Sexy Sermons: A 19th-century Vermonte...

Sexy Sermons: A 19th-century Vermonter Preached "Free Love"

There are 1 comment on the Seven Days story from Feb 27, 2013, titled Sexy Sermons: A 19th-century Vermonter Preached "Free Love". In it, Seven Days reports that:

Some Vermonters of a certain age - i.e., those who remember the '60s as more than grainy images of the Vietnam War set to Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth" - recall when Vermont meant "free love." Back then, young people were drawn to the Green Mountain State by the temptations of communal living and its concomitant promise of open loving ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seven Days.

Polly

Worcester, VT

#1 Feb 28, 2013
I used to blame the hippie ruination of Brattleboro and Putney on the immigration to the area of NYC trust funded "brats". Now I see that the roots of the movement were here all along! Perhaps the NYC trust fund kids were the great-great grandchildren of Noyes and his followers, having ancestral memories and finding their way back home!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Drones meet drought in skies of storied Califor... 10 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Hurricanes reaching peak strength farther north... (May '14) 23 hr Earthling-1 6
News West Virginia floods devastate 1,100 homes, man... Mon southern at heart 33
News Teaching Canada about the Ukrainian genocide Mon Wierd Al Yanakovitch 1
News The flip side of years of no hurricanes: Good l... (May '15) Mon Actual Science 4
News In Huntington, W.Va., two dozen people OD on ba... Sun Suck It Up 2
News Our Opinion: Resources needed for addiction fight Sun mrs miggins 2
More from around the web