First Prev
of 3
Next Last
CSIEngland

Reynoldsburg, OH

#1 Dec 3, 2009
The pineapple is the bugaboo for both RDI and IDI.

For IDI, it's hard to explain why JB would eat even a few pieces of pineapple with her killer.

But I think it's even more difficult for RDI to explain away. Why, if they were guilty of killing their daughter and creating an elaborate cover up, would the Ramseys not flush the pineapple down a toilet (god knows there were plenty of them in that house and RDI claim they flushed other things down one of them) and wash the glass and bowl and put it away. Voila! No pineapple in the Ramsey house! But they didn't do that. Instead, a bowl containing pineapple consistent with the pineapple JB ate was found on the Ramsey breakfast table.

The Ramseys were not stupid people. The staging, if it was done by them, was elaborate. Why would they, if guilty, overlook something as simple and easy to remedy as the pineapple?

Because they didn't do it. That's why. They're innocent.

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Dec 4, 2009
I won't go as far as to state they are totally innocent, but I will say there is no concrete proof they are guilty.
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Dec 4, 2009
CSIEngland wrote:
For IDI, it's hard to explain why JB would eat even a few pieces of pineapple with her killer.
But I think it's even more difficult for RDI to explain away. Why, if they were guilty of killing their daughter and creating an elaborate cover up, would the Ramseys not flush the pineapple down a toilet (god knows there were plenty of them in that house and RDI claim they flushed other things down one of them) and wash the glass and bowl and put it away. Voila! No pineapple in the Ramsey house! But they didn't do that. Instead, a bowl containing pineapple consistent with the pineapple JB ate was found on the Ramsey breakfast table.
The Ramseys were not stupid people. The staging, if it was done by them, was elaborate. Why would they, if guilty, overlook something as simple and easy to remedy as the pineapple?
Why not just go back into the older threads and get all the answers about the pineapple from an RDI perspective?

After all, YOU posted the answers; and at the time, did so coherently. Why are you asking all these questions again when you have so aptly answered them yourself just a short time ago?
Heloise

UK

#4 Dec 4, 2009
It's not at all hard for RDI to explain. Come hell or high water, the Ramseys had to stick to their story that JBR was 'zonked' when they got home - so much so, that she was taken straight to bed without being washed or even properly dressed for bed.

They were locked into that story when the pineapple evidence was revealed and just had to stick to their guns. Pretty simple, really.

Of course, even more telling would be the information about her hair that we can only assume your relative at FW's party told you about or you obtained illegally since ST obviously tell you anything.
CSIEngland

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5 Dec 4, 2009
Why didn't they just throw the pineapple down the toilet and wash the bowl BEFORE they called the police? If the Ramseys did so much elaborate staging (they didn't as they aren't guilty), then why not flush a little pineapple down the toilet and wash the bowl and glass and then they can REALLY be believed when they say they don't know where the pineapple came from?

Of course the Ramseys would have done that IF they had been guilty. Fact is - they aren't.
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Dec 4, 2009
Here is one of your pineapple explanations from a short time ago

CSI posted:

"Yes, that would be the only reason to lie about the bowl of pineapple. Patsy and John told the police that JB was sleeping when they came home. Either they forgot about the bowl of pineapple and the glass with the tea bag on the table or JB got the bowl of pineapple out of the refrigerator later, which I highly doubt. I think it's just something they overlooked in cooking up their lie about what happened that night.

Obviously, I believe RDI. Definitely. No doubt in my mind. The only doubt I have is which Ramsey did what."
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Dec 4, 2009
Or there is this:

CSI posted:

"Yes, I remember that now, thanks. So Burke or Patsy got the bowl of pineapple out of the refrigerator, if it'd ever been in. But there is NO bowl or spoon with JB's prints on them and I don't believe Patsy washed those but didn't put away the bowl of pineapple and also wash the glass with the tea bag. No, logic says they didn't know JB ate any pineapple and since it was such a small amount, logic also says JB probably just grabbed a few pieces from the bowl when walking past it. At least that's what it says to me at this point.

I've always been a RDI, but I've never been able to figure out which Ramsey did what. It always seemed to bear Parsy's signature more than John's, but I couldn't reconcile the molestation. And the violence. The murder was so violent. I couldn't reconcile the fact that Patsy wouldn't protect her daughter from molestation. I believe bleaching her hair and putting her in all those pageants was abuse, but it wasn't violent abuse. And no way do I believe Burke struck the deadly blow. He didn't have the strength. I had thought JB's death was accidental and Patsy tried to make it look like murder, but if accidental, why not simply call 911?

I'm having a little trouble buying the poster's "Patsy connection" to "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" but I have to admit, the similarities are eerie. I still don't know why he thinks it was premeditated on Patsy's part, though if not, why JB's reference to her secret meeting with Santa later that night?

For me, so far, ONLY RDI works, but it's confusing to me as to WHICH Ramsey."
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Dec 4, 2009
More from CSI:

"Of course the Ramseys didn't kill JB for eating pineapple. They were just unaware that she HAD picked up a few pieces and eaten them or they would have put the bowl away and washed the glass with the tea bag BEFORE they called 911. They forgot to check their breakfast nook table is all. They didn't think there was a reason to do so. All killers get a little careless and the Ramseys were no exception."
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Dec 4, 2009
Another good post from CSI:

"I guess I should have said "at some point in time, Burke touched that bowl of pineapple." When is what we do not know. Not for sure.

Not only did all of the Ramseys deny having seen that bowl of pineapple, Patsy said she can't even remember buying a pineapple or having one given to her. Having one in the house. It's like the pineapple just magically appeared on the breakfast nook table, except for the fact that it has Burke's and Patsy's fingerprints on it. Strange, because other things were wiped clean. It looks like someone forgot the pineapple because they weren't aware JB had eaten a few pieces of it. But yes, it certainly was a threat.

Every way you go in this case, you either run into a wall or something that turns you in the opposite direction.

I'm beginning to wonder if Brother Moon's theory regarding TPOMJB is correct. The pineapple, the long, rambling note, which points right at the Ramseys. It's like Patsy is trying to tell John something in the note, in a very oblique way. Maybe she did catch on to John's molestation (if it ever existed). Problem for me is I can't see (right now) John molesting or Patsy deliberately killing. But don't we say that about many molesters and killers - "Gee, they seemed so nice!" And the Ramseys, at least Patsy, didn't even seem that nice."
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Dec 4, 2009
How about this?

CSI:

"Do you think the Ramseys, especially John, were that unaware that an autopsy would show the contents of her stomach/small intestine? I'm not a medical person and I don't consider myself much above average intelligence and even I know autopsies can reveal what people had to eat hours before they died. For example, Nicole Brown Simpson was shown to have whole, unchewed pieces of rigatoni, I think, in her stomach. What she ate at dinner the evening she was murdered.

Maybe they thought any food found in her stomach could be explained away with, "Oh, she ate it at the Whites." Maybe they didn't think the police would ask the Whites if they served fresh pineapple. "
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Dec 4, 2009
The above answers a lot of the questions about the pineapple. There is an entire thread about it. why not just continue it instead of a new one?

CSI had some good thoughts. Silly to have to bring those thoughts here when you could have just continued the original pineapple thread

I may have to call Topix management and report that CSI is stalking herself
Heloise

UK

#12 Dec 4, 2009
I doubt they even thought about the pineapple.
Heloise

UK

#13 Dec 4, 2009
Actually, they may not have known she nibbled some pineapple when they got home and that this would prove she was awake and did some stuff before going to bed.
CSIEngland

Reynoldsburg, OH

#14 Dec 4, 2009
That makes no sense, Heloise. If they were staging an elaborate crime scene, they would have noticed the pineapple and gotten rid of it simply because it LOOKED like people had been up and doing things after coming home. And as Patsy said, that wasn't her set up. She wouldn't use a serving spoon with a bowl.
CSIEngland

Reynoldsburg, OH

#15 Dec 4, 2009
Capricorn wrote:
Another good post from CSI:
"I guess I should have said "at some point in time, Burke touched that bowl of pineapple." When is what we do not know. Not for sure.
Not only did all of the Ramseys deny having seen that bowl of pineapple, Patsy said she can't even remember buying a pineapple or having one given to her. Having one in the house. It's like the pineapple just magically appeared on the breakfast nook table, except for the fact that it has Burke's and Patsy's fingerprints on it. Strange, because other things were wiped clean. It looks like someone forgot the pineapple because they weren't aware JB had eaten a few pieces of it. But yes, it certainly was a threat.
Every way you go in this case, you either run into a wall or something that turns you in the opposite direction.
I'm beginning to wonder if Brother Moon's theory regarding TPOMJB is correct. The pineapple, the long, rambling note, which points right at the Ramseys. It's like Patsy is trying to tell John something in the note, in a very oblique way. Maybe she did catch on to John's molestation (if it ever existed). Problem for me is I can't see (right now) John molesting or Patsy deliberately killing. But don't we say that about many molesters and killers - "Gee, they seemed so nice!" And the Ramseys, at least Patsy, didn't even seem that nice."
Patsy didn't buy pineapple and cut it up. They didn't really eat it in a bowl or as a snack. Patsy bought it at Safeway already cut up in plastic bags and she used it as garnish. It's in her depositions.

Just FYI.
CSIEngland

Reynoldsburg, OH

#16 Dec 4, 2009
Capricorn wrote:
How about this?
CSI:
"Do you think the Ramseys, especially John, were that unaware that an autopsy would show the contents of her stomach/small intestine? I'm not a medical person and I don't consider myself much above average intelligence and even I know autopsies can reveal what people had to eat hours before they died. For example, Nicole Brown Simpson was shown to have whole, unchewed pieces of rigatoni, I think, in her stomach. What she ate at dinner the evening she was murdered.
Maybe they thought any food found in her stomach could be explained away with, "Oh, she ate it at the Whites." Maybe they didn't think the police would ask the Whites if they served fresh pineapple. "
No, I think JR, especially, was smart enough and cool enough under pressure to know that an autopsy would be performed and the stomach contents (even if he was unaware of what they were) would be examined. Maybe Patsy wouldn't have thought of it, but John would have, I think.

And that does not mean I think they're guilty. I don't. I think they're innocent.
CommonSense

Cambridge Springs, PA

#17 Dec 4, 2009
CSIEngland wrote:
You have no training in logical thinking at all, do you?(Don't answer, I already know the answer.)

Anyway, you are ASSUMING the Ramseys KNEW JonBenet had eaten the pineapple. Even if they did know, you are assuming the Ramseys would no it would have been significant.

However, the Ramseys HAD to tell the police that JonBenet was taken straight to bed that night and never woke up that night, because their version forstalls the possibility that something might have occurred while the Ramseys were still awake.
CommonSense

Cambridge Springs, PA

#18 Dec 4, 2009
CSIEngland wrote:
Why didn't they just throw the pineapple down the toilet and wash the bowl BEFORE they called the police? If the Ramseys did so much elaborate staging (they didn't as they aren't guilty), then why not flush a little pineapple down the toilet and wash the bowl and glass and then they can REALLY be believed when they say they don't know where the pineapple came from?
Of course the Ramseys would have done that IF they had been guilty. Fact is - they aren't.
Because BURKE apparently had some pineapple too, and he might have told the police he ate pineapple, and then the Ramseys would REALLY have been in a "pickle," right?

You have to stop displaying your lack of intelligence and lack of insight.
Capricorn

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Dec 4, 2009
CSI,

The posts you are responding to are YOUR posts from the other pineapple thread.

While they are good posts, they aren't MINE, they are YOURS

You are only disagreeing with yourself
CommonSense

Cambridge Springs, PA

#20 Dec 4, 2009
CSIEngland wrote:
That makes no sense, Heloise. If they were staging an elaborate crime scene, they would have noticed the pineapple and gotten rid of it simply because it LOOKED like people had been up and doing things after coming home. And as Patsy said, that wasn't her set up. She wouldn't use a serving spoon with a bowl.
Patsy was lying about everything!!!!(Or, at least she COULD have been.) You want to choose to believe her, apparently. And that is all you can do, believe some people over others. You have no ability towards independent thought whatsoever, apparently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
koldkase patsy wrote the note 27 min Detective Xyitech 6
The timeline on the 26 Dec 1 hr Rangette 5
James Kolar book: Foreign Faction: Who really... (Jul '12) 2 hr Rangette 1,051
Note-odd detail? 7 hr Legal__Eagle 552
But Not From You (Oct '09) 8 hr Legal__Eagle 29
SBTC and victory ??? 12 hr Detective Xyitech 2
Lou encourage Ramseys to exhume body? 22 hr Just Wondering 32
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••