Santa Cruz library trustees review $63M facilities plan

Jul 29, 2014 Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

SANTA CRUZ >> Library trustees reviewed a plan Monday for how to spend $63.1 million in facilities improvements if voters approve a parcel tax.

Full Story
ANON

Santa Cruz, CA

#1 Jul 29, 2014
In the technologically advanced era of computers, books are being provided online and education comes in the form of powerpoint presentations, why would we allow a $49 parcel tax on our absurdly high property tax bills for these renovations? In addition, schools provide libraries...there is no way that 73% of property tax payers said they would pay this new tax, in fact, I never received a questionnaire on this very issue and we pay a huge property tax bill every 6 months for our home, with 30 year bonds attached for many reasons. I would like to see the attendance numbers for each library, the amount of time the person spends in the library reading, researching, and utilizing it's services for what they were intended for, and how this $63 million fits into a 5, 10, 20, and 30 year plan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Libraries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Librarians Are Defending Your Right to Watc... Dec 14 Cosmo 2
Library function evolving Dec 7 cancer 2
3 cities vie to make Obama best offer for library Dec 5 okimar 3
Cranky voters have officials worried Dec 4 hatteras island f... 2
Science-hating homeschool mom sued for defamati... Nov 29 Dan 1
Family Library's gift to help set up a library ... Nov 26 Francesco Sinibaldi 1
Rare copy of William Shakespeare's First Folio ... Nov 25 wacejacke 1
More from around the web