Lisa

Mercer, PA

#68 Oct 24, 2012
I was reading about the process for entering dna into the CODIS. Im not saying this killer and Ramsey killer are the same person. I just don't throw anything out until its been thrown out. Do I think a teenage boy could do such a crime? In this day and age, yes I do. Could a teenage boy in 1996 have done the crime in the Ramsey case? I say yes to that too. Im not trying to put any spin on the Ridgeway case at all. It was only a thought.

“2009, 2011, 2012”

Since: Aug 11

Roll Tide - Good Luck, Tide!

#69 Oct 24, 2012
JimmyWells wrote:
He attacked a 22 year old woman a few weeks back but she got away. They have his DNA from the attack but they can't tie it to a name because it is not in codis yet. He attacked her using chloroform but she fought him off. The good thing is they have a legit description now from the 22 year old. <quoted text>
Jimmy, I've been meaning to respond to this and now, after going back over the posts, I'm going to say what I had intended to say back when I saw this the first time.

You say they have this guy's DNA from the attack but they can't tie it to a name because it is not in CODIS yet. It seems to me that they should prioritize the DNA samples so the ones that can possibly connect to someone in the database can be identified more quickly before the culprit has time to commit another crime.

Although I know each sample has its own importance, but it would seem that in special cases, some samples awaiting testing should be moved to the top of the list if there's a chance an innocent victim can be saved!

Do you know if that is the protocol? Thanks.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#70 Oct 24, 2012
Lisa wrote:
I was reading about the process for entering dna into the CODIS. Im not saying this killer and Ramsey killer are the same person. I just don't throw anything out until its been thrown out. Do I think a teenage boy could do such a crime? In this day and age, yes I do. Could a teenage boy in 1996 have done the crime in the Ramsey case? I say yes to that too. Im not trying to put any spin on the Ridgeway case at all. It was only a thought.
The police investigation was manipulated by the DAís office working in an inappropriate relationship with Ramsey attorneys. From allowing the removal of potential evidence from the crime scene to suppressing vital information about how emotionally ill these children were, the blame does not rest solely with the Boulder Police. Most criminal behavior is rooted in mental illness and Burke and Jonbenet were being seen by a therapist for not using the toilet. That is a severe emotional situation for a child and signifies a history of abuse.

Kolarís book has cleaned the air. Most people have figured out what happened now. It gets clearer every day. Even the Ramsey family isnít looking for a killer because they know what happened between Burke and his innocent little sister.

Jessica Ridgeway was attacked by an animal. Her body was cut up. What happened to her in no way relates to the accidental death and staged crime scene cover-up of Jonbenet Ramsey. Her killer will be caught. He will be held responsible unless he is so mentally deranged he doesnít use the toilet either. The problem the Ramsey children had, encopresis is so peculiar Jessicaís killer would be declared unfit to stand trial if he suffers from it.
Lisa

Mercer, PA

#71 Oct 24, 2012
arret made !!
Lisa

Mercer, PA

#72 Oct 24, 2012
stay tuned for news conference at noon CO time
Lisa

Mercer, PA

#73 Oct 24, 2012

“WAX ON”

WAX OFF

#74 Oct 24, 2012
Westminster police have arrested a 17 year old boy for investigation of the murder of Jessica Ridgeway.

Austin Reed Sigg was arrested late Tuesday night after police received a tip that led them to a home near Ketner Lake Open Space, according to a news release from the Westminster Police Department.

Authorities also said that charges will be filed against Sigg for the May 28 attempted abduction of an adult jogger near Ketner Lake, which authorities confirmed earlier this week was connected to Jessica's kidnapping and murder.

Sigg will be charged with two counts of murder in the first degree and a second-degree kidnapping charge, among others.

According to police documents, Sigg is a student at Arapahoe Community

Jessica Ridgeway. More photos.(The Denver Post)College.

On March 23, Sigg won second place in the Crime Scene Investigation division of the Health Occupation Students of America State Leadership Conference competition.

Police will release additional information at a news conference at 12:05 p.m. at the Westminster Police Department.

On Monday, police confirmed between Jessica's disappearance on the morning Oct. 5 and the attempted abduction of an adult jogger on Memorial Day near Ketner Lake. That woman told authorities that a man attempted to cover her face with a chemical-soaked rag.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/

Since: May 11

Seattle, WA

#75 Oct 24, 2012
DrSeussMd wrote:
Westminster police have arrested a 17 year old boy for investigation of the murder of Jessica Ridgeway.
Austin Reed Sigg was arrested late Tuesday night after police received a tip that led them to a home near Ketner Lake Open Space, according to a news release from the Westminster Police Department.
Authorities also said that charges will be filed against Sigg for the May 28 attempted abduction of an adult jogger near Ketner Lake, which authorities confirmed earlier this week was connected to Jessica's kidnapping and murder.
Sigg will be charged with two counts of murder in the first degree and a second-degree kidnapping charge, among others.
According to police documents, Sigg is a student at Arapahoe Community
Jessica Ridgeway. More photos.(The Denver Post)College.
On March 23, Sigg won second place in the Crime Scene Investigation division of the Health Occupation Students of America State Leadership Conference competition.
Police will release additional information at a news conference at 12:05 p.m. at the Westminster Police Department.
On Monday, police confirmed between Jessica's disappearance on the morning Oct. 5 and the attempted abduction of an adult jogger on Memorial Day near Ketner Lake. That woman told authorities that a man attempted to cover her face with a chemical-soaked rag.
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/
Thanks Doc! Now, in order for us to move forward, we need to know WHY. Seems the WHO has been established.
RIP Jessica

Location hidden

#76 Oct 24, 2012
SO GLAD HE IS CAUGHT.

He is most likely was not a college student rather a misfit taking alternative classes of some sort. Most community colleges offer some sort of program like that for kids that can't make it in 'regular' school.

Location hidden

#77 Oct 24, 2012
The Ramsey Spin Time is probably livid the guy is too young to try and pin Jonbenet's death on.
Lisa

Mercer, PA

#78 Oct 24, 2012
Im not trying to pin anything on anyone. FYI. Ths case to me was revealing that the killer was young, in more ways than one. Yet, the person in custody now was certainly not 18-30 either.
Lisa

Mercer, PA

#79 Oct 24, 2012
Meaning, the Ridgeway case. A 17 yr old is in custody.

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#80 Oct 24, 2012
Lisa wrote:
Meaning, the Ridgeway case. A 17 yr old is in custody.
17 is pretty close to 18, dontcha think? LOL

Of course that would have made him 1 in 1996.

“Hey”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#81 Oct 24, 2012
The sample goes in the database is quoted as "Unknown," same as the Ramsey case. There are literally thousands of these samples in CODIS as we speak. They have the sample but they can't tie it to a name because they don't have another to compare it with yet.
Ole South wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmy, I've been meaning to respond to this and now, after going back over the posts, I'm going to say what I had intended to say back when I saw this the first time.
You say they have this guy's DNA from the attack but they can't tie it to a name because it is not in CODIS yet. It seems to me that they should prioritize the DNA samples so the ones that can possibly connect to someone in the database can be identified more quickly before the culprit has time to commit another crime.
Although I know each sample has its own importance, but it would seem that in special cases, some samples awaiting testing should be moved to the top of the list if there's a chance an innocent victim can be saved!
Do you know if that is the protocol? Thanks.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#82 Oct 24, 2012
Jimmy, your posts on this case were very accurate, such as stating the perp lived by the crime scenes. Thanks for those posts and your knowledge from being a police officer.

I was listening to Channel 7 in Denver at the time of the announcement of the arrest. It appears the kid told his mother something, and THANK GOD, the mother had a conscience, and told the kid to turn himself in. They also said he had waived his rights, so they were going to get to question him.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#83 Oct 24, 2012
The mother called the police on her kid:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/24/suspect-...
candy

East Lansing, MI

#84 Oct 24, 2012
JimmyWells wrote:
The sample goes in the database is quoted as "Unknown," same as the Ramsey case. There are literally thousands of these samples in CODIS as we speak. They have the sample but they can't tie it to a name because they don't have another to compare it with yet. <quoted text>
That's right, CODIS runs every single Friday, everything is compared once a week.
candy

East Lansing, MI

#85 Oct 24, 2012
Nancy Grace, quoting local CO TV sources, this punk confessed to HOG TYING the 10 year old child, then strangling her, then he left her torso in a certain area, and her backpack miles away to "throw off investigators..." Oh yeah, like Kliebolt and Harris, he's a gamer playing CALL OF DUTY and other violent video games. www.cnn.com

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#86 Oct 25, 2012
I've been watching the news on this and this kid is so disturbed that it will never be safe to have in in society again

I'm hoping that he never sees the light of day and have the ability to harm another person. I am so glad this was solved as quickly as it was.

His mother did the right thing, as sad as it must have been for her.

“May you all come home”

Since: Mar 07

safely Bless you all

#87 Oct 25, 2012
They just said on the news that he was in community college studying..........

forensics and MORTUARY SCIENCE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What I believe is close to what happened 15 hr undrtheradar 39
Karr's Christmas Message 16 hr Legal__Eagle 42
Chief Kolar's AMA on Reddit 17 hr Legal__Eagle 183
Random thought about the Stines Sun Steve Eller 75
SBTC--Victory Sun realTopaz 29
ICU2 's Child Trafficking Sun ICU2 165
John Ramsey Role Sat Legal__Eagle 60
More from around the web