Chambersburg Area School District adds positions

Full story: Public Opinion

The Chambersburg Area School District will be dividing the job of director of libraries among two people during the upcoming school year.
Comments
21 - 40 of 69 Comments Last updated Oct 31, 2012
Embedded Citizen

Hagerstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

It's the CASD version of three card monte.
parent

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

And whoever is in charge of the IT dept is also an idiot... the kids and the teachers were supposed to be able to see what their classes were two weeks before school started. Well it wasn't until yesterday Wed (6 days before school that teachers and students found out their schedule). What did the IT dept do over the summer.
This school District S***s. And you wonder why our kids can't meet AYP.... I also agree with the comments on Mr Purvis and Mr Hodge. Phys ed teachers promoted way above their skill level
Travis

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

From today's Public Opinion:

Patriot Federal Credit Union seeks donations of school supplies
Public Opinion Online

In wake of the tough economic times, Patriot Federal Credit Union has placed donation boxes in its five local branches to help offset the cost of back-to-school shopping for area families that need it.

Patriot is encouraging donations of items such as binders, notebooks, pencils, markers and crayons.

"All of the donations, including school supply donations from Patriot, will be delivered to the school district near each branch area before or immediately following the Labor Day weekend," said Michael Silvers, chief operating officer of Patriot.

Not from me!
C-burg grad

Dillsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

Travis wrote:
Public Opinion Online
In wake of the tough economic times, Patriot Federal Credit Union has placed donation boxes in its five local branches to help offset the cost of back-to-school shopping for area families that need it.
Patriot is encouraging donations of items such as binders, notebooks, pencils, markers and crayons.
"All of the donations, including school supply donations from Patriot, will be delivered to the school district near each branch area before or immediately following the Labor Day weekend," said Michael Silvers, chief operating officer of Patriot.
Not from me!
So you are not going to donate? why make the students suffer because the district is mishandling its money? The students had nothing to do with it!!
curious

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

Agent 0 wrote:
The old boys network is alive and doing well. And welcome Mooch as the police officer at the High School.
Well, let's see, do you think Billy and Barry had anything to do with Mooch's arrival, seriously huh.
yes

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>Well, let's see, do you think Billy and Barry had anything to do with Mooch's arrival, seriously huh.
That is a no brainer for sure. The "good ole boy network is alive and well in this District.
just maybe

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

C-burg grad wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are not going to donate? why make the students suffer because the district is mishandling its money? The students had nothing to do with it!!
You are right, the children should NOT have to suffer. But, how much more do you really think the public can handle with the so called new positions created, HR position moved to Assis. Super., all of these promotions are glorified with nice pay increases. Isn't it high time that they start looking after the children. All of this is just too much and it really is overdue that something be done. Like I said, no child should have to suffer, that is a given but maybe these Admin. positions could donate and help the cause. I know, I am just blowing smoke, like that is going to happen. Just a thought.
Curious Too

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

parent wrote:
And whoever is in charge of the IT dept is also an idiot... the kids and the teachers were supposed to be able to see what their classes were two weeks before school started. Well it wasn't until yesterday Wed (6 days before school that teachers and students found out their schedule). What did the IT dept do over the summer.
This school District S***s. And you wonder why our kids can't meet AYP.... I also agree with the comments on Mr Purvis and Mr Hodge. Phys ed teachers promoted way above their skill level
It was my understanding that Mr. Purvis has been with CASD for about 30 yrs and holds a Doctorate. Wasn't he also voted teacher, principal of the year, or something like that a few yrs ago?

Surely his credentials, experience, and tenure qualifies him for his current position! Don't really know much about Mr. Hodge; what are his qualifications?
yes

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

just maybe wrote:
<quoted text>You are right, the children should NOT have to suffer. But, how much more do you really think the public can handle with the so called new positions created, HR position moved to Assis. Super., all of these promotions are glorified with nice pay increases. Isn't it high time that they start looking after the children. All of this is just too much and it really is overdue that something be done. Like I said, no child should have to suffer, that is a given but maybe these Admin. positions could donate and help the cause. I know, I am just blowing smoke, like that is going to happen. Just a thought.
Very well put but sadly to say, these so called "Administrative" people could care less as long as their pockets are lined.
facts

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

Curious Too wrote:
<quoted text>
It was my understanding that Mr. Purvis has been with CASD for about 30 yrs and holds a Doctorate. Wasn't he also voted teacher, principal of the year, or something like that a few yrs ago?
Surely his credentials, experience, and tenure qualifies him for his current position! Don't really know much about Mr. Hodge; what are his qualifications?
Ok, I'll go along with Mr. Purvis but yes, what about Hodge, how did that happen and fast.
yes

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

Curious Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Would someone be able to enlighten us on Mr. Hodge and the advancement from HR to Assis. Super. Please disclose his qualifications.
C-burg grad

Dillsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

just maybe wrote:
<quoted text>You are right, the children should NOT have to suffer. But, how much more do you really think the public can handle with the so called new positions created, HR position moved to Assis. Super., all of these promotions are glorified with nice pay increases. Isn't it high time that they start looking after the children. All of this is just too much and it really is overdue that something be done. Like I said, no child should have to suffer, that is a given but maybe these Admin. positions could donate and help the cause. I know, I am just blowing smoke, like that is going to happen. Just a thought.
I agree with you...I just feel that the community's anger should be directed in the right place and not inadvertently taking it out on the students and what they need!
Shorty

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

DGS wrote:
<quoted text>
They would have saved $50,000 if Ms. Rockwood had been terminated, however, she was promoted and given MORE money. If nothing is subtracted, how do you have less? Basic mathematics requires you to understand that MORE money is being spent on administration, not less.
You are so right...She should of been terminated. She is not needed.

Dr. Joe can speak for himself, he didn't need Sylvia and she should of

been left go and save the taxpayers some money.
Why donations

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Travis wrote:
Public Opinion Online
Not from me!
My question is where are the donations going?? My kids are in elementary school and I have never purchased school supplies. The teachers tell us every year the items needed for the school year are provided. This year I do need to provide a pencil box but that is it. Donations are great but in this situation, CASD provides all necessary supplies for the students, at least at elementary and middle school level.
facts

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

yes wrote:
<quoted text>Would someone be able to enlighten us on Mr. Hodge and the advancement from HR to Assis. Super. Please disclose his qualifications.
Is anyone able to comment on this post? Thank you.
DGS

Fannettsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

Mr. Hodge is a graduate of Waynesboro High School and got a degree from West Chester University in Health and Physical Education before becoming a gym teacher and then HR director and currently is the ASSistant Stupored Intended of the Chambersburg Area School District. This should give hope to the score of undereducated that they too can make something of their lives.
curious

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

DGS wrote:
Mr. Hodge is a graduate of Waynesboro High School and got a degree from West Chester University in Health and Physical Education before becoming a gym teacher and then HR director and currently is the ASSistant Stupored Intended of the Chambersburg Area School District. This should give hope to the score of undereducated that they too can make something of their lives.
And this qualifies him how? Gym Teacher, yes but Assis. Super. common now, really. Are all Assis. Super. coming with this type of backgrounds? I guess it is true, not what you know but who. That says it all to me.
DGS

Fannettsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

In the "real" world, a business degree (undergraduate), if not a masters in business administration, would usually be required to be an HR director of an organization of over 500 employees. Apparently knowing how to have your students count off by two and toss a basketball into a round hole is sufficient in Chambersburg to run the HR show. When your superiors find out that you can't do that job real well (refer to the trip to Puerto Rico to find some teaching candidates), you get promoted to Assistant Superintendent.
yep

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

DGS wrote:
In the "real" world, a business degree (undergraduate), if not a masters in business administration, would usually be required to be an HR director of an organization of over 500 employees. Apparently knowing how to have your students count off by two and toss a basketball into a round hole is sufficient in Chambersburg to run the HR show. When your superiors find out that you can't do that job real well (refer to the trip to Puerto Rico to find some teaching candidates), you get promoted to Assistant Superintendent.
You are right on all counts for sure. How this happened I will never know other than I guess what bar stool your sitting on.
for the people

Smithsburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

Just like the County and the Feds. Spend, spend and spend. What are you going to do when the taxpayers say no more. We are withholding our money. The administration, the government is corrupt and incompetent beyond all reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Libraries Discussions

Search the Libraries Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Kids have a blast with 'Toy Hacking' workshop 2 hr Cuum Spunje Kiel Santelli 2
Little Free Libraries Aim To Improve Literacy, ... Thu great 1
Why does Ashville need two libraries? Jul 21 Alabama 2
Slow Homeschooling Jul 20 CENSORED BY TENNESSEE 8
Singapore won't destroy 2 gay-themed book titles Jul 18 passing by 3
Singapore backs call to destroy gay-themed books Jul 17 Gremlin 40
Gallery: 'Murder at the Library' Fundraiser in ... (Jan '13) Jul 16 Kundrot dionkie 4
•••
•••