Age of taxes upon us

Age of taxes upon us

There are 16 comments on the The Daily Republic story from Jul 29, 2012, titled Age of taxes upon us. In it, The Daily Republic reports that:

To tax or not to tax. That's the question our communities face, and for a majority of them, the answer is to tax.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Republic.

gimmie gimmie gimmie

Fremont, CA

#1 Jul 29, 2012
it doesn't matter how much you give them, they will overspend it, waste it, or as we have just read lose it, just vote no, no more taxmoney for you !
Adam Lambert

Vallejo, CA

#2 Jul 29, 2012
gimmie gimmie gimmie wrote:
it doesn't matter how much you give them, they will overspend it, waste it, or as we have just read lose it, just vote no, no more taxmoney for you !
That sums it up well.
Liberal Democrat

San Jose, CA

#3 Jul 30, 2012
We're going to start taxing you even more until you drop and then, we'll tax you some more. Your sorry butts belong to the state now peasant!
GEE

Alameda, CA

#4 Jul 30, 2012
Liberal Democrat wrote:
We're going to start taxing you even more until you drop and then, we'll tax you some more. Your sorry butts belong to the state now peasant!
So one solution is to leave this state whose main goal it is to "own our sorry butts". Plenty of not so privacy invading states around whose not so great climate I will adjust to....

We may have choices on how to leave; we can take the fast train from SF to LA and then the Xpress West to Vegas.....(I know that I am going east, but that is what this proposed "private enterprise" is called)

If I were to see improvements made due to "butt owning", I would consider "staying put" an option. At this point however I am experiencing only a serious case of nothing new, "pocket pooling", my butt is still my own! By the time the groping goes further south, I will be gone since I am a somewhat private person.....
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#5 Jul 30, 2012
The 1% do not pay their fare share of taxes. Giving the rich a tax cut extension will do nothing to stimulate the economy. It will pad their wallets though. Bring on the higher taxes, we need that money for our social programs to help the poor and to fully fund our state and local governments.
Liberal Democrat

San Jose, CA

#6 Jul 30, 2012
GEE wrote:
<quoted text>
So one solution is to leave this state whose main goal it is to "own our sorry butts". Plenty of not so privacy invading states around whose not so great climate I will adjust to....
We may have choices on how to leave; we can take the fast train from SF to LA and then the Xpress West to Vegas.....(I know that I am going east, but that is what this proposed "private enterprise" is called)
If I were to see improvements made due to "butt owning", I would consider "staying put" an option. At this point however I am experiencing only a serious case of nothing new, "pocket pooling", my butt is still my own! By the time the groping goes further south, I will be gone since I am a somewhat private person.....
WHAT? You're not out of this state yet? One of the primary goals of our fair tax system is to force right wing-nuts such as yourself out of the beautiful State of California and make it a lefty worker's paradise.

Go East young man, go East!(You'd love the State of Texas!)
GEE

Alameda, CA

#7 Jul 30, 2012
Quote: Rio Vista City Council members voted Wednesday to place a .75 percent sales tax measure on the next ballot to close what for the small Solano County community represents a deep anticipated budget hole.
"Interim City Manager Joseph Tanner said the city will have to make “draconian cuts” if the sales tax measure fails in November". Rio Vista’s proposed tax also includes a five-year sunset clause.

WOW! One draconian cut would be to NOT employ Tanner as an Interim City Manager!
Wonder why he is slumming?
gimmie gimmie gimmie

Fremont, CA

#8 Jul 30, 2012
Antwan wrote:
The 1% do not pay their fare share of taxes. Giving the rich a tax cut extension will do nothing to stimulate the economy. It will pad their wallets though. Bring on the higher taxes, we need that money for our social programs to help the poor and to fully fund our state and local governments.
another dumbbell, put down the liberal talking points and buy a clue
politician

Vacaville, CA

#9 Jul 30, 2012
Tax money is spent on hookers.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#10 Jul 30, 2012
Pat... I'd like to buy a vowel...
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#11 Jul 30, 2012
gimmie gimmie gimmie wrote:
<quoted text>
another dumbbell, put down the liberal talking points and buy a clue
Because I don't fall in line with your conservative faux news talking points you call me names. Very mature.

Since: Aug 10

Lodi, CA

#12 Aug 2, 2012
Liberal Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT? You're not out of this state yet? One of the primary goals of our fair tax system is to force right wing-nuts such as yourself out of the beautiful State of California and make it a lefty worker's paradise.
Go East young man, go East!(You'd love the State of Texas!)
After all the real net taxpayers are gone from California, where do you suppose the money will come from to cover your government check?

Ps: calling government employes lefties is fine, but classifying them as "workers" is really a streach and downright funny.

Since: Aug 10

Lodi, CA

#13 Aug 2, 2012
Antwan wrote:
<quoted text>Because I don't fall in line with your conservative faux news talking points you call me names. Very mature.
No, you're being called names because your post was so moronic.
Captain

Pleasanton, CA

#14 Aug 2, 2012
"Age of taxes upon us"

That's a terrible headline. We are already the most heavily taxed state in the nation. The headline should read "The Highest taxed State In The Nation Wants Even More."

And when the Business/Jobs generating companies continue to expand outside the California borders the usual suspects will continue to ask for more dollars to help cover the cost of bloated government and ridiculous pension & healthcare benefits - which will lead to further corporate expansion in other states - which will lead to the increased demand of more tax dollars to cover the increasing cost of pension & healthcare benefits and also the cost of covering the funds of the taxpayers that have left the state.
Salty Dog

San Jose, CA

#15 Aug 2, 2012
Antwan wrote:
You're kidding,right? You have to be.

Of course, it isn't about 1% or stimulating the economy or helping the poor.

God knows it isn't about fully funding state and local governments.

It IS about pension reform and outrageous benefits given away in greener days. It is the first and easy answer....top it all up with another tax without addressing the primary issue.
But that isn't going to work either....it just postpones the mathmatical inevitability that income has to equal outgo....not to worry, there will come a day of reckoning when no amount of taxing will resolve exponential debt.....it would be helpful if we had some politicians with the gonads to stop the nonesense now.

Ironically, the only ones in Vallejo who come close to recognizing the difficulty weren't born with gonads.
Tandem

Vacaville, CA

#16 Aug 2, 2012
Taxes and death. All we're ever guaranteed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Libraries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A different shade of green (Apr '07) 23 hr steed 76
News Another bookworm exposes his shortcomings in NN... (Mar '09) Mon martin garey 47
News Hildreth elected ALA treasurer Apr 30 Sandy Ann 1
News House GOP wants to stop the Library of Congress... Apr 23 wild child 4
News Holy Cross Church construction to start soon (Jul '09) Apr 23 some not Christian 3
News Prince donated $12,000 to Lou. libraries Read S... Apr 21 Sheri Marie 1
News Sleek and sustainability-minded Lawrence Public... Apr 19 Lucy Jane 1
More from around the web