Austin committee suggests $575 millio...

Austin committee suggests $575 million bond package for November

There are 1 comment on the Austin American-Statesman story from May 16, 2012, titled Austin committee suggests $575 million bond package for November. In it, Austin American-Statesman reports that:

Renovating Milwood branch library in Northwest Austin, for $1.1 million, would be part of $98.8 million to build or renovate city facilities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Austin American-Statesman.

Austinite

Austin, TX

#1 May 18, 2012
Maybe if the city would stop squandering all those hundreds of millions of tax dollars on feel good projects and corporate tax give aways then the city would have money for libraries, parks, sidewalks and such. Bond 98% of the time equals more taxes so I always vote a resounding NO.
Let special interest groups guised under the ubrella of non profits pay their own way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Libraries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Acton library is open for business (Feb '11) Sat Gtown covers Acto... 2
News Feedback: Cheetoh Cats (Oct '08) Aug 26 Emile Christensen 2
News Libraries' free books, computers pull in patron... (Mar '09) Aug 23 Martin garey 6
News Peotone Town Chatter (Jul '12) Aug 22 poedunkville 19
News Brooklyn Heights Library redevelopment hearing ... Aug 19 Hasaun A Lee 1
News Needham named library director Aug 18 Eluveitie 6
News Several libraries in Mohawk Valley to receive c... Aug 13 hmm 1
More from around the web