Mount Carmel working on a $103,000 deficit in proposed 2013-14 budget

Apr 17, 2013 Full story: Kingsport Times 6

The Mount Carmel Board of Mayor and Aldermen trimmed about $3,000 from its proposed 2013-14 budget Tuesday night, but there's still a deficit of about $103,000 that must be eliminated.

Full Story
PWFAN22

Kingsport, TN

#1 Apr 17, 2013
That's easy. Start at City Hall. Then the Police Department because they dont always investigate true crimes. The sewer plant could be turned over to Kingsport like the trash. What's up with the cowboy hats? Are they issued with uniforms? The folks of Mt Carmel deserve better
taxpayer

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Apr 18, 2013
I know where they can find $7,000 to take off the deficit!!
Taxpayer2

Kingsport, TN

#3 May 10, 2013
They probably spent a ton for a study to decide no parking on subdivision streets.Wow! What a bright bunch of people. We can't park in front of our own house. I thought this was the United States not China. I served my country but I can't park on my street. It's a sad time for Mt. Carmel.
NotMount Carmel Resident

Jonesborough, TN

#4 May 14, 2013
why are you people in mount carmel so dumb that you put a husband and wife team in office to control your town.
Fred

Chicago, IL

#5 May 27, 2013
When all your candidates are the same should just flip a quarter but running a town is a whole lot different than concrete
Fred

United States

#6 May 27, 2013
Make the police officers drive their own to their jobs like everyone else instead of the taxpayers to foot their bill to and from work may not be $103,000 but it has been brought up at board meetings

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Libraries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand jury clears officers in FSU shooting Dec 21 Tyrone Washington 1
Why Librarians Are Defending Your Right to Watc... Dec 14 hope not 1
Library function evolving Dec 7 cancer 2
3 cities vie to make Obama best offer for library Dec 5 okimar 3
Cranky voters have officials worried Dec 4 hatteras island f... 2
Science-hating homeschool mom sued for defamati... Nov 29 Dan 1
Family Library's gift to help set up a library ... Nov 26 Francesco Sinibaldi 1
More from around the web