John Ramsey's Lingering Suspicions
candy

East Lansing, MI

#61 Oct 15, 2008
This whole situation is so hinky, that I wrote Franks, Stan Garnett, the new DA, and current DA Robert Morganthau about the situation. No one has plausible deniablity any more. It reeks of influence peddling to me. Ramsey knows the usual softballs are all retiring, and now he has to deal with someone with REAL homicide experience in a REAL DA's office, the Manhattan DA's office, not the type of Team Scamsey pals that would run off to Thailand, chasing their perps of the week.

Since: Jul 08

North Carolina

#62 Oct 15, 2008
Maybe he sold the plane the day before the interview.

Cases can be settled for little more than court costs and a promise to go away and shut up. Besides, I hear that lawyers can get as much as 90 percent of the take after gleanings of their fees and $300 phone calls.

I'm sure that the PR firms that his lawyers hired charged more than any of us could imagine. This would be especially true if the firms specialized in the "dark arts" of PR, as some of the RDI's here believe. Meaning, salaries are paid to people to kick up enough dust to obscure a clearer view. Those who pay the firms do not always know what they signed up for, and how ugly it can get.

They pay for a result - get us out of this trouble. The "how" is not something they question or had even envisioned until the lives of almost all they knew become torn apart.

Something I wonder: IF, for example, Patsy did this, or someone else in the family, would JR do this the same way again if he were transported back to that morning when 9-1-1 was dialed? He would have remained free from prison, but I would guess his life would have been better to have come clean, begun a foundation for family members with twisted relatives or something, funded research of effects of experimental chemo that removes hormones on emotions and judgment - well, whatever.

He could have had a real life. People would have hired him rather than see him as a villain. Assuming, that is, someone else was the killer and not him. No matter what Patsy chose, she would have been gone anyhow by now.
Shill

Van Nuys, CA

#63 Oct 16, 2008
jahazafat wrote:
I have sweaters on my closet shelf made of both merino lambswool and cashmere and can't tell the difference
Some people are more sophisticated then others and can tell lamb from goat wool.

Just because you paid for labels, it isn't going to increase your sophistication.
Shill

Van Nuys, CA

#64 Oct 16, 2008
Capricorn wrote:
So tell us Shill, you are upset we are pointing out the lies and inconsistencies of the article? Just what should we be discussing?
What the heck are you talking about?

I pointed out that an interviewer noteing John Ramsey was wearing a cashmere sweater 12 years after his daughters death was relevant to NOTHING.

You seem to think that it implies something, so please do elaborate and open your mouth and insert foot.
jahazafat

Troy, ID

#65 Oct 16, 2008
Shill wrote:
<quoted text>Some people are more sophisticated then others and can tell lamb from goat wool.
Just because you paid for labels, it isn't going to increase your sophistication.
To question anyone's sophistication means you have none... hahahaha
Capricorn

Southampton, NY

#66 Oct 16, 2008
Shill wrote:
<quoted text>What the heck are you talking about?
I pointed out that an interviewer noteing John Ramsey was wearing a cashmere sweater 12 years after his daughters death was relevant to NOTHING.
You seem to think that it implies something, so please do elaborate and open your mouth and insert foot.
Why don't YOU elaborate first and tell us just WHAT the purpose of that article was. Just WHAT was relevant that we, the common folk, unlike you, can comment on. His poverty? His self-pity? Just what is acceptable for your highness for us to comment about?

If the interviewer can comment on the fabric of John's sweater and the darling color of his hair and his "debonaireness", we can certainly comment. How is his hair color and debonaireness relevant?

Do tell, all knowing one Shill

Once again, I'll get the Kleenex for John, and the "Just for Men" to keep his golden locks beautiful in ALL seasons.

Nelly, kazoo? bugle? botox?
daffodil

Glasgow, UK

#67 Oct 16, 2008
Shill wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you even bother to post daffydildo?
Your next post will be your typical agreeing with some RDI that the Ramseys are guilty, even though you have just posted that the DNA clears the Whites, showing you are totally clueless to this paradox.
Yawn
koldkase

Athens, GA

#68 Oct 16, 2008
Interesting ideas, LucyD.

"Ramsey Foundation for Families with Members Who Murder"

It has a certain poetic alliteration.... Poetic justice? LOL

Also, your observations about the writer are also thought provoking. I guess we're hard on the woman. Just because she wrote about a topic of which she obviously knows nothing doesn't make her a total failure. After all, as always, she gave us an shocking insight through the eyes of Pam Archuletta.

I'm still trying to process all the info on Patsy's statement JonBenet was "flirting" with people. The connotation is inarguably that JonBenet was acting inappropriately, in a sexually provocative manner. Of course, JonBenet had no way of knowing, as she was just imitating behavior she learned from others and was rewarded for mimicking in pageants, after all. But for Patsy to bring it up to Pam A like that, using "flirting" to describe her concerning behavior, that's really a shock considering how JonBenet died and how she had prior vaginal injuries. Too much coincidence, IMO.

Also, Archulette blames their "protection" of the Ramseys as contributing to her divorce...in fact, she said it was the CAUSE. How strange that is. I don't get it.

Remember that Mr. Archuletta was going to fly with JR and the family to Charlevoix and stay there with them, and then fly them back. This was due to JR's eyesight...was it cataracts?...effecting his flying, JR said himself. But JR flies now. Does he use a co-pilot now? Maybe Burke?

At any rate, I remember thinking that Mr. Archuletta must be getting paid well to leave his family the day after Christmas Day to spend two days with the Ramsey family. John was his employer, as he used Ramsey's plane for his commuter flight business, didn't he? Or am I misremembering?

And didn't Archuletta end up buying one of John's planes after the murder? Yeah, I remember that, as well, as Archuletta built his business up with his other partner. In fact, the other partner was the one who answered the phone first that morning, wasn't he...or something like that? Sorry, it's been so long, and those files are on another disc format.

You do know that the Archuletta's were very close to the Ramseys, right? Pam A. worked with Patsy on the Christmas Parade Boy Scout float for a couple of years, I read in one of the books--sorry, I just can't remember which one. JonBenet and Burke were left with the Archulettas and their children on occasion, if memory serves.

My mind goes to a lot of questions here. One is why would Mr. Archuletta abandon his wife to deal with the Ramseys under such awful circimstances, as she obviously felt he did? Pam A. must have resented it, I'm deducing from what she said.

Did Mr. Archuletta know something he didn't want to face or was afraid he'd betray? Did he have suspicions? Did he feel guilty? What was he running from that he left his family to deal with alone in such terrible circumstances?

I don't know. More questions, as usual. I just remember when I researched the info on Archuletta's business and his relationship to the Ramseys, I had a lot of questions about what Archuletta's part in all this might really have been--and it might be nothing more than what we know taken at face value, let me add. But I have always believed there are those close to the Ramseys who do know a lot more who have never talked--and probably never will, for their own reasons.
koldkase

Athens, GA

#69 Oct 16, 2008
thewhitewitchone wrote:
<quoted text>
You can copy any post of mine you'd like at FFJ. Wish I could join.
Click on the "contact us" link at the bottom of a FFJ webpage and apply. If the admins are accepting members....

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#70 Oct 16, 2008
koldkase wrote:
<quoted text>
Click on the "contact us" link at the bottom of a FFJ webpage and apply. If the admins are accepting members....
They wouldn't accept me last time I tried because I have a yahoo e-mail address. What's up with that?
koldkase

Athens, GA

#71 Oct 17, 2008
thewhitewitchone wrote:
<quoted text>
They wouldn't accept me last time I tried because I have a yahoo e-mail address. What's up with that?
Oh, sorry, we all have to give our server accounts. That's because in the past, there were many trolls who solely came into FFJ to disrupt the forum; the admin just got tired of it, I guess. It actually goes back a long time, to another great forum that soured from all the bitter fighting over various malicious rumors and personal attacks. That forum closed in a huge mess and lots of retaliation.

Then there are those who just want to come in and attack us for obvious RST/IDI reasons. There really are a lot of wackos out here, which you know as well. So FFJ won't even accept new members without old ones vouching for them. I did put in a good word for you.

But if you're not comfortable giving up your server email, I understand. I have great reservations about giving up my server info when I don't know those to whom I'm giving it.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#72 Oct 24, 2008
The Globe basically copied this story and gave it a whole page in their new issue. No fact checking either from them, no surprise.
Thinkorthwim

Denver, CO

#73 Oct 24, 2008
koldkase wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, sorry, we all have to give our server accounts. That's because in the past, there were many trolls who solely came into FFJ to disrupt the forum; the admin just got tired of it, I guess. It actually goes back a long time, to another great forum that soured from all the bitter fighting over various malicious rumors and personal attacks. That forum closed in a huge mess and lots of retaliation.
Then there are those who just want to come in and attack us for obvious RST/IDI reasons. There really are a lot of wackos out here, which you know as well. So FFJ won't even accept new members without old ones vouching for them. I did put in a good word for you.
But if you're not comfortable giving up your server email, I understand. I have great reservations about giving up my server info when I don't know those to whom I'm giving it.
Put in a good word for me?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#74 Oct 6, 2013
I pointed a link at this thread--good times!

However, as people may be reading here because of that link, I want to add some info about Mr. Robert Morgenthau, as he is mentioned as the former N.Y. District Attorney married to the author of the article we're discussing.

Mr. Morgenthau's wife, Lucinda Franks, may be careless in her work, but I must say the man himself is a walking piece of history.

I'm sure there are countless arguments as to the pros and cons of his accomplishments as D.A., including criticisms of how he handled cases involving LE corruption. But no one is perfect and there is something to be said for weathering the prosecution of 3.5 million cases. The list of infamous cases he oversaw that we've all heard about and followed is jaw-dropping; not to mention the famous lawyers and politicians who worked for him through his years as D.A.

The man deserves my respect for his life and his work. He is a portrait of American Law and Politics at its highest level in the last century.

I should add that in addition to that, he served in our country's armed forces during important battles of WW II. He has known and worked for Presidents going back to Franklin D. Roosevelt...to quote just a little of his biography. Who can say that today?

I must give the man his due: his is a life well-lived.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/15/nyregion/ev...

So I just felt he deserves for this to be said here, in the context of being brought up in relation to such a shameful piece of reportage linked to this landmark criminal injustice perpetuated by two other District Attorneys who have brought nothing but shame and disgrace to the Office and the Law.

Are you listening, Mr. Garnett? The Boulder D.A. Office will never shake the taint of shame and dishonor until someone steps up to the plate with enough integrity to do the right thing for the Office, the Law, and the murdered child so long ago buried without justice.

The only question now is do you have it?
egad

Walnut Creek, CA

#75 Oct 7, 2013
If Ramsey really thought the Whites were involved in JonBenet's death, wouldn't he be pursuing that every waking moment? Parents of murdered children hound police for decades, especially when they think they know who did it. It would be driving him crazy.

“WAX ON”

Since: Jul 10

WAX OFF

#76 Oct 7, 2013
You make a great point. Innocent parents of truly missing / murdered children generally do, yes!

So to not act that way brings up the debate of John knowing the Whites were innocent all along and was just blowing smoke, and/or he already knew what happened to his daughter!
egad wrote:
If Ramsey really thought the Whites were involved in JonBenet's death, wouldn't he be pursuing that every waking moment? Parents of murdered children hound police for decades, especially when they think they know who did it. It would be driving him crazy.

Since: May 11

AOL

#77 Oct 7, 2013
DrSeussMd wrote:
You make a great point. Innocent parents of truly missing / murdered children generally do, yes!
So to not act that way brings up the debate of John knowing the Whites were innocent all along and was just blowing smoke, and/or he already knew what happened to his daughter!
<quoted text>
The title of this thread is laughable! Lingering suspicions my foot. When Nancy Krebbs came onto the scene, JR said NOTHING. I watched a program over the weekend about a young man murdered in Singapore, which the authorities claimed was suicide. His parents are RELENTLESS to this day, insisting it was murder and something be done. The young man was about 27, not a child, and yet his parents think of him as their 'boy'. If the man hung around someone whose past was dubious, they'd dog that lead until they got answers. JR either doesn't care who killed JBR, or he KNOWS FW had nothing whatsoever to do with JBR's murder...and how would he know that?
JR has no lingering suspicions, nor does he have the fire in his belly to get his 6 year old justice. Lingering suspicions? LOL!

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#78 Oct 7, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
The title of this thread is laughable! Lingering suspicions my foot. When Nancy Krebbs came onto the scene, JR said NOTHING. I watched a program over the weekend about a young man murdered in Singapore, which the authorities claimed was suicide. His parents are RELENTLESS to this day, insisting it was murder and something be done. The young man was about 27, not a child, and yet his parents think of him as their 'boy'. If the man hung around someone whose past was dubious, they'd dog that lead until they got answers. JR either doesn't care who killed JBR, or he KNOWS FW had nothing whatsoever to do with JBR's murder...and how would he know that?
JR has no lingering suspicions, nor does he have the fire in his belly to get his 6 year old justice. Lingering suspicions? LOL!
It appears you and I watch a lot of the same shows on current and cold cases, LMAO, I saw that show too, and it was so sad they way the family was treated over there wasn't it? Some of these shows like the Singapore one and the Cold Justice ones just tear at your heart, don't they?

John Ramsey has never lifted a finger to find justice for his daughter!
egad

Walnut Creek, CA

#79 Oct 7, 2013
And Ramsey, with his corporate connections, would have access to private investigators willing to bend the law. Ramsey wouldn't let Fleet White (or anyone else he knew) b-slap him that way and just get away with it.

Since: May 11

AOL

#80 Oct 7, 2013
Legal__Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears you and I watch a lot of the same shows on current and cold cases, LMAO, I saw that show too, and it was so sad they way the family was treated over there wasn't it? Some of these shows like the Singapore one and the Cold Justice ones just tear at your heart, don't they?
John Ramsey has never lifted a finger to find justice for his daughter!
Hi LE:D
Yes, it appears we have the same viewing interests indeed! The fact that WE care about these unsolved murders is one thing, but when you hear 'everyone grieves differently' or some such statement, these shows tell us that's pretty much bullchit. Nobody INNOCENT walks away before they get answers. That family basically stopped living while searching for the truth, and yes LE, they were treated horribly and still pressed on. The Ramseys hired pr people before the world ever heard of JonBenet. Their ONLY concern was a future jury and public opinion.
JR knows this case will never see an end, and he's so good with that he could fly around the moon! He probably does a jig now and then, so pleased with the fact that the answers will not come in his lifetime. Yay! He won:D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeffrey MacDonald Is Guilty (Sep '08) 4 hr Azdove 7,564
Seriously? 6 hr Blue Sage 24
John Ramsey's Fair Justice Foundation 7 hr candy 3
News GLOBE: JonBenet Ramsey Murder Was Inside Job - ... 8 hr Just Wondering 33
Burke's Emotional Load 8 hr Just Wondering 44
Thomas vs Kolar--both are excellent but... 8 hr Just Wondering 14
Jonbenet 'accidentally' what???? (Feb '13) 13 hr Blue Sage 45
More from around the web