The FBI on the JonBenet Ramsey case

Posted in the JonBenet Ramsey Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
candy

East Lansing, MI

#1 Mar 25, 2012
A very INTERESTING post about the FBI's teaching on this case:

SomeDame 4 comments: A friend of mine is a detective. He had to attend a seminar conducted by a former FBI agent. The agent told the group that the FBI is convinced Patsy Ramsey killed Jon Benet, but could never prove it with cold hard evidence. Supposedly there were bed-wetting issues and other unreported details. I'm just passing on what he told me.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/...

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#2 Mar 26, 2012
Unfortunately, as we have seen, the media doesn't care if they get it right or are reporting the facts. They don't take the time to do their factfinding and this was never more evident than in the Aphrodite Jones show

There have been countless media reports and TV accounts that just aren't true and provide information that is nothing but MISinformation

It's a shame that they aren't held accountable and all the public can do is try and correct them, usually to no avail.

Since: Sep 11

Boksburg, South Africa

#4 Mar 27, 2012
Unprincipled, unethical reporters as well as greedy, corrupt police officers who illegally leak information to the press are a disgrace to their profession and deserve to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. They have been responsible for the public lynching of many innocent people and have caused untold misery. No one understands this better than the Ramseys.

RAMSEYS' STATEMENT

The following statement was issued Wednesday night by John and Patsy Ramsey and their lawyers:

After almost three years of intense legal scrutiny, with the aid of a grand jury of honest and responsible citizens, it has been determined that there is simply not sufficient information to indict anyone for the murder of JonBenet. We take no satisfaction in this result because a child killer remains free and undetected.

The Ramsey family lives in a nightmare. There has been no end to the public lynching and speculation which marred this case from the beginning. The public has been misled by a constant stream of attacks and false information from people all too eager for a headline regardless of truth. Those persons who have biased this case by leaking false, incomplete or misleading information are as corrupt as those who report it. The time has come for an accounting of those responsible for this spectacle.

Experienced detectives were removed from this investigation in 1998. It is our request that this investigation be renewed by returning these skilled investigators to authority. This crime cannot be solved by those who close their minds to any lead which is inconsistent with their biases.

We thank our many friends and family members for standing by us during this terrible ordeal. We also extend our thanks to the grand jurors who took so much time out of their own lives to assist the investigation.

There is still much work to be done. We remain committed to finding our daughter's killer. With God's help, we will succeed.

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#5 Mar 27, 2012
So Lynette, I imagine you've written to the Governor to ask that Hunter be prosecuted for leaking to the press?

He was leaking more and before anyone else

Let us know what the governor says when you demand that all be held accountable

Thanks

“WAX ON”

Since: Jul 10

WAX OFF

#6 Mar 27, 2012
This was 12 years ago Lynette.
Pay special attention to the phrase "We remain committed to finding our daughter's killer."

Not cooperating in an investigation from day 1, and not going later when asked for interviews is NOT cooperating.
Lynette 22 wrote:
Unprincipled, unethical reporters as well as greedy, corrupt police officers who illegally leak information to the press are a disgrace to their profession and deserve to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. They have been responsible for the public lynching of many innocent people and have caused untold misery. No one understands this better than the Ramseys.
RAMSEYS' STATEMENT
The following statement was issued Wednesday night by John and Patsy Ramsey and their lawyers:
After almost three years of intense legal scrutiny, with the aid of a grand jury of honest and responsible citizens, it has been determined that there is simply not sufficient information to indict anyone for the murder of JonBenet. We take no satisfaction in this result because a child killer remains free and undetected.
The Ramsey family lives in a nightmare. There has been no end to the public lynching and speculation which marred this case from the beginning. The public has been misled by a constant stream of attacks and false information from people all too eager for a headline regardless of truth. Those persons who have biased this case by leaking false, incomplete or misleading information are as corrupt as those who report it. The time has come for an accounting of those responsible for this spectacle.
Experienced detectives were removed from this investigation in 1998. It is our request that this investigation be renewed by returning these skilled investigators to authority. This crime cannot be solved by those who close their minds to any lead which is inconsistent with their biases.
We thank our many friends and family members for standing by us during this terrible ordeal. We also extend our thanks to the grand jurors who took so much time out of their own lives to assist the investigation.
There is still much work to be done. We remain committed to finding our daughter's killer. With God's help, we will succeed.

Since: Sep 11

Boksburg, South Africa

#7 Mar 27, 2012
Capricorn wrote:
So Lynette, I imagine you've written to the Governor to ask that Hunter be prosecuted for leaking to the press?
He was leaking more and before anyone else
Let us know what the governor says when you demand that all be held accountable
Thanks
As I understand it, many of the leaks from the DA's office was to counter some of the damage done by leaks from the police. I was reading about it the other day, but have forgotten the source.

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#8 Mar 27, 2012
DrSeussMd wrote:
This was 12 years ago Lynette.
Pay special attention to the phrase "We remain committed to finding our daughter's killer."
Not cooperating in an investigation from day 1, and not going later when asked for interviews is NOT cooperating.
<quoted text>
Nor committed; they were never committed

Since: Sep 11

Boksburg, South Africa

#9 Mar 27, 2012
DrSeussMd wrote:
This was 12 years ago Lynette.
Pay special attention to the phrase "We remain committed to finding our daughter's killer."
Not cooperating in an investigation from day 1, and not going later when asked for interviews is NOT cooperating.
<quoted text>
I'm not going into that old, tired argument all over again. The Ramseys did not refuse to cooperate. If you don't understand, or don't WANT to understand, the politics behind that situation by now, you never will.

“WAX ON”

Since: Jul 10

WAX OFF

#10 Mar 27, 2012
I totally understand the situation and without the rose-colored glasses you seem to be wearing. The Ramsey lack of cooperation had nothing to do with politics from the Ramsey point-of-view. Letting the Ramseys skate free WAS most assuredly political from the DA's point-of-view. That doesn't make them any less guilty though.
Lynette 22 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not going into that old, tired argument all over again. The Ramseys did not refuse to cooperate. If you don't understand, or don't WANT to understand, the politics behind that situation by now, you never will.

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#11 Mar 27, 2012
Lynette 22 wrote:
<quoted text>As I understand it, many of the leaks from the DA's office was to counter some of the damage done by leaks from the police. I was reading about it the other day, but have forgotten the source.
You understand wrong. Hunter couldn't "counter" what hadn't been done YET!

Hunter was the first

“WAX ON”

Since: Jul 10

WAX OFF

#12 Mar 27, 2012
I agree, but the IDIs refuse to admit HUNTER was the first and the biggest leak in the whole investigation. None o blind as those who will not see.

OT:
Check your group email Cap, they changed the restaurant for next Tuesday)
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand wrong. Hunter couldn't "counter" what hadn't been done YET!
Hunter was the first

Since: Sep 11

Boksburg, South Africa

#13 Mar 27, 2012
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand wrong. Hunter couldn't "counter" what hadn't been done YET!
Hunter was the first
Could you source that please?

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#14 Mar 27, 2012
Lynette 22 wrote:
<quoted text>Could you source that please?
You won't like or believe my sources. They are news articles and Thomas' book

Now can you source that Hunter was "countering" leaks already out?

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#15 Mar 27, 2012
DrSeussMd wrote:
I agree, but the IDIs refuse to admit HUNTER was the first and the biggest leak in the whole investigation. None o blind as those who will not see.
OT:
Check your group email Cap, they changed the restaurant for next Tuesday)<quoted text>
The IDI's refuse to accept that Hunter was one of the most corrupt and dirty players in this case and the MAIN reason this little girl will never see justice. He got the ball rolling in the wrong direction for justice and did what he was told to do, doing it well and successfully.

Thanks for the email. I admit, I'm disappointed :((I'll get over it lol)

“Sandy Stranger killed JonBenet”

Since: Jan 08

Not Boulder, Co.

#16 Mar 27, 2012
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand wrong. Hunter couldn't "counter" what hadn't been done YET!
Hunter was the first
That is correct.
Henri McPhee

Ringwood, UK

#17 Mar 27, 2012
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
The IDI's refuse to accept that Hunter was one of the most corrupt and dirty players in this case and the MAIN reason this little girl will never see justice. He got the ball rolling in the wrong direction for justice and did what he was told to do, doing it well and successfully.
Thanks for the email. I admit, I'm disappointed :((I'll get over it lol)
I have always regarded Alex Hunter as fair and just, and very keen to make sure there was no rush to judgement. Hunter always said that you don't prosecute if you don't have enough evidence, which is true.

The Boulder police and FBI had no evidence against the Ramseys, except that the Ramseys were in the house when it all happened, and that Patsy might have thought she was Sandy Stranger.

It's true that Alex Hunter did disclose to Globe boy reporter Jeff Shapiro, once, that Fleet White was under an umbrella of suspicion. I wouldn't call that corrupt, and it resulted in Shapiro being chased around the roads of Boulder by Fleet White in a reckless car chase.

That was after Steve Thomas had illegally disclosed goodness knows how much confidential police information to the media, and probably to Fleet and Priscilla White.

“WAX ON”

Since: Jul 10

WAX OFF

#18 Mar 27, 2012
How many people can you libel in one post Henri? LOL, this might be a record.

HUNTER WAS FIRST with the leaks.

Hunter was in a very powerful position but wasn't living up to what he promised during his election campaign, and that was becoming more and more obvious - he didn't take ANYTHING to court! That was the problem.

He said he was against plea deals, but nothing changed except the name of the ‘deed’ which now became pre-charging negotiations. The deal was made before the defendant was charged – and they thought they were getting away with something, LOL. Not hardly!
Henri McPhee wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always regarded Alex Hunter as fair and just, and very keen to make sure there was no rush to judgement. Hunter always said that you don't prosecute if you don't have enough evidence, which is true.
The Boulder police and FBI had no evidence against the Ramseys, except that the Ramseys were in the house when it all happened, and that Patsy might have thought she was Sandy Stranger.
It's true that Alex Hunter did disclose to Globe boy reporter Jeff Shapiro, once, that Fleet White was under an umbrella of suspicion. I wouldn't call that corrupt, and it resulted in Shapiro being chased around the roads of Boulder by Fleet White in a reckless car chase.
That was after Steve Thomas had illegally disclosed goodness knows how much confidential police information to the media, and probably to Fleet and Priscilla White.

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#19 Mar 27, 2012
Capricorn wrote:
<quoted text>
The IDI's refuse to accept that Hunter was one of the most corrupt and dirty players in this case and the MAIN reason this little girl will never see justice. He got the ball rolling in the wrong direction for justice and did what he was told to do, doing it well and successfully.
Thanks for the email. I admit, I'm disappointed :((I'll get over it lol)
Ah, but I hear it is one of the finest seafood places in the city! I'm good with the change, but I was good with the other choice as well, so guess that makes me easy peasy, eh? I seldom have trouble finding something scrumptious wherever I go.

As for Hunter? You can't have read everything on the case and not know he was powerful and crooked, so I don't get why the IDIs can't see that. He used to call himself Mr.Evidence, LOL, and yet only went to court once in a blue moon.
FoolsGold

Fort Myers, FL

#20 Mar 27, 2012
candy wrote:
A very INTERESTING post about the FBI's teaching on this case:
SomeDame 4 comments: A friend of mine is a detective. He had to attend a seminar conducted by a former FBI agent. The agent told the group that the FBI is convinced Patsy Ramsey killed Jon Benet, but could never prove it with cold hard evidence. Supposedly there were bed-wetting issues and other unreported details. I'm just passing on what he told me.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/...
No responsible FBI agent would say such a thing. The FBI profilers were consulted early on by the BPD and set the BPD on the wrong course.

“2009, 2011, 2012”

Since: Aug 11

Roll Tide - Good Luck, Tide!

#21 Mar 27, 2012
Legal__Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but I hear it is one of the finest seafood places in the city! I'm good with the change, but I was good with the other choice as well, so guess that makes me easy, eh? I seldom have trouble finding something scrumptious wherever I go.
Easy? LOLOLOL Out of the mouths of babes!!!!

When you have sunk to the bottom, the ONLY place you can go is UP !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ICU2 's Child Trafficking 54 min ICU2 17
Fleet and Priscilla White on Peter Boyles show ... 5 hr Mama2JML 41
JonBenet Investigation (Nov '11) Tue JBI 1,629
JonBenet Ramsey, DNA and the Phantom of Heilbronn Dec 22 Bakatari 6
The Forgotten Suspect Dec 22 Legal__Eagle 227
"Note-Free Case Discussion" Dec 22 Legal__Eagle 99
It always leads back to Burke (Oct '11) Dec 22 Capricorn 107
More from around the web