How to Declare War on the New HIV Epi...

How to Declare War on the New HIV Epidemic

There are 700 comments on the www.poz.com story from Jul 15, 2013, titled How to Declare War on the New HIV Epidemic. In it, www.poz.com reports that:

The AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power marched through cheering crowds at the historic New York City Pride Parade on June 30, 2013, to declare an HIV prevention emergency that threatens the health of the young queer community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.poz.com.

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#22 Jul 17, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>You first.
Monogamy is wonderful. Try it!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#23 Jul 17, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
One can discipline oneself to not engage in behavior that can lead to HIV, etc.
Since all sexual behaviors can lead to HIV or the etc, your idea is one that the first generation that takes it up is guaranteed to be the last. Since all but a very, very few us come with a very natural instinct to be sexual, be it with our opposite sex, same sex or some degree another to both, the better response is to teach folk how to be responsible with that instinct and the discipline necessary in that. Hoping and even legislating that folk keep their hands and other body parts to themselves, a noble idea, too bad it has never, ever worked.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#24 Jul 17, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting because apparently no you can't, otherwise there wouldn't have been sex scandals within the Church. More importantly, there are NUMEROUS examples of Same-sex couples, one that is HIV+ and one that is not and have been together for YEARS, so apparently your suggestions are just a load of poop.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#25 Jul 17, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
So is having multiple partners, so long as everyone uses a condom and follows safer sex guidelines everything is fine and no need for such Victorian regulations.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#26 Jul 17, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
While there are many reasons to encourage and even reward monogamy, it isn't the only option on the menu. There are those who find plural relationships of various sorts to be perfectly wonderful too.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#29 Jul 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>So is having multiple partners, so long as everyone uses a condom and follows safer sex guidelines everything is fine and no need for such Victorian regulations.
To each their own

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#30 Jul 17, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>While there are many reasons to encourage and even reward monogamy, it isn't the only option on the menu. There are those who find plural relationships of various sorts to be perfectly wonderful too.
As I stated, to each their own, sir

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#31 Jul 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>That's interesting because apparently no you can't, otherwise there wouldn't have been sex scandals within the Church. More importantly, there are NUMEROUS examples of Same-sex couples, one that is HIV+ and one that is not and have been together for YEARS, so apparently your suggestions are just a load of poop.
What reprobate behavior others choose to engage in is on them because I don't condone it.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#32 Jul 17, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, one can use a condom or follow other safe sex practices. Abstinence is hardly the only solution.

Even monogamy is not a solution. If an HIV- partner wishes to remain that way, but his monogamous partner is HIV+, they must take the same precautions as anyone else who wants to avoid HIV.

Surely you are aware of the number of women and children who have been infected by their DL husbands.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#33 Jul 17, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course.

"Condom. Never leave home without it."

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#34 Jul 17, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh. That's part of what marriage is about.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#35 Jul 17, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
I am monogamous, but not celibate, which is what you previously suggested.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#36 Jul 17, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
To each their own
No to whomever has produced the legitimate working solution and you clearly have not. This isn't a matter of opinions.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#37 Jul 17, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
What reprobate behavior others choose to engage in is on them because I don't condone it.
Your cononation was never a worry for anyone other than for yourself. The reprobate behavior of reccomending FAILED strategies makes you not only a fool but criminally so if your bad advice is taken to heart.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#38 Jul 17, 2013
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Your cononation was never a worry for anyone other than for yourself. The reprobate behavior of reccomending FAILED strategies makes you not only a fool but criminally so if your bad advice is taken to heart.
How is recommending monogamy, abstinence, discipline oneself, etc failed strategies?

Are you speaking from a personal experience? If so, I recommend counseling.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#39 Jul 17, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>Of course.

"Condom. Never leave home without it."
LOL
Loulou

Denmark

#40 Jul 17, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Moralising wount stop the HIV epidemic.

“Repent and worship God”

Location hidden

#41 Jul 17, 2013
Loulou wrote:
<quoted text>Moralising wount stop the HIV epidemic.
What does?

“Take the kinks out ya mind”

and not your hair

#42 Jul 17, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
Abstinence, celibacy, and monogamy is a wonderful place to start.
Couldn't agree with you more sistah!
Loulou

Denmark

#43 Jul 17, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
What does?
Well, it's easier to get a message through if we accept reality. Ppl will be more receptive if we don't judge thier behavior or expect them to live by certain morals or standards.
I think there'd be less HIV/Aids victims if we used a little humor in the campagns. And be very explicit about how to use condoms - and which ones. It's not enough to tell ppl to use a condom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Earth Matters: Historical heat waves a reminder... 3 hr So saith me 3
News Evacuees return but huge California wildfire st... 7 hr Annie 2
News The danger of carrying excess belly fat (Sep '13) 19 hr Rhat ali 3
News Nestl Discovers Water in the Arizona Des... Fri Erin 1
News Flint water crisis: New criminal charges expected Fri ZIONISTS Corrupt 1
News Initial Brexit shock is hurting UK _ but sparin... Fri kuda 25
News The Latest: California fire drives people from ... Jul 27 marke 2
More from around the web