for public officials to govern in the governments job is to do what's best for the people so let out government doing job let them go what did befog a financial crisis or in this case perceive to be a epidemic. What would be the point in having a government if we didn't expect or allow them to govern.
CDC is basically telling the truth about HIV and how it is transmitted. But they tell the truth in such a convoluted manner until if you do not have good reading comprehension skills you will get confused. Although they know how it is transmitted, they are not doing anything at all to prevent transmission of the disease. That is politics. In fact, I think it is politically to write those reposts so tat people cannot understand them They know that they have not taught people, especially black people, how to read.

Government policy s to "find a cure". But a "cure" would be so expensive the average person would not be able to afford it. Obamacare will not solve the problem. You will be triaged no matter what. Plus there will death panels to decide that mostly black people will be allowed to die. Plus, once you get AIDS, so much time will probably be consumed trying to get well, you will have no time left over to go to work and make a living. So, there is no better alternative than to prevent the spread of HIV in the first place.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Jiggz29 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything is said based is speculation basically it's all baseless besides the fact that if there was cure for HIV it'd be so expensive that most poor and minorities would not able to afford it. But this is not about government conspiracies this is about eradicating HIV altogether. Probably the best way eradicate the spread of HIV Would be to quarantine those infected and allow them to die off but we all know that's not happen. So a list is the most realistic preventive measure.
This is what we are going to do in Africa:

"On 15 May 2008, Jammeh announced that his government would introduce legislation that would set laws against homosexuals that would be "stricter than those in Iran", and that he would "cut off the head" of any gay or lesbian person discovered in the country.[21] News reports indicated his government intended to execute all homosexuals in the country.[21] In the speech given in Tallinding, Jammeh gave a "final ultimatum" to any gays or lesbians in the Gambia to leave the country." ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahya_Jammeh#Hom... )

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know? Have you ever Read The Quran? Of course not. If you had Read it, you would be able to show me exactly where we took from the Jews and Christians. You would know that there is not One Verse in The Quran taken from the Bible. We deal with the same prophesies, it is true. But, The Quran has a different take on every one of them from the Bible. For example, when The Quran talks about Jesus (Peac3e and Blessings be upon him), It does not say he was crucified. It says that Jesus did not die on the cross.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yeah, you guys invented "Zero". Big whoop.

Can you tell us ONE thing you have invented since, except underpants bombs and new novel ways to land planes. Instead of flying all the way to the airport, you guys just land the planes RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN..in fact, into buildings. Talk about a time saver and NO pricey cab rides from Newark or JFK into Manhattan.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Abdurratln wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what we are going to do in Africa:
"On 15 May 2008, Jammeh announced that his government would introduce legislation that would set laws against homosexuals that would be "stricter than those in Iran", and that he would "cut off the head" of any gay or lesbian person discovered in the country.[21] News reports indicated his government intended to execute all homosexuals in the country.[21] In the speech given in Tallinding, Jammeh gave a "final ultimatum" to any gays or lesbians in the Gambia to leave the country." ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahya_Jammeh#Hom... )
"This is what we are GOING to do in Africa"???? May 15, 2008. Uh, in case you missed it, that day is long come and gone. Unless one of your Muslims has invented time travel.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Transition wrote:
How about using a condom? What's so hard about that?

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Jiggz29 wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no sarcasm, that's merely the facts as to how the world works. There's no need for a list and the fact that there's a very large portion of infected but unaware people out there that will make your "list" nothing more than a false sense of security.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

Jiggz29 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay in over the past 25 to 30 years we've come to London the general public isn't responsible enough to pretty much practice safe sex even with all the education on HIV and other STDs and with that accessibility of condoms still the HIV rate in African American community has risen not drop.
Much of that has to do with the perception of HIV being a "gay" disease and African Americans refusing to follow Safer-Sex guidelines as well as many hiding in the closet because of a stigma still being attached to being Gay in the African American community(many of which refuse to even acknowledge that bisexuality exists and still referring to them as "homosexuals) when they aren't.)
Jiggz29 wrote:
That's why we have a government and leaders to think for the general public because the general public is incapable of gratifying these problems collectively.
No actually they aren't. Look back at the history. Those groups who embraced Safer sex guidelines had steady drops in the number of newly infected cases, those who have not, did not. Even in cases where the groups didn't actually experience a drop, the rate of new infections were reduced, even if that reduction was not as much as one could hope, it's still better than it being unchecked.
Jiggz29 wrote:
Anybody want to come down the personal responsibility most people and not thinking of a retirement know that's why Social Security is so important. Because the government actually ensures people will save for their retirement by forcibly taking it out of their check ever week or two weeks.
So don't give me a crap about personal responsibility because the general public doesn't know know such a thing or do they practice it.
It's not crap, it's merely fact. HIV is for 99.9% of cases preventable. Using a condom isn't hard. Using them every time isn't hard. There's no reason for some sort of master list to be published, placing those on it in direct danger of being discriminated against, fired, ect... all because someone is too lazy to put on a condom before they have sex.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 501 - 520 of700
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Natural Disasters Discussions

Search the Natural Disasters Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Vietnam minister calls for calm in face of 8,50... 8 hr HIVBEO4MATMOTRANAULDEN3KP 5
Toppled Philippine church cross overlooks typho... 11 hr ELIAS IBARRA 188
Filipinos crowd capital for huge Catholic parade 12 hr ELIAS IBARRA 15
Magnitude-7.2 earthquake sparks panic in Mexico... 15 hr Petal Power 1
April solar flare may create disruptions in com... (Apr '13) 22 hr Sky High Energy 2
Aurora Borealis or northern lights 2013 live: S... (Apr '13) 22 hr Sky High Energy 9
A storm from the sun: Astronomers watching for ... (May '13) 22 hr Sky High Energy 2
•••
•••
•••
•••