Extraction Extremism: Connecting the ...

Extraction Extremism: Connecting the Dots on Global Warming

There are 1 comment on the Common Dreams story from Sep 24, 2013, titled Extraction Extremism: Connecting the Dots on Global Warming. In it, Common Dreams reports that:

Back in the bad old days of the Bush Administration in the run-up to the Iraqi war, conservatives spoke a lot about "connecting the dots" by which they meant taking data points that seemed disparate and separate, and linking them into a larger narrative that made sense.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Common Dreams.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#1 Sep 24, 2013
Great summary. Take your pick for emphasis.

“Burning all fossil fuels” would warm land areas on average about 20°C (36°F) and warm the poles a stunning 30°C (54°F). This “would make most of the planet uninhabitable by humans, thus calling into question strategies that emphasize adaptation to climate change.”[Hansen]

This overall trend is what you take home for measure. As the climate shifts and dominant mechanisms bring quickened effects, the local people get stuck while the scientists continue screaming the results of their global studies. The deniers must be traitors as humanity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kilauea Volcano's summit continues inflation trend 28 min Lavafarts 3
News Grand Jury: Water loss found in cities across i... 1 hr Birds Landing Bob 7
News Vacaville ups water conservation efforts to Sta... 2 hr Birds Landing Bob 3
News Laura McComb, Sue Carey bodies identified: Rema... 6 hr Junior 1
News The Latest: Study says drought cost to grow by ... 7 hr Go Blue Forever 6
News 10 years after Katrina, slow hurricane season e... 11 hr IB DaMann 5
News Flood victims need emotional and spiritual stre... 20 hr HumanSpirit 1
More from around the web