More than 160 killed as Syrian rebels...

More than 160 killed as Syrian rebels try to siege

There are 4 comments on the Ledger-Enquirer.com story from Nov 24, 2013, titled More than 160 killed as Syrian rebels try to siege. In it, Ledger-Enquirer.com reports that:

Forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar Assad have laid siege for months to rebel strongholds in the Ghouta area east of Damascus, preventing food, clean water, medicine and other supplies from entering in a bid to crush resistance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ledger-Enquirer.com.

check it out

Australia

#1 Nov 24, 2013
Looks like that ethnic cleansing by Assad will take some time. He's going to have to kill or remove around 70% of the population to bring the country to back how it likes it.
Jude

Europe

#2 Nov 25, 2013
check it out wrote:
Looks like that ethnic cleansing by Assad will take some time. He's going to have to kill or remove around 70% of the population to bring the country to back how it likes it.
The UN should list starvation as a weapon of mass destruction and crime against humanity.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#3 Nov 25, 2013
Jude wrote:
<quoted text> The UN should list starvation as a weapon of mass destruction and crime against humanity.
I agree, and I believe there is something in the Geneva War Act about the treatment of civilians but I will look it up. I am not sure what goes through Assads mind when he does this, can he not envision someone doing this to his children? Or does he think this is his entitlement again?

He is saying he is not going to Geneva 2 this year but is sending someone, I think he is going to be in a country prison called Syria if he is not removed as he can never go out of the country for fear of being arrested and taken to the Hague.
US State Dept

United States

#4 Nov 25, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, and I believe there is something in the Geneva War Act about the treatment of civilians but I will look it up. I am not sure what goes through Assads mind when he does this, can he not envision someone doing this to his children? Or does he think this is his entitlement again?
He is saying he is not going to Geneva 2 this year but is sending someone, I think he is going to be in a country prison called Syria if he is not removed as he can never go out of the country for fear of being arrested and taken to the Hague.
Screw your Geneva War Act. We have, over and over and over again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump targets farm subsidies in budget cuts 5 min CornWhollyO 3
News Study warns of deepening Florida water shortage... 21 hr Floridian 2
News Fire danger may require burn ban implementation Mon JC Lange 1
News Severe thunderstorm watch issued for most of so... May 18 storm watch lifted 1
News Storm damage (Jul '11) May 18 storm watch lifted 7
News Severe thunderstorm watch issued for much of so... May 18 Hail 2 as USA ham... 1
News Scientology linked anti-psychiatry exhibit in D... May 18 Gold Mask 3
More from around the web