'Forecast Bust:' Why 2013 Hurricane P...

'Forecast Bust:' Why 2013 Hurricane Predictions Were So Wrong

There are 1 comment on the National Public Radio story from Nov 29, 2013, titled 'Forecast Bust:' Why 2013 Hurricane Predictions Were So Wrong. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

Forecasters expected the 2013 Atlantic hurricane season to be really busy - the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration told Americans to expect between seven and 11 hurricanes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Dec 2, 2013
Dont you just LOVE climate mode#3.

With a change of climate mode comes change of model.

The pacific hot pool of course also results in a larger hot pool for tropical storms so it was no surprise to get big ones over there.

It will take quite some time to even out the distribution into ocean moderated belts so likely more fun & games in Asia/Pacific next year until El Nino pops up.

Last year when mode#3 started up, the bulk of the Atlantic hurricanes were Atlantic & the USA was in drought, so with the USA now receiving monsoonal flow, the mode has evened out the temperature gradients a bit compared with 2011.

Should be more evened out next year, but not really expecting caribbean hurricanes next year either.

Have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Was the rise of the Roman Empire helped by VOLC... 37 min play 1
News Five times humanity was almost wiped out 38 min play 1
News Nevada is home to an abundance of natural hot s... 52 min play 1
News Heavy rain floods some homes on Mississippi Gul... 1 hr play 1
News Opioids and overdoses: 4 things to know 6 hr Hostis Publicus 1
News Residents Worried About Levees in Yuba City Wed Mrs Elspeth 2
News Climate change in Colorado (Sep '15) Wed Zeke the Pinhead 2
More from around the web