East Carroll man wins Easy 5

East Carroll man wins Easy 5

There are 1 comment on the The News-Star story from Feb 17, 2013, titled East Carroll man wins Easy 5. In it, The News-Star reports that:

The Louisiana Lottery's Easy 5 jackpot was hit for the fourth time in 2013 on Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News-Star.

Since: Mar 13

Columbus, GA

#1 Mar 14, 2013
Growing up in a small town call Lake Providence I developed some simple appreciations which have never left me. I still say "Sir" and "Ma'am" to most folks older than me. I hold a door for people, especially ladies and children. I don't sit down until my wife at the table have been seated. Then there was one the other day that came back to me. I was at the hospital and I was the only employee at the time as it was fairly early. A co-worker was setting up the back room and I went back to help. "Ernest," she told me sternly, "I've told you before, you don't have to help me do this." My reply was simple. "I learn offering a helping hand is pleasing to God."
I have drawn a lot of who and what I am from my parents. The funny thing is, the one thing they did for me I do not now get to enjoy. I was raised on a front porch. The old home at High Way 65 South, Lake Providence Louisiana, has a wonderful front porch just perfect for sitting in the evening or even the early morning, if you are so inclined. After supper we would take a glass of cold water and go out on the front porch and sit and watch the world go by. Some of the world would stop by from time to time.
In small towns back in the 70's & 80's, people walked a lot. They would just go take a walk and relax in doing so. Invariably their route would sometime lead them right past our front door. I have seen ten people or so gathered on our front porch just talking and relaxing. All the problems of the world would get solved and the bonds of true community would be cemented as a result of such times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lottery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Powerball - How many numbers for a free ticket? May 19 Bob H 1
News Florida woman wins $590.5m Powerball jackpot (May '13) May 16 Cabbage Memory 138
News Winner of $57M Mega Millions has criminal record (Jun '08) May 15 Shawnele 160
News Name of $134 million MEGA Millions winner released (Mar '10) May 14 Isaac s pang 54
News Shinnston couple claims $1 million Powerball prize May 10 Gumball 11
News Study Shows School Vouchers Hurt Students -- Bu... May 9 slick willie expl... 3
LOTTERY MEGA MILLIONS. How do i know if i won!?... (Dec '07) May 7 Tony Whitaker 304
More from around the web