No more Acton Apple Festival? Churcha...

No more Acton Apple Festival? Churcha s Womena s Fellowship vote to discontinue sponsorship

There are 2 comments on the Foster's Daily Democrat story from Apr 25, 2013, titled No more Acton Apple Festival? Churcha s Womena s Fellowship vote to discontinue sponsorship. In it, Foster's Daily Democrat reports that:

After much discussion and agonizing, members of the Women's Fellowship of the Acton Congregational Church have voted to discontinue sponsoring the Acton Apple Festival, a townwide event that has occurred every September for the past 25 years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Foster's Daily Democrat.

Laurie

Sanford, ME

#1 Apr 25, 2013
That is to bad. We need more community activity for kids and familys. Sorry to see it go.
Hmm

Sanford, ME

#2 Apr 28, 2013
I would guess its not sponsored any longer since it has little to do with the church. Turned into a bit of a flea market in my opinion. I agree the town needs more, maybe some one else can sponsor it? Iron Tails?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Libraries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The library re-invents itself as a multi-media ... (Dec '10) May 3 iPads expensive 4... 7
News Administrators Dance on Top of School to Thank ... (May '13) Apr 28 Corrupt 5
News Library closes to move to new site - Apr 23 Yep 4
News The Center for Jewish History Announces January... Apr '17 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
News Dover City Council receives project update Apr '17 stinks 1
News Holy Cross Church construction to start soon (Jul '09) Apr '17 Christians eh 4
News Deputies promoted (Jul '14) Apr '17 Ian 2
More from around the web