Burke was cleared
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Sandy Stranger killed JonBenet”

Since: Jan 08

Not Boulder, Co.

#1 Sep 15, 2013
Burke was cleared.

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#2 Sep 15, 2013
Burke was too young to be charged, which is not synonymous with either "cleared" or "innocent".

“Sandy Stranger killed JonBenet”

Since: Jan 08

Not Boulder, Co.

#3 Sep 15, 2013
No, Burke was cleared.

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#4 Sep 15, 2013
And Casey Anthony went free!

“Sandy Stranger killed JonBenet”

Since: Jan 08

Not Boulder, Co.

#5 Sep 15, 2013
Burke was cleared, she wasn't, she was indicted and she went to trial.

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#6 Sep 15, 2013
You can couch it in whatever terms make you feel better BM.
The Truth Hurts

Detroit, MI

#7 Sep 15, 2013
BrotherMoon wrote:
Burke was cleared.
LOL. So was Patsy.

“Sandy Stranger killed JonBenet”

Since: Jan 08

Not Boulder, Co.

#8 Sep 15, 2013
The Truth Hurts Me wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. So was Patsy.
Complete the sentence, by Lacy.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Sep 15, 2013
There is no legal definition for being 'cleared', only being charged and convicted. Casey Anthony was considered cleared until she was indicted, as is anyone suspected of a crime. The reality is until somebody is charged and convicted nobody is cleared.

Ramsey attorney LL Wood wrote the letter to 'clear' Burke to Boulder DA Hunter - requesting Burke be publically cleared and Hunter signed it - but in reality it bears no legal weight, it is not legally certain. LL Wood is not a criminal Lawyer.

Burke was too young to be charged with murder at the time but that does not mean he was not or could not have been involved.

Since: Sep 11

Germiston, South Africa

#10 Sep 16, 2013
Lin Wood wanted Burke publicly cleared "for the record" due to the bad press he received, but the fact is the authorities never seriously considered him a suspect to begin with.

He has been as much a victim in all this as JonBenet was, just in a different way. Thankfully JonBenet's suffering is over now, but the defamation of Burke's character and the ugly rumours which have circulated about him over the years have undoubtedly caused scars on his mind which will never heal and have ensured he will never live a normal, carefree life. What was done to him as a little boy was nothing short of child abuse and cruelty of the worst sort by ADULTS who one would think would feel protective of a child, not inflict further pain on him.

To compare him with Casey Anthony would be laughable if it weren't so sad.

But continue the persecution. What goes round, comes round.

“WAX ON”

Since: Jul 10

WAX OFF

#11 Sep 16, 2013
...BECAUSE he was too young to be charged.

(You should always finish your sentences Lynette, LOL)

[QUOTE who="Lynette 22]... the authorities never seriously considered him a suspect to begin with....
[/QUOTE]

Since: May 11

AOL

#12 Sep 16, 2013
DrSeussMd wrote:
...BECAUSE he was too young to be charged.
(You should always finish your sentences Lynette, LOL)
<quoted text>
Burke was 'cleared' many times! LOL thou thinks they protesteth too much on that, Hunter, Beckner, Lin Wood, Mary Lacy and Lou Smit all bolstered that claim..yet he's still a suspect in many minds. gee, hard to believe the public's not satisfied with THOSE people's assessment;)
Unless they find the real culprit, have a trial and convict the creep, Burke can't be cleared. Saying he's cleared when they have no idea who did it is unprofessional and legally worthless. It's the same as mary Lacy's bullchit letter to the Ramseys waving her wand over them. Just words WITHOUT FACTS to back them up.
PS Hi Doc:D

“Sandy Stranger killed JonBenet”

Since: Jan 08

Not Boulder, Co.

#13 Sep 16, 2013
Burke was cleared by the original investigators and Hunter.

They couldn't figure out who did what between John and Patsy but they concluded Burje was not involved.

Ditto the GJ.
Biz

Port Richey, FL

#14 Sep 16, 2013
The BDI theory has never made any sense to me. Intelligent parents would never stage a horrific bondage scene to cover for their son. If it was an accident caused by Burke and the parents wanted to cover it up, the logical thing to do would be to say she fell down the steps. The elaborate scene left at the crime would only be more suspicious and unbelievable. It would be stupid to stage because doing so would only create more questions from LE, more investigation by LE, a more drawn out investigation.
These were intelligent caring parents. If their child died by accident and they wanted to cover it up I would think a bondage scene would be out of the question. It's out of character for a normal christian loving family that had nothing but accolades (even from the step children) for their parenting skills.
Biz

Port Richey, FL

#15 Sep 16, 2013
And yes, Burke was CLEARED. He doesn't match the DNA. A tabloid paid him a substantial settlement because they were proven to have lied just for monetary gain. By all accounts Burke cared for his sister as did the rest of the family.

Since: May 11

AOL

#16 Sep 16, 2013
Biz wrote:
And yes, Burke was CLEARED. He doesn't match the DNA. A tabloid paid him a substantial settlement because they were proven to have lied just for monetary gain. By all accounts Burke cared for his sister as did the rest of the family.
"By all accounts Burke cared for his sister"..which accounts? Who can account for Burke's feelings about his sister? What loving act did Burke perform or who did he tell he cared about JonBenet? You say by all accounts and I haven't read ANY accounts that say Burke cared for his sister. TIA

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#17 Sep 16, 2013
Biz wrote:
If their child died by accident and they wanted to cover it up I would think a bondage scene would be out of the question.
Who cares what you think - you're sexually uninformed and repressed if you think Jonbenet was decked out in any sort of bondage scene. The wrist cords were so loosey goosey they slipped off. Her death had nothing to do with sex.
Biz wrote:
It's out of character for a normal christian loving family that had nothing but accolades (even from the step children) for their parenting skills.
An oxymoron from a moron - normal christian step children

Look at the bigger picture - they weren't a normal loving Christian family. It was dysfunction junction.

John cheated on his first wife ending that marriage (that's one of the ten commandments) lost a job due to irregular finances of an expense account (another commandment) and already had one dead daughter.

Patsy was physically ill - so sick she needed experimental treatment to stay alive. She was a nutter who sexualized Jonbenet - dressed her up like a hooker, bleached her hair, and taught her to wiggle her fanny on stage looking sultry. That didn't make it into the commandments because they never though a mother would do that. Patys did not get accolades from her strp kids - JAR said whe was flashy (rhymes with trashy) and please post a link to whet the stpe daughters had to say about her.

Burke and Jonbenet were so traumatized by the events of their lives and the calamity in their family didn't use the toilet.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#18 Sep 16, 2013
Biz wrote:
And yes, Burke was CLEARED. He doesn't match the DNA. A tabloid paid him a substantial settlement because they were proven to have lied just for monetary gain. By all accounts Burke cared for his sister as did the rest of the family.
He buzzzzzzzzzz Your pants are on fire - there isn't a speck of truth there was a substantial settlement. The Ramseys demanded the amount be keep secret - they settled for a peppercorn to save face so they wouldn't have to testify in court.

Burke's has no lawsuit money. He's not living the life of Reily. He works 9-5 at a computer job in Indianpolis. Have you ever been to Indiana?

“Hey”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#19 Sep 17, 2013
If there ever was a correlation with intelligence and crime it's that the smart ones don't get caught. John was brilliant, Patsy was a simpleton, a housewife. A college degree doesn't make you smart, nor does ending letters with a B.A. or however she ended them. I've never seen that before and unless it reads M.D. PhD. or JD, there are no point for them being there. Patsy hadn't accomplished much in life other than being a former beauty queen with a Bachelor's degree. To some that might be impressive but in her social circle it meant nothing so ending her letters in such a way was probably to inform those that she was more than a housewife. The house, cars, planes, money was all John's doing and Patsy probably felt that those around her saw her as useless and foolish so she had to let them know she wasn't. B.A. gave her another title other than "John's wife." I'm getting away from the point though, here it is. Patsy was an idiot, John was the mastermind behind the cover up.
Biz wrote:
The BDI theory has never made any sense to me. Intelligent parents would never stage a horrific bondage scene to cover for their son. If it was an accident caused by Burke and the parents wanted to cover it up, the logical thing to do would be to say she fell down the steps. The elaborate scene left at the crime would only be more suspicious and unbelievable. It would be stupid to stage because doing so would only create more questions from LE, more investigation by LE, a more drawn out investigation.
These were intelligent caring parents. If their child died by accident and they wanted to cover it up I would think a bondage scene would be out of the question. It's out of character for a normal christian loving family that had nothing but accolades (even from the step children) for their parenting skills.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#20 Sep 17, 2013
I disagree. John's business and earning power was nothing without Patsy. He was socially nothing without Patsy. Patsy was smart. John was smart. Collectively they were smarter and masterful liars able to manipulate others.

Patsy was active in the initial hard start up work that lead to Access Graphics. The business started in an Atlanta basement with Patsy running the phones, working the customers - and I don't think she ever let him forget it. It wasn't until after the kids arrived she retired to lead the Junior League charity lifestyle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ICU2 's Child Trafficking (Dec '14) 15 hr ICU2 235
Why is there only one example of John Ramsey's ... 20 hr TheJam83 3
small or sma4 22 hr Blue Sage 21
Head Blow and Strangulation Tue Just Wondering 71
Possible clue to John's initial lack of involve... Tue Just Wondering 104
Pedphile or Foreign Kidnapper Mon Just Wondering 75
What I believe is close to what happened Mon Just Wondering 105
More from around the web