Fire threatens Colorado mountain town...

Fire threatens Colorado mountain town of 400

There are 12 comments on the Northern Michigan News story from Jun 21, 2013, titled Fire threatens Colorado mountain town of 400. In it, Northern Michigan News reports that:

A massive wildfire working overtime in hot, windy weather was headed toward a tourist town in Colorado's southwestern mountains on Friday, and fire managers rate the chances of saving it as slim if the fire continues its course.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northern Michigan News.

Marilyn

AOL

#1 Jun 21, 2013
God be with you South Fork...
Stephen

Denver, CO

#2 Jun 21, 2013
Important to note that South Fork is a seasonal vacation spot... so though it may only have 400 permanent residents this time of year it has a population closer to 4000
Laurie

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jun 21, 2013
Praying over this town.... Such good memories for past ten years.
Lee

Grand Prairie, TX

#4 Jun 21, 2013
Beautiful country - I have a cabin in the National forest reserved for this August - I hope it will be there
Peggy and Joe

Littleton, CO

#5 Jun 21, 2013
We have such wonderful memories of your beautiful town and little raiload. Our prayers are with all of the residents and shop owners. May God bless and watch over all of you.
Anne

Dallas, TX

#6 Jun 21, 2013
Laurie wrote:
Praying over this town.... Such good memories for past ten years.
yes,and they will continue. strength.
Theresa

United States

#7 Jun 21, 2013
Praying for South Fork. Been going there for 21 years and it is like a second home to us.
Tami

Olney, TX

#8 Jun 21, 2013
Fun Valley has been our vacation spot for the past 17 summers. Hope we can still go back this summer. Prayers for the area and the people who live there!!
Pot Smoker

Copperas Cove, TX

#9 Jun 21, 2013
I hope it doesn't burn up all the pot they got growing there now that it is legal.
Big bear

Dover, OH

#10 Jun 22, 2013
Maybe Red McCombs could help ya now! The next Pagosa Springs you hard headed council members oh did I hit a nerve. Wake up southforkies nows your chance.Out with the old and in with the new or live in your hole. Rock on Hungry Loggers
Big Tex

Decatur, TX

#11 Jun 22, 2013
South fork is a wonderful place to vacation, we love it there. Fun Valley has been our vacation choice for 16 yrs now. We will be praying and watching the news.
Judy Belshe

Los Alamitos, CA

#12 Jun 22, 2013
My heart and prayers are with you all today. God protect this town and the people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natural Disasters Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Way We Were: Ice jam in the Glen (Feb '15) 2 hr where Glen 2ndary... 18
News How a broken arm and a barking dog help save 88... 6 hr Angel 4
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Fri Pardon Pard 1
News 'Searching for a miracle' in California mudslides Fri Muddy buddy 2
News Op-Ed Contributor: The Wrong Way to Treat Opioi... Jan 18 noobieR 1
News Be prepared for any emergency, says Region (May '12) Jan 17 what is nuke plan eh 7
News Mild earthquake felt in Victoria Jan 16 RDL 2
More from around the web