Susan Tompor: Some Detroit retirees c...

Susan Tompor: Some Detroit retirees could lose one-third of their checks in bankruptcy

There are 2 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Feb 23, 2014, titled Susan Tompor: Some Detroit retirees could lose one-third of their checks in bankruptcy. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Robert Wallington, 72, retired in 2000 as a captain from the Detroit Fire Department after 30 years of service.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#1 Feb 26, 2014
Good

Those retirees stole that money from tax payers by threatening strikes walkout and work stoppages if the city did not give in to the greedy union demands in contract talks.

The tax payers were never represented at the bargaining table.

The inept democrat morons mismanaging city hall worked hand in hand with corrupt greedy unions giving unions what ever they wanted in return for the union voting block keep corrupt democrats in office election after election.

The unions stole this money from tax payers and the retirees do not deserve these payoffs
Leroy the trashman

United States

#2 Feb 26, 2014
reality is a crutch wrote:
Good
Those retirees stole that money from tax payers by threatening strikes walkout and work stoppages if the city did not give in to the greedy union demands in contract talks.
The tax payers were never represented at the bargaining table.
The inept democrat morons mismanaging city hall worked hand in hand with corrupt greedy unions giving unions what ever they wanted in return for the union voting block keep corrupt democrats in office election after election.
The unions stole this money from tax payers and the retirees do not deserve these payoffs
Iz diant steel novin sir. Iz works hard ebry day pickin up the trash fo everbody n hallsin it to the lanfill. Iz sho needs my money like a hog needs it slop. Nobody never invites Leroy to no table fo no votes. They jus say Leroy git yo ass out yonder and gits that trash picked up so dats what Iz dids....picks up the trash. Den one day I be turnin sixty fi an they say Leroy you to old to picks trash up an they was rite. My feets was all swolt up. Had blood comin out my ass and lost all my teef. They say "Leroy you stays at home an we sends you a check cause you dids a good job fo all them years. And I says ok an man dat money starts comin in ever munf. My feets feels better and my ass gots all healed up n I show be feelin good. Gots new teef wif my city inshawnce n Iz can chew dat meat now. So please don't takes my check cause Leroy caint works no mo. Asides they gives my route to a Mexican an he has lots of chilins n a fat woman who goes beserk ifn she gits hongry. Thank Leroy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Libraries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Downers library official faces removal after re... Fri BHS alum 2
News Hartford Library Payroll is Largest Among State... Sep 14 America Gentleman... 2
News Amish Mafia returns to airwaves (Mar '13) Sep 4 Nick 5
News Local stores out of eclipse glasses Aug 25 Jake Kesey 6
News Library seeks additional funds from city Aug '17 Basketball Courts 5
News Income up at Mt. Sterling (Oct '13) Jul '17 Jsp635 12
News look Villa Park Library could emerge from April... (Jan '17) Jun '17 Sick of stupid 2
More from around the web