Boulder, Colo., police regain lead ro...

Boulder, Colo., police regain lead role in JonBenet murder case...

There are 1660 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 2, 2009, titled Boulder, Colo., police regain lead role in JonBenet murder case.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Boulder police are once again taking charge of the investigation into the slaying of JonBenet Ramsey, 12 years after the little girl was killed in her home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 83
Next Last
What The F

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Feb 2, 2009
Too bad the dopey cops wasted 12 years persecuting the parents. I think the investigation should target whomever accused them in the first place.

BrotherMoon

“Sandy Stranger killed JonBenet”

Since: Jan 08

Not Boulder, Co.

#2 Feb 2, 2009
What The F wrote:
Too bad the dopey cops wasted 12 years persecuting the parents. I think the investigation should target whomever accused them in the first place.
Produce the Intruder!
thingy

El Paso, TX

#4 Feb 2, 2009
Sometimes it is simple. Look in the family.

BrotherMoon

“Sandy Stranger killed JonBenet”

Since: Jan 08

Not Boulder, Co.

#5 Feb 2, 2009
The Intruder lives!
Reality

Glen Ellyn, IL

#6 Feb 2, 2009
thingy wrote:
Sometimes it is simple. Look in the family.
That's what the cops did and it went NO WHERE! DNA says NO!

Read the article.
Patricia Fox

Hogansville, GA

#7 Feb 2, 2009
To quote the above article. "Lacy said that the reason her office took over the investigation in 2002 was that THE RAMSEY FAMILY had no confidence in the BPD."

Tell me it isn't so. She would let SUSPECTS dictate what the agenda should be.
thingy

El Paso, TX

#8 Feb 2, 2009
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what the cops did and it went NO WHERE! DNA says NO!
Read the article.
There was a lot of evidence, and lack of evidence that they lost. They screwed up big time. You can not rule out anyone. Even Mom.
rosco

Plainfield, IL

#9 Feb 2, 2009
A small little police dept. was embarrassed with this case, so they are gonna try again?
learnin

Gardner, KS

#10 Feb 2, 2009
What The F wrote:
Too bad the dopey cops wasted 12 years persecuting the parents. I think the investigation should target whomever accused them in the first place.
Heck, you can't investigate the whole world!
Dave

Chicago, IL

#11 Feb 2, 2009
Patricia Fox wrote:
To quote the above article. "Lacy said that the reason her office took over the investigation in 2002 was that THE RAMSEY FAMILY had no confidence in the BPD."
Tell me it isn't so. She would let SUSPECTS dictate what the agenda should be.
It's a good thing for the investigation to be out of the hands of politicians like Lacy. The new investigators should ask Mr. Ramsey why there were no footprints in the fresh snow from the supposed intruder.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#12 Feb 2, 2009
Task force members so far:

• Colorado Bureau of Investigation

• Federal Bureau of Investigation

• Boulder District Attorney’s Office

• Telluride Police Department

• Boulder County Sheriff’s Office

• Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office

• Attorney General’s Office

• Denver District Attorney’s Office

• Denver Police Department
candy

East Lansing, MI

#13 Feb 2, 2009
Quote: To quote the above article. "Lacy said that the reason her office took over the investigation in 2002 was that THE RAMSEY FAMILY had no confidence in the BPD."

Tell me it isn't so. She would let SUSPECTS dictate what the agenda should be.

That's because Lin Wood was going to sue the BPD over Thomas's leaks.
speck

United States

#14 Feb 2, 2009
I hope BR agrees to a polygraph. He's knows more
than he ever said. He was there he had to hear something.

TTAGPINE

Satellite Provider

#15 Feb 2, 2009
Whats that you say? The DNA is inconclusive? There goes the neighborhood!
FoolsGold

Bonita Springs, FL

#16 Feb 2, 2009
The Ramseys had long had their lawyers campaign to get a more experienced police agency involved with the case.
Now its going back to the BPD as a "cold case" and with some sort of Rubber Stamp from an Advisory Board of Consultants.

I am not hopeful but do indeed hope someone at the BPD wakes up and does it right this time.
TTAGPINE

Satellite Provider

#17 Feb 2, 2009
candy wrote:
Task force members so far:
• Colorado Bureau of Investigation
• Federal Bureau of Investigation
• Boulder District Attorney’s Office
• Telluride Police Department
• Boulder County Sheriff’s Office
• Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
• Attorney General’s Office
• Denver District Attorney’s Office
• Denver Police Department
I wonder if any of these Task force members were approved by JR?
Patricia Fox

Hialeah, FL

#18 Feb 2, 2009
TTAGPINE wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if any of these Task force members were approved by JR?
FOTFL- that's a good one...

Since: Jul 08

North Carolina

#19 Feb 2, 2009
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

My opinion is that this is a shrewd way for the new district attorney to toss a hot potato to the BPD, and never have to mention that case again or speak of it. Should anyone call, his office will refer them to the BPD's phone number.
ron

United States

#20 Feb 2, 2009
I was always of the opinion that the Ramsey family was totally innocent. There was just no motivation or reason for them to kill their daughter. Some journalists made a fortune by claiming the Ramsey family was guilty. I hope it is solved so those idiots have to eat crow. Several months after the incident, I was is Barnes and Noble Book Store in Wichita, KS. I saw a small book on the topic of unusual knots. Knowing that the cord used to strangle Jon Bennet, was reported to be unusual, I thought the perpetrator may have had access to this book, and may have purchased the same book at a Barnes and Noble in Denver. When I got home that night at about 11:30 pm I sent an email to John Ramsey in Denver. I told him of the book and my thoughts about it. The next morning, a Sunday morning, I had a reply from Mr. Ramsey. He thanked me for writing and said he would look into it. The email was sent around 6am. I never knew JR and he sure didn't know me, yet he took the time to reply immediately to my email. I suggest to you skeptics that this is not the murderer. Rather, it is a response from an extremely concerned parent. By the way, I don't claim to be an expert on this case, but I do happen to possess a Ph.D in Human Learning and Motivation and I'd bet my degree that the Ramseys are totally innocent. Get over it and give the Ramsey family some peace of mind.

ron

United States

#21 Feb 2, 2009
I don't know why my address is listed as Mitchell Indiana. I am from Anna, Illinois

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 83
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are you watching closely? 2 hr Non-state Actor 40
John Andrew Ramsey Said What?? (Nov '16) 3 hr Non-state Actor 237
News Amanda's anger: 'Whole world knew who I had sex... 6 hr Tex-Ankini 6
change the name to MOONJACK & FRANKIE'S FORUM (Aug '11) 6 hr Tex-Ankini 8
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) 6 hr Tex-Ankini 7
News Experts reveal it takes five months to lose the... 6 hr Tex-Ankini 5
News Being overweight may be caused by the clock in ... 6 hr Tex-Ankini 32
More from around the web