Kiddie models
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
candy

East Lansing, MI

#1 Apr 5, 2007
http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/dp-88715...
Superstar in the making?
Despite her blossoming career as a model, Loghan Campbell still finds time to be a regular 7-year-old.
BY SHENEQUA GOLDING
April 5, 2007
As her baby teeth begin to loosen and her adult teeth start to grow in, 7-year-old Loghan Campbell of Williamsburg still maintains the innocence of childhood.
However, unlike most children her age, Loghan has been working since 3. Her modeling jobs have included work for the Lilly Pulitzer clothing line, a fashion show for Williamsburg's Pink Cabana boutique,- a benefit fashion show for the LPGA tournament, as well as appearances in the Hanna Anderson clothing catalog and several wedding magazines.
Her budding career would never have taken root, had it not been for Loghan's persistence, her parents said. Kristie and John Campbell's apprehension almost derailed Loghan's success.
"I was opposed to it at first," Kristie Campbell said. "I wasn't into the pageant scene, and she kept on insisting that she be a model. Finally - out of sheer 'shut up'- I brought her in."
John Campbell's apprehension came from his lack of knowledge about the modeling world.
"For me, it was something I was very cautious of. I didn't want it to be anything like a JonBenet type of thing," he said. He referred to JonBenet Ramsey, the 6-year-old Colorado pageant princess who seized national attention after she was found dead in 1996.
Loghan's chestnut-brown hair and piercing blue eyes forecast the beauty required to have a lasting career in the fashion world.
But her schedule - which will soon include horseback riding and acting lessons, atop modeling and competitive swimming - might leave some observers wondering whether she has time to just be a kid.
Her grandmother, Mary Ann Macaluso, thinks that Loghan's extracurricular activities are shaping her into a well-rounded individual. "You know what?" she asked. "It's better than being idle and sitting in front of the TV."
candy

East Lansing, MI

#2 Apr 5, 2007
Regarding what's the best part about modeling, Loghan lets go of her professionalism. The fidgety 7-year-old shines through, playing with the buckle on her pink sandals.
"You get to go in magazines," she said. "Sometimes, you get to go to really fun places."
As for the not-so-fun parts of modeling, Loghan is quick to mention how tired she can get sometimes and how she "sort of stretches" to stay awake.
To maintain that innocence, the Campbell's have kept Loghan grounded with family and church. They even pulled her from what could have been a lucrative Hanes underwear ad, saying they thought that it was inappropriate for her.
They also pulled Loghan out of a modeling competition, worrying that her career was beginning to go to her head.
"I pulled her from her first convention because she was developing a bit of an attitude," Kristie Campbell said. "I realized that she needed to come back to earth."
Pat Wright, owner of Wright Model and Talent of Newport News, where Loghan works, said Loghan's success was due to her upbringing.
"She's a beautiful child and well behaved," Wright said. "One that takes direction is very rare to find."
Kristie Campbell also said that in an industry that could force the young to grow up quickly, she hadn't encountered a photographer who wanted Loghan to act or appear older than she really is.
Loghan's years of modeling work have paid for her private school education.
But, John Campbell said, that isn't an added pressure for her to continue modeling.
'The approach that we have taken with Loghan and modeling is the approach that a parent takes to a child playing soccer," he said.
"This is for her education, not 'Hey, I would love to have a Harley.' "
Kristie Campbell said they would allow Loghan to take her modeling as far as she wanted.
Unaware of the magnitude of her success, Loghan hopes to become a pediatrician and "an animal shelter person" because of her love for animals - especially monkeys.
"I like monkeys," she said. "They do lots of crazy stuff."
why_nut

United States

#3 Apr 5, 2007
If Loghan's parents spent the money required for travel expenses, pageant fees, costumes, and coaching on vacations and savings accounts, Loghan would still be able to go to "really fun places", still be able to attend private school, and would not require that adult men and women judge her value to them purely on how pretty she looks at any particular moment. Spending $15,000 to eventually win a $10,000 pageant prize is not a way to pretend that Loghan is earning money from her activity. The single best question to ever ask a pageant parent in these kinds of articles is, "What is your profit margin? How much more have you made in wins than you spent in expenses?" The second best set of questions to ask is, "How well is Loghan doing in school? To get into a good med school to become a pediatrician, she will have to have good grades in courses that medical schools require. How are her math skills? How does she handle the sight of blood? Is her modeling career helping her learn more about the science she will need to know?"
why_nut

United States

#4 Apr 5, 2007
Loghan has a brother, Shane. I wonder if Kristie and John spend as much time and money advancing their son's interests as they do their daughter's? Is his private school unpaid-for because he has no modeling career? Does he spend all day being judged by men and women purely on how he looks?
candy

East Lansing, MI

#6 Apr 5, 2007
Hi Rodney,

That's Williamsburg, Virginia.

Hey why_nut, great points as usual.
Patricia Fox

Atlanta, GA

#7 Apr 5, 2007
candy wrote:
http://www.dailypress.com/news /local/dp-88715sy0apr05,0,4524 088.story?coll=dp-features-wms bg
Superstar in the making?
Despite her blossoming career as a model, Loghan Campbell still finds time to be a regular 7-year-old.
BY SHENEQUA GOLDING
April 5, 2007
As her baby teeth begin to loosen and her adult teeth start to grow in, 7-year-old Loghan Campbell of Williamsburg still maintains the innocence of childhood.
However, unlike most children her age, Loghan has been working since 3. Her modeling jobs have included work for the Lilly Pulitzer clothing line, a fashion show for Williamsburg's Pink Cabana boutique,- a benefit fashion show for the LPGA tournament, as well as appearances in the Hanna Anderson clothing catalog and several wedding magazines.
Her budding career would never have taken root, had it not been for Loghan's persistence, her parents said. Kristie and John Campbell's apprehension almost derailed Loghan's success.
"I was opposed to it at first," Kristie Campbell said. "I wasn't into the pageant scene, and she kept on insisting that she be a model. Finally - out of sheer 'shut up'- I brought her in."
John Campbell's apprehension came from his lack of knowledge about the modeling world.
"For me, it was something I was very cautious of. I didn't want it to be anything like a JonBenet type of thing," he said. He referred to JonBenet Ramsey, the 6-year-old Colorado pageant princess who seized national attention after she was found dead in 1996.
Loghan's chestnut-brown hair and piercing blue eyes forecast the beauty required to have a lasting career in the fashion world.
But her schedule - which will soon include horseback riding and acting lessons, atop modeling and competitive swimming - might leave some observers wondering whether she has time to just be a kid.
Her grandmother, Mary Ann Macaluso, thinks that Loghan's extracurricular activities are shaping her into a well-rounded individual. "You know what?" she asked. "It's better than being idle and sitting in front of the TV."
I think there is a world of difference between a child model and "pageant circuit junkies"..Lots of children model for catalogues, department stores, etc. Most of them model as who they are, young children that look like young children. The pageant circuit exploitation in trying to make these little girls look like an adult woman is totally different.
Patricia Fox

Atlanta, GA

#8 Apr 5, 2007
I am not referring to the children as being junkies..It is in most cases, the mother.
Kristie

Williamsburg, VA

#9 Apr 26, 2007
As the child's mother, I can assure you that my child is not exploited in any way. She in in this because it is what SHE wants. She keeps up with her school work and is always proud and praised for doing well (and yes,she does like the sight of blood). We still go on family vacations. Her brother is well taken care of... equal time and energy spent on both children. I am not a junkie, i am just trying to support my children the best way I can. What would the difference be if I were taking her around for a travel soccer team. Just as much money and time. I am proud that I was blessed with beautiful children, but their looks haven't gotten them where they are. It is their personalities and the family values given to them at home and in school. They are both well rounded and I am super proud of both of them.
Capricorn

New York, NY

#10 Apr 26, 2007
Like all things, everyhing has its boundaries.

There are little league dads and then there are little league dads who berate the kids and fight with other parents

There are soccer moms/dads and there are soccer moms/dads who scream and curse while the plays are made

Like all things "kiddie", lines get crossed

There are pageant kids and moms and then there are pageant kids and moms who go over the top, as, IMO Patsy did with a child so young. Children THAT young will do whatever they "think" will be fun, and then add to that, they are pleasing their family and of course they "want" to.

I have no problem with pageants with kids being pretty and dressed up, but again, the limits of good taste should prevail

There is nothing as uncomfortabe for a viewer IMO than to see a little girl of JBR's age with full Vegas make up and dressed like a showgirl, along with suggestive dance moves. It looks as unnatural as it is

Just my opinion, but like all things, there are and should be, boundaries of good taste. That is up to the parents to ensure.

I'm glad your children are stable and well adjusted

That does not, in my opinion apply to the Ramsey's in their quest for JBR's pageant "victories"
Patricia Fox

Atlanta, GA

#11 Apr 26, 2007
Kristie wrote:
As the child's mother, I can assure you that my child is not exploited in any way. She in in this because it is what SHE wants. She keeps up with her school work and is always proud and praised for doing well (and yes,she does like the sight of blood). We still go on family vacations. Her brother is well taken care of... equal time and energy spent on both children. I am not a junkie, i am just trying to support my children the best way I can. What would the difference be if I were taking her around for a travel soccer team. Just as much money and time. I am proud that I was blessed with beautiful children, but their looks haven't gotten them where they are. It is their personalities and the family values given to them at home and in school. They are both well rounded and I am super proud of both of them.
The OVEREMPHASIS on makeup, hair, clothes and the exaggerated movements in my opinion is not good. I have seen several documentaries on some of the girls and mothers who travel these pageant routes and to me it is quite sad what some of these little girls go through..

Again, it all comes down to letting children be themselves and not trying to make them into a miniature adult.

Patricia Fox

Atlanta, GA

#12 Apr 26, 2007
Kristie, I mean no disrespect to you in anyway..You know your children and I am sure you have their best interests at heart.
joejam

Edmond, OK

#13 Apr 26, 2007
bump
JamieRN

AOL

#14 May 1, 2007
I did watch something last week on VH1 and it was funny...no disrespect here, but all those mommas that had those kids in the pageants (and they were beautiful, blond and all except for the one black one)....all the mommas were fat and uncared for in their appearance. You could definetly tell they were living through those baby girls......
Nelly

AOL

#15 May 1, 2007
JamieRN wrote:
I did watch something last week on VH1 and it was funny...no disrespect here, but all those mommas that had those kids in the pageants (and they were beautiful, blond and all except for the one black one)....all the mommas were fat and uncared for in their appearance. You could definetly tell they were living through those baby girls......
I saw that too, JJ. It was amusing, I agree. How about the little one that told her mother "I look better than all of 'em", and they abruptly left? That cracked me up, though that kid is a brat with a capital B.
You're right about the mamas. That really stands out in contrast to the perfect little models. I wonder if the pageant moms liked Patsy and her entourage? I doubt PR ever looked shabby at one of those events, but maybe...?
Kristie

Williamsburg, VA

#16 May 2, 2007
I am really beginning to wonder if the bunch of you know how to read... My child does NOT do pageants. She is simply a child model who does work for high end catalogues. I seriously doubt that any of you have considered that this is not the same thing as pageants. The times that my daughter wears makeup for a photo shoot (again not a pageant) are few and far between. IF she does have makeup on if is minimal and you can not tell in the pictures. She has NEVER been judged by photographers. As a matter of fact, people in the industry like her because she is just a kid. She is sweet, funny, and a ton of fun. No, I am not FAT or living through my child. As a matter fact, I am a size 2 and 5'2". I have a beautiful family, a wonderful husband, an adoring son, and yes, a successful daughter. If you can't sink you teeth into that, I am so sorry for you all. Maybe you ought to find a better hobby than obsessing about JBR. Get over it, that was 10 years ago and my child is nothing like the pageant princess she was. Read the facts before putting people down.

“Idaho Wilderness”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#17 May 2, 2007
Kristie wrote:
I am really beginning to wonder if the bunch of you know how to read... My child does NOT do pageants. She is simply a child model who does work for high end catalogues. I seriously doubt that any of you have considered that this is not the same thing as pageants. The times that my daughter wears makeup for a photo shoot (again not a pageant) are few and far between. IF she does have makeup on if is minimal and you can not tell in the pictures. She has NEVER been judged by photographers. As a matter of fact, people in the industry like her because she is just a kid. She is sweet, funny, and a ton of fun. No, I am not FAT or living through my child. As a matter fact, I am a size 2 and 5'2". I have a beautiful family, a wonderful husband, an adoring son, and yes, a successful daughter. If you can't sink you teeth into that, I am so sorry for you all. Maybe you ought to find a better hobby than obsessing about JBR. Get over it, that was 10 years ago and my child is nothing like the pageant princess she was. Read the facts before putting people down.
Just ignore them Kristie! They have nothing better to do than put everyone who thinks differently
than they do down.

JS
JamieRN

AOL

#18 May 2, 2007
Kristie wrote:
I am really beginning to wonder if the bunch of you know how to read... My child does NOT do pageants. She is simply a child model who does work for high end catalogues. I seriously doubt that any of you have considered that this is not the same thing as pageants. The times that my daughter wears makeup for a photo shoot (again not a pageant) are few and far between. IF she does have makeup on if is minimal and you can not tell in the pictures. She has NEVER been judged by photographers. As a matter of fact, people in the industry like her because she is just a kid. She is sweet, funny, and a ton of fun. No, I am not FAT or living through my child. As a matter fact, I am a size 2 and 5'2". I have a beautiful family, a wonderful husband, an adoring son, and yes, a successful daughter. If you can't sink you teeth into that, I am so sorry for you all. Maybe you ought to find a better hobby than obsessing about JBR. Get over it, that was 10 years ago and my child is nothing like the pageant princess she was. Read the facts before putting people down.
no one is putting you down. We are trying to get to the fact that a child was murdered. I could care less what size you are and I'm glad that you have such a wonderful life. No one said otherwise. Do you bleach your child's hair? To make her think she isn't good enough just the way she is? No one is saying what you are,...get a grip and live your life. This is about JonBenet, not you....
JamieRN

AOL

#19 May 2, 2007
Justice seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ignore them Kristie! They have nothing better to do than put everyone who thinks differently
than they do down.
JS
Are you being paid for what you state? Why are you protecting the parents over what happened to JonBenet? Isn't she the soul purpose of all these threads? What would you say to her now? Think about it JS....truly. That baby is dead and no one else has done this before or since. What was the motive? It wasn't against John, like the ransom not implicated...he is still alive.....what is your point? It isn't JonBenet.
JamieRN

AOL

#20 May 2, 2007
That baby is dead.....and it was not the infamous intruder. It wasn't.....
Capricorn

New York, NY

#21 May 3, 2007
Kristie wrote:
I am really beginning to wonder if the bunch of you know how to read... My child does NOT do pageants. She is simply a child model who does work for high end catalogues. I seriously doubt that any of you have considered that this is not the same thing as pageants. The times that my daughter wears makeup for a photo shoot (again not a pageant) are few and far between. IF she does have makeup on if is minimal and you can not tell in the pictures. She has NEVER been judged by photographers. As a matter of fact, people in the industry like her because she is just a kid. She is sweet, funny, and a ton of fun. No, I am not FAT or living through my child. As a matter fact, I am a size 2 and 5'2". I have a beautiful family, a wonderful husband, an adoring son, and yes, a successful daughter. If you can't sink you teeth into that, I am so sorry for you all. Maybe you ought to find a better hobby than obsessing about JBR. Get over it, that was 10 years ago and my child is nothing like the pageant princess she was. Read the facts before putting people down.
There's a world of difference between what your daughter does regarding "modeling", and pageants.

I don't understand why you are criticizing those who are here; after all YOU are here as well . It's our opinion about PAGEANTS, not modeling.

And like all things, parents can go overboard. If you don't, that's wonderful, but the forum is about the Ramsey pageants, not your daughter's modeling career. I'm glad all is well with your family; however, we are discussing the Ramsey family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

JonBenet Ramsey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Officer French Field Report 41 min cottonstar 193
Hoffman questions 1 hr kauna 9
Spiral Staircase Christmas Lights Found? (May '10) 2 hr kauna 41
News 'Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!': Burke Ra... 2 hr kauna 18
MODERATOR SHOW YOUR BLUE CARD ..Step in here i... 3 hr KCinNYC 16
26 Dec 96 Police video footage of spiral stairc... (Sep '16) 3 hr Tex the MultI-Tasker 10
Blood choke or air choke 4 hr kauna 5
More from around the web