No Warning

There are 5 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Jul 3, 2013, titled No Warning. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

People in the Cross Lanes and western Kanawha County were cleaning up Wednesday after the previous day's heavy flooding, and some were wondering why they didn't receive more warning from the National Weather Service.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

Mrs Brennan

Madison, WV

#1 Jul 5, 2013
They need to drain Lake Chaweva. Or atleast make them payfor the flood damages. If anyone has a good memory, they will know Cross Lanes never flooded when they drained that lake. Those wierdos wanted thier pond back, and now Cross Lanes is paying for it.
Hayley

Alexandria, VA

#2 Jul 6, 2013
I think it would help if the drains were cleaned out. Especially the area behind Stealth because it is one of the reasons our houses flood.
Ralph

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jul 14, 2013
I know of several families that have been flooded multiple times over the past few weeks. One in particular had just finished cleaning up their house when it started raining again. And as soon as they shut the garage door they flooded again. Plus you risk your life if you're outside when it's flooded because of the speeding idiots driving by. They drive like bats out of heck until they get to the high water by Relation Rd. then they have to slow down. I'd love just once if a cop would sit there & catch all these dumba$$es.
hmmmm

Charleston, WV

#4 Jul 18, 2013
West Washington Street continuly floods. Ever since the contractors came through and dug to lay sewer lines. Who do you talk to about that? The water is horrible!
Hayley

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jul 18, 2013
hmmmm wrote:
West Washington Street continuly floods. Ever since the contractors came through and dug to lay sewer lines. Who do you talk to about that? The water is horrible!
They just put the sewer in within the past 2 years, & it flooded before that. If the homeowners & business owners out that way would make an effort to clean out the ditches &/or drains it would help tremendously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Island Off Pakistan's Coast May Not... (Sep '13) 3 hr Hamad 6
News Small earthquake rattles the greater Los Angele... 7 hr Reg Stromquist 2
News California government says it's meeting water-s... 8 hr Coal is King 2
News Canadian planes prevented from landing in earth... 18 hr tricky 1
News Nipsey Hussle on Baltimore: 'When A Volcano Eru... 21 hr others have stres... 1
News Four Canadians evacuated from Nepal recuperatin... 23 hr is Mother Nature MAD 1
News Cdn in Nepal says Ottawa not doing enough Sun Tourista 2
More from around the web